This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Zenkaikon V: Valley Forge Convention center March 18-20th 2011.

Comments

• I put up, I got my tickets for the con hope to meet you all there.
  • Someone asks for the person who did the burning Wheel demo in the forums :-p

Guess you should run a demo or two Rym ;-p
    I think Karl did it, not us.
  • I think Karl did it, not us.
    He did an Inspectres demo. Does Karl know Burning Wheel?
  • I think Karl did it, not us.
    He did an Inspectres demo. Does Karl know Burning Wheel?
    I would assume so, do I assume wrong? Is he going to PAX?
  • I think it was Alex.
  • I would assume so, do I assume wrong? Is he going to PAX?
    He knows of BW, but I'm not sure he really knows how to run it. He's getting paid to do some other anime con, he's not coming to PAX.
  • I think it was Alex.
    He was there?
  • My girlfriend is going, she is going to try and attend "Losing Should be Fun." I wanted her to see "Beyond Naruto," but she has friends in the Masquerade and it conflicts with that. Don't be mean to her. XP
  • He was there?
    Yea two years ago Alex and Jess came. Jess ran her Geekology panel for Collette.
  • My girlfriend is going, she is going to try and attend "Losing Should be Fun." I wanted her to see "Beyond Naruto," but she has friends in the Masquerade and it conflicts with that. Don't be mean to her. XP
    Oh cool, I should be around the panel area most of the convention. Tell her to say hi.
  • edited March 2011
    My girlfriend is going, she is going to try and attend "Losing Should be Fun." I wanted her to see "Beyond Naruto," but she has friends in the Masquerade and it conflicts with that. Don't be mean to her. XP
    Oh cool, I should be around the panel area most of the convention. Tell her to say hi.
    I don't think she'll recognize anyone from here, otherwise I would. I'm only able to get her to go to this panel because it had the name Geeknights attached to it. Otherwise I have no way of telling her how to meet people. Although she already knows (and loves) Uncle Yo. She's actually good friends with him.
    Note: If you're reading this, That Which Yoes, my girlfriend is Jen. You may know more than one Jen, but she's the one you did "Bees everywhere" with.
    Post edited by Axel on
  • So I am wondering if we are going to plan a pony party at ZenKaiKon in addition to the other meetups and game playing.
  • Just a bump wondering if there were any plans for ZenKaiKon like a FRC dinner or general gathering?
  • List of Table Top games available at Zenkaikon to play!
    I had no idea there was so much good tabletop gaming at an anime con. Does it go on pretty much all day? I never even thought to look since I'm only an extremely casual fan of anime and had never considered going to a con, but where there's gaming, I'll show up. Doubt I can make it this weekend but Valley Forge is <1.5 hours from me. I'll have to keep Zenkaikon on my radar.
  • edited March 2011
    Just a bump wondering if there were any plans for ZenKaiKon like a FRC dinner or general gathering?
    One of the benefits of being staff at Zenkaikon con is I get a room paid for plus I don't have to worry about food the entire weekend (Take that PAX ;-p) So generally I'll be in the panel area working that (I'm probably going to be overwhelmed) and any free time I'll probably be walking around or hanging in TableTop. But in general I will be avoiding paying for food. There is however a bar. I maybe will be there.
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • I had no idea there was so much good tabletop gaming at an anime con. Does it go on pretty much all day? I never even thought to look since I'm only an extremely casual fan of anime and had never considered going to a con, but where there's gaming, I'll show up. Doubt I can make it this weekend but Valley Forge is <1.5 hours from me. I'll have to keep Zenkaikon on my radar.</p>
    Yea, actually our table top area is like 2/3rd bigger then the year before with a shit ton more games in it. I think last time we ran the con the small ass tabletop area was used late night for a spin the bottle for a hug circle. The room will have staff and a library. I've been pushing to make this area better and it looks like it will be pretty good.
  • a hug circle
    Oh, right. Anime cons... ;^)

One step away from a furpile, son. Just one step away.
  • a hug circle
    Oh, right. Anime cons... ;^)

One step away from a furpile, son. Just one step away.
    This post made my day.
  • Sooooo, Zenkaikon kicked some butt, we increased attendance by 50% the table top room was surprisingly popular and successful and my panel rooms for the most part ran awesomely (except some technical issues). All the press seems to be great! W00t.
  • edited March 2011

Just hunting for media on the convention and I found a music video that has the tutu cosplayers in it.
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • Should of had a group to sing "Winter Wrap-Up."
  • I would like to thank the tabletop room for being as awesome as it was, that is all.
  • Yeah! I had a lot of fun at the tabletop room. We learned how to play R-eco.

Hey Axel, Karl and I got to meet your GF after his Anime One Night Stands panel. She and her friend were very sweet.
  • Hey Axel, Karl and I got to meet your GF after his Anime One Night Stands panel. She and her friend were very sweet.
    Oh yea! so did I she seemed really nice.
  • She mentioned you, Ametto. I'm glad you all had a good time. She's known Karl for a while, and we both became fans of his act separately.
  • Then I'll be happy to see you both at Tora-Con in April.
  • I will be happy to see you again then as well, after seeing you at Otakon 2009 and 2010. We're all looking forward to seeing you.