This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Steam Summer Sale

Comments

• There's discounts on indie games as well, though no daily discounts at the moment. Machinarium and Guns of Icarus are both half-price at $5, though they might still go on for a bigger discount later on.
  • edited June 2010
    Hey, can someone gift me Dirt2? The price is too good to pass up, but I don't have the money right now. I'll pay you the $10 back on the 16th of next month (when my paycheck comes in).
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • edited June 2010
    I really don't want to have a reputation as the guy to go to when you don't have enough money for a game - especially not in the next couple of weeks - but I guess I could do it. You've still got almost 9 hours before it's up, though.

For others' reference, I haven't resolved to do it. If someone wants to, they should post first.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • If I could get it myself right now, I would. I don't like asking for this sort of thing, but, like I said, this deal is too good. I really like this game, and I'd like to give back to the developers while it's in my price range. If anyone doesn't feel comfortable doing it, believe me, you are under no obligation to do so. I'm just throwing this request out there to see if anyone can help me out with this.
  • edited June 2010
    Alright. I've added you to my Steam friends. Add me back and I'll buy it for you.

EDIT: Done.

So now Omnutia owes me $7.50, and you owe me $10.
  • edited June 2010
    Alright. I've added you to my Steam friends. Add me back and I'll buy it for you.
    So now Omnutia owes me $7.50, and you're about to owe me $10.
    I also owe you a coffee but that will have to wait for later. Thanks man, You're awesome.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • edited June 2010
    I guess Omnutia can buy me a drink whenever I'm in England next too. :D
    Well, London, at least.
  • @ Andrew's MoW video:
    Wouldn't they have won even if they didn't take that point at the end?
  • edited June 2010
    Looks like it wasn't 9 hours left after all. All of a sudden the counter says there's 26 minutes left. I don't get it.
    EDIT: It's back to 6:40 again. I guess it was a glitch.
  • Has anyone played Unreal 2? I'm hankering for some single player fps-ing. Don't want to buy the whole Unreal pack. Considering just the non-tournament ones.
  • edited June 2010
    I've had some experience with it. It was nothing special, really, but still a decent game.

Isn't there anything else on special that's better?
  • Has anyone played Unreal 2? I'm hankering for some single player fps-ing. Don't want to buy the whole Unreal pack. Considering just the non-tournament ones.
    Does unreal even have a single player mode?
  • There's the Unreal Tournament games, which are basically multi-player only, and the Unreal games, which are basically single-player only.
    Yes, I did. Skip it.
  • I'm thinking about getting the call of duty pack..Since I never played any of those and they are pretty highly rated..
  • I'm thinking about getting the call of duty pack..Since I never played any of those and they are pretty highly rated..
    I play teh call of doody, in my bathroom.
  • Going to go answer the call of dooky right now.
  • Although it's not individually on sale right now, I'd also like to recommend Company of Heroes to any fans of strategy games. The original will set you back ten bucks, but if you've got the extra green I'd suggest springing $50 for the THQ complete pack (which is on sale) which will get you not only CoH but both of its expansions in addition to everything else THQ has put on Steam (including Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War and DOW2 + expansion, which are also worth the price. Also, Red Faction: Guerilla, which is a hell of a lot of fun to run around in and blow shit up).
  • Although it's not individually on sale right now, I'd also like to recommend Company of Heroes to any fans of strategy games. The original will set you back ten bucks, but if you've got the extra green I'd suggest springing $50 for the THQ complete pack (which is on sale) which will get you not only CoH but both of its expansions in addition to everything else THQ has put on Steam (including Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War and DOW2 + expansion, which are also worth the price. Also, Red Faction: Guerilla, which is a hell of a lot of fun to run around in and blow shit up).
    Yea I got the THQ pack and played through some Company of heroes and really enjoyed it though I sorta wanted more single player missions, I'm kinda afraid to play against people because I figure at this point I'll be killed. I haven't been able to get into the Warhammer games yet, but I'll try again and I've played the original red faction only to learn that two does work on my computer for some reason, so I've played a bit of Guerrilla and found it to be fun but I haven't really committed to playing it yet.
  • edited June 2010
    I already have Dawn of War II + expansion and Soulstorm, so the THQ pack doesn't seem justified at $50 to me.
    Also, it seems that Steam doesn't have the original Dawn of War, nor the first expansion, Winter Assault; I have them on discs somewhere, though.
  • I already have Dawn of War II + expansion and Soulstorm, so the THQ pack doesn't seem justified at $50 to me.
    Also, it seems that Steam doesn't have the original Dawn of War, nor the first expansion, Winter Assault; I have them on discs somewhere, though.
    It's called the Gold Edition

I would hold off on buying either the Dawn of War series or CoH as I am sure there will be a daily deal for them.
  • Ah, right; I just assumed they didn't have it because it was absent in the THQ pack.

The retail prices of the Dawn of War I/II and COH games in the pack are $170 worth, so $50 corresponds to a ~70% discount, with a bunch of extra games bundled in.
  • Metro 2033 and Stalker are great freebies if you think of them that way. I've already bought most of the THQ games I wanted in the winter sale and other sales.
  • However, since I already own the Dawn of War games, it's not such a great deal anymore.
  • However, since I already own the Dawn of War games, it's not such a great deal anymore.
    I'm in the same boat you are in that case - I already own most of the games on the THQ list that aren't FPS. But it's a killer deal for someone who's into RTS games and plays a few FPS on the side
  • @Cheese: Are there any of the games in the £5/$7.50 range you want? It'll save the Paypal fee.
  • edited June 2010
    I haven't seen anything yet, but I'll tell you if something pops up.

It looks like the only deal of note today is Resident Evil 5 at $12.50; if you got me that, I'd owe you a $5 game and we could easily end up in an endless cycle and buy every game on Steam ^_~
  • eh I might go for Ghostbusters... Maybe aliens vs predator the original...
  • It looks like the only deal of note today is Resident Evil 5 at $12.50; if you got me that, I'd owe you a $5 game and we could easily end up in an endless cycle and buy every game on Steam ^_~
    *Somewhere, in a dark room, Gabe Newell leans back from his monitor and speaks: "Curses, they have uncovered my evil scheme.".*
  • edited June 2010
    Galcon Fusion could be okay for $2.50, but I don't really know anything about it.
    At $1.25, the original AvP is likely a good deal, though the new 2010 game probably wouldn't be worth that much.