This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Steam Summer Sale

Comments

• Damn it to hell, I bought the CIV IV pack YESTERDAY I should have waited till the last day.
  • Damn it to hell, I bought the CIV IV pack YESTERDAY I should have waited till the last day.
    Yeah that's sort of the trick with these Steam sales. Wait until the last day, just to be sure it doesn't show up during one of the 24hr sales.
    Nooooooooooooooo
  • Jedi Outcast worth $10? Or should I hope it goes down?

• The Plucker by Brom got a stage production. That is awesome.
  • Nabbed Civ IV. Glad I waited. Those who still don't have Half-life should get it. I got Flotilla a while ago and wasn't impressed at all, but with a price like $2.50, do what you will.
  • edited June 2010
    Broke my no-steam-sale rule and bought Zeno Clash. Haven't played it yet -- which is what makes it a breaking of the rule.
    Post edited by Funfetus on
  • edited June 2010
    I'm guessing it's too late, but the THQ pack would probably have been a better deal if you were getting both CoH and DoW2.
    Well, dicks.

If I buy the pack, can I gift any license I already have?

EDIT: I'll stick with vanilla Civ IV for right now. I only have three more months until we're fucking rocking the Civ V.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • I believe you can gift licenses if you purchase duplicate copies, yes. I bought the Orange Box some time ago and gifted a leftover copy of Half-Life 2 to a friend.
  • Only Value games and a few others allow.. there is a FAQ on steam about it
  • I believe you can gift licenses if you purchase duplicate copies, yes. I bought the Orange Box some time ago and gifted a leftover copy of Half-Life 2 to a friend.
    So far only valve allows this.
  • I have fifteen minutes left to decide whether or not I want the DoWII pack. I just bought the CoH pack.

Grr, decisions.
  • Hmmm.. that dogfight game looks good but they haven't discounted it yet (their update seems a bit buggy).
  • edited June 2010
    Hmm.. Operation Flashpoint looks alright for £3 but I'm guessing it's going to be pretty hard on bandwidth and my current computer.

Only [Ha!] 8GB and online Co-op.. Err.. £3.. I'll leave it in the basket.

50p for Ghoatse Master. It's worth that much just to experience the concept.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • OFP:DR = still overpriced. I wouldn't download it even if it were free.
  • OFP:DR = still overpriced. I wouldn't download it even if it were free.
    Care to elaborate, some friends and I were planning on buying it, we are kind of tired of the WWII and Zombie games (and don't have the money for Modern Warfare)
  • edited June 2010
    Would you download it if you weren't an ARMA fan and were just looking for something to keep you interested?

I'm not looking for any kind of long FPS commitment with NS2 so close.
  • Care to elaborate, some friends and I were planning on buying it, we are kind of tired of the WWII and Zombie games (and don't have the money for Modern Warfare)
    It depends on what you are looking for. If you want a realistic infantry simulator, this is not the game for you. If you just want to play with some friends in coop (from what I hear the multiplayer community is essentially dead), it might be worth it.
    Would you download it if you weren't an ARMA fan and were just looking for something to keep you interested?
    Impossible for me to say, I'm about as fanboy-ish as they get when it comes to ArmA. It's skewed my prospective on realistic combat, so when you look at something like OFP:DR, all you see is a paltry imitation. This is NOT the same OFP as the original (in fact it's not even made by the same people, but that's a story for a different time).
  • The first OFP was a simulation from a more.. civilized age.
  • If I've never played Monkey Island, is now the time?
    If you do, don't treat it like a video game. Treat it like a movie and use a FAQ.
  • edited June 2010
    Ok.. Introversion pack for £5 seems good. Got that and Flashpoint in my cart.

Can anyone tell me if Aquanox is any good. I saw it in the store and I'm pretty sure I've got a disc somewhere, is it worth looking for?

£3/$5 = The point at which any game that qualifies as "Worth trying sometime." becomes bought.
    If you do, don't treat it like a video game. Treat it like a movie and use a FAQ.
    Agreed - otherwise be prepared to be frustrated as shit while trying to figure out the videogame logic behind some of the puzzles. I loves me some LucasArts adventure games, but how the hell I ever played through those back in the day on the Amiga is way beyond me.
  • Agreed - otherwise be prepared to be frustrated as shit while trying to figure out the videogame logic behind some of the puzzles. I loves me some LucasArts adventure games, but how the hell I ever played through those back in the day on the Amiga is way beyond me.
    Exactly. I whipped out some ScummVM a year or so ago, and was super frustrated. It was a miracle that I ever tolerated those kinds of games. Also, while they were super humorous and entertaining to my middle-school self, they were not as much today. Many of the jokes were tired and corny to my present day self.
  • Oddworld pack 2.50€
    Buying now!
  • I still think that Quest for Glory II stands out as not being full of bullshit. III would have were it not for the horrifying bugs, and IV would have were it not for the horrifying bugs.
  • from what I hear the multiplayer community is essentially dead
    I was just thinking about this: With the old blood drained out, the multiplayer is going to fill back up with new players, it will be like the initial release all over again.
  • Hmmm.. that dogfight game looks good but they haven't discounted it yet (their update seems a bit buggy).
    I bought it awhile ago. It's an online dogfighting game. It's fun
    The Monkey Island game pack on sale is a new bunch released by TellTale. The puzzles are much easier, but I preferred the original games.
  • edited June 2010
    Flashpoint: Ok, I'm pretty sure there isn't meant to be a half second delay between my mouse and gun, no matter how realistic this is supposed to be.

Game seems to be otherwise running very smoothly.

Update: Oh, boy, this seems to be a common issue. Can I get a refund on the grounds of a faulty product if I can't actually shoot anything?