This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

It's sooo hot (I.E. Weather bitch thread)

Comments

• Please do!!! Im sick of this warm weather melting all my snow. We need another good 3 snow storms tbis winter.
    Man, I miss snow. I mean, it's perfect beach weather most of the time, but sand-fights are just not that fun.
  • Right now, it's 83 in the lab.

Fuck this nonsense.

Fuck this nonsense.
    It's about the same in the offices here. They've been installing the AC since last summer /sigh
  • Out in the park in Berlin. Spring has truly hit. Awesome.

• Heatwave in the South now. Sucks, mostly because all I have is a shitty ceiling fan to work with.
  • Yeah, but on the other hand, I'm outside in a T-shirt and it's beautiful here. :)
  • Today is top down driving weather.

Fuck this nonsense.
    Die in a fire. I would have biked to work today, but it was crazy fog in the morning. Weather says it will rain. Thursday is the day! FUCK YOU WEATHER GOD.
  • Weather says it will rain. ... FUCK YOU WEATHER GOD.
    Maybe you should do a Dry Dance to appease him.
  • Die in a fire.
    Indoor temperature of 83 is not pleasant. Outdoor? Just fine, though a bit warm. The air inside the lab isn't moving nearly fast enough for this to be pleasant.
  • 80 over the weekend. Sunny, occasionally cloudy and rainy, and 60s for the next 5 days. 43 and snow projected for Saturday.

I hate Illinois.
  • edited April 2011
    Oh fuck. I left my heater on at home today.

It's going to be hot as balls when I get back.

God damnit.

EDIT: This is why I need to hook it up to an arduino and network all of the infrastructure in my apartment.
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • So um... Are all of our North Carolina forumites accounted for and ok?
    Gunter's computer/steam account is online, which means that either he or his brother are around, or at the least, they have power. They're probably trying to keep the farm animals under control, if anything.
    Yup!
  • Holy shit, cold and rain out. It was all spring and shit, then, BAM, fucking freezing cold rain all up in this bitch.
  • The weather's just fine here. We got some heavy thunderstorms, but the worst of it missed us. Nothing like last the last storm that blew through; I ended up on the porch of a coffee shop while massive trees blew over, the streets flooded, golf ball-sized hail fucked everyone's cars up, a couple funnel clouds appeared on the horizon, and a transformer exploded causing almost everyone within a 2-mile radius to lose power. On the upside everyone at the shop got free coffee because it was going to go cold without electricity.
  • I wish it was snowing.
  • WHAT A LUHHHVERLY DAY!
  • Fucking blizzard goddamn it.
  • Fucking blizzard goddamn it.
    YES!!! PLEASE FROST GIANTS GRANT US YOUR BLESSING!
  • We've had two tornadoes in the past week and a half in Champaign county, and there's a flash flood watch in effect today. We've been having insane squalls every couple of days, as well.

A lighting strike or power surge has also blown a junction box or switch near my apartment, making my home network effectively unusable.
  • edited April 2011
    75 - 80% humidity for all of tomorrow.

Fuck you, sky. I don't like chewing my air.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • It fucking seriously needs to get 50 degrees colder and with mucho precipitation. This right now weather blows cheesey donkey balls.
  • 75 - 80% humidity for all of tomorrow.

It beats contending with tornadoes, flash floods, and gigantic hail every other day.
  • edited April 2011
    21 Celcius, cloudy, slightly cloudy tomorrow, and sunny for the rest of the week.

Queensland -
    Post edited by Churba on
  • It beats contending with tornadoes, flash floods, and gigantic hail every other day.
    I suppose.
  • I can understand people complaining about the cold. I can also understand, though disagree with, complaining about the heat.

But. You get one or the other. If you complain about it being cold in the winter, and then you immediately move on to complaining about it being hot in the summer, you are a moron. ;^)
  • 75 - 80% humidity for all of tomorrow.

I'm gonna be honest here. I'm not sure I know what humidity lower than that is like.
  • edited April 2011
    I can understand people complaining about the cold. I can also understand, though disagree with, complaining about the heat.

But. You get one or the other. If you complain about it being cold in the winter, and then you immediately move on to complaining about it being hot in the summer, you are a moron. ;^)
    I don't mind the cold or the heat, I mind 30 degree shifts in temp within days of each other because usually it means "headcold" time!

That and I really enjoy the 50-70 degree weather in the fall and spring which we never seem to get anymore...
    Post edited by Cremlian on