This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

It's sooo hot (I.E. Weather bitch thread)

Comments

• Rym said:

You all live in frigid wastelands.

The frozen north makes us stronger than you sweet summer children.

• You say in your air conditioned room as the temperature rises above a mild warm.
  • Fuck the outside, that's where the sun is.
  • Fuck the outside, that's where the sun is.

Probably the reason that many upper northern hemisphere countries require Vitamin D supplements.
  • Rym said:

We live in places where unlimited heat isn't rolled into our rent.
    In Beacon, we paid to keep the house that warm. Granted, it was super well insulated, with only one drafty spot by the big windows in the livingroom. But, we kept it at 76*, and it was worth every penny.
  • But what about the polar bears Rym? What about the polar bears?!?
  • But what about the polar bears Rym? What about the polar bears?!?

I think they'd probably prefer it a bit colder than 24 degrees.
  • Rym said:

This. The cold makes us stronger.
  • Cremlian said:

Rym said:

Really? Everyone who's visited us from northern England (Hull), Philadelphia and Washington thought that coming to Perth would be great fun.
    They got destroyed in the mid 30C then couldn't take it when it hit 48C.
    Wouldn't leave the house.
    They also ran screaming when they saw a moth which made us laugh uncontrollably.
  • Cremlian said:

Rym said:

We are aware that that argument is made unironically by social Darwinists, and one of the ways the CSA justified slavery, right?
  • Cold weather is the great divider!!!
  • People have a hard time tolerating and adjusting to weather extremes that are beyond what their native weather range has acclimated them to.

General enough for y'all?
  • Nuri said:

People have a hard time tolerating and adjusting to weather extremes that are beyond what their native weather range has acclimated them to.

NOT ALL PEOPLE.

Seriously, though, how are so many of you so unable to tolerate and adjust to weather extremes beyond your native range? I grew up in Michigan, yet somehow tolerate both my native extreme cold and extreme heat equally well.

What I'm trying to say is that I am objectively superior to many of you in this regard.

/off to the gym: I've only got 26 minutes.=

• Rym said:

Nuri said:

People have a hard time tolerating and adjusting to weather extremes that are beyond what their native weather range has acclimated them to.

NOT ALL PEOPLE.

Seriously, though, how are so many of you so unable to tolerate and adjust to weather extremes beyond your native range? I grew up in Michigan, yet somehow tolerate both my native extreme cold and extreme heat equally well.

What I'm trying to say is that I am objectively superior to many of you in this regard.

/off to the gym: I've only got 26 minutes.=

Bullshit. I went to RIT with you. You're a pansy when it comes to cold. Snow, maybe you can handle that, I'll give you that. But not cold, buddy.

• I can tolerate a lot of weather extremes, the question here is comfort.
  • RymRym
    edited November 2014

Bullshit. I went to RIT with you. You're a pansy when it comes to cold. Snow, maybe you can handle that, I'll give you that. But not cold, buddy.

Yes. That's why, as a human, I use modern technology called "clothing" and "cold weather gear" to empower myself in these situations. ;^)

I build a tiny house and wear it to my destination.

Also, you never joined us "sunbathing" in the spring on the Quarter Mile...

Post edited by Rym on
  • Temperature is weird. In the summer I love when the house is 65 but in the winter 65 in the house gives me a headache.
  • I heard a rumor of 70 inches in Buffalo. Don't go there. If you are there, leave.
  • It's not a rumor. It may have set a record for the largest ever overnight snowfall in a populated area.

Apparently winter has arrived.
  • Three people have emailed me to ask me if I'm all right in account of "all that snow in New York."

I live further from that snow than that snow is from Detroit...
  • I'm reading now that predictions range from 80 - 100" total possible snowfall when this is all done.

The fact that a 3-digit snowfall total is within the realm of possibility is mind-blowing to me.
  • The big question is, will they cancel school?
  • I'm reading now that predictions range from 80 - 100" total possible snowfall when this is all done.

The fact that a 3-digit snowfall total is within the realm of possibility is mind-blowing to me.

If that shit comes near NYC I am getting on a plane that is going anywhere tropical and not coming back until it melts.
  • Apreche said:

I'm reading now that predictions range from 80 - 100" total possible snowfall when this is all done.

If that shit comes near NYC I am getting on a plane that is going anywhere tropical and not coming back until it melts.
    I'll tunnel my way to Hunter and ski for a week or two.

• HMTKSteve said:

The big question is, will they cancel school?

The places with many feet of snow all have travel bans in place. Pretty sure that means school is cancelled.

• edited February 2015
    Nuri said:

-_-

I thought you loved the snow. Isn't that why you live in a house in the middle of the northern woods?
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • I love the snow when it is a reasonable amount. Today I could not drive out of my driveway.
  • Nuri said:

I love the snow when it is a reasonable amount. Today I could not drive out of my driveway.

I'll let you borrow the magic train that took me to work if it means I can stay home and watch animes.