This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

It's sooo hot (I.E. Weather bitch thread)

Comments

• I'm basically made of snow, so I had little difficulty getting to work.

Guy I know lives in Potsdam, which is basically Canada. 30 below wind chill there this morning. There was just enough humidity that his car was frozen from the inside.

So it could be worse.
  • My Neon used to freeze from the inside because water would leak into the trunk and make its way into the cabin where it would evaporate and then freeze up on the inside of the glass.
  • That never even happened in Rochester. Sure, the car would be completely encased in a solid sheet of ice, but not on the inside.
  • edited February 2015
    Shit gets cold up yonder. Part of the reason we True Upstate folk always insist on telling people where upstate actually begins - you just don't understand how cold it can get.

Swear I've seen White Walkers.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • Shit gets cold up yonder. Part of the reason we True Upstate folk always insist on telling people where upstate actually begins - you just don't understand how cold it can get.

Swear I've seen White Walkers.

Upstate begins in Yonkers.
  • Apreche said:

Nuri said:

I love the snow when it is a reasonable amount. Today I could not drive out of my driveway.

I'll let you borrow the magic train that took me to work if it means I can stay home and watch animes.
    Nope. Today has been a Fate/Zero kind of day.

• Original bad poem:

Snowfall is like your first love.
    You remember it fondly.
    Until that shit is in your driveway.
  • So tired of snow. Working a double shift today and I imagine plows have completely blocked my driveway by now.
  • Every snow storm has completely failed to produce significant snow fall in the Philadelphia area. I had to travel to NH to be around snow for a week :-p
  • I have seen more snow in the last two days than in the rest of my life. Some of it was stacked up taller than me (185cm). So beautiful, great to visit, but don't think I'd want to live there.
  • I love snow. What I hate is afterwards when it turns into that blackish dirty slush.
  • I have not seen snow this bad since four years ago.
  • -20F. Cold than a bitch
  • edited February 2015
    Winter on the west coast 2070. A friend from high school posted this on Facebook. Thought it was kinda wacky.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • Its been over 70 all week. Gonna be tough transitioning from Hawaii back to the insanity that is Boston.
  • Where is the warm weather? I have a three day weekend this weekend and would consider driving south for some warm weather. In CT now.
  • HMTKSteve said:

Where is the warm weather? I have a three day weekend this weekend and would consider driving south for some warm weather. In CT now.

Jet Blue has many cheap flights to tropical places.
  • My brother just called me from Athens GA and they had sleet and snow right now. Aim further south.
  • Rio De Janeiro is nice if you ignore all the murder and other crime. Also the crushing poverty.
  • HMTKSteve said:

Where is the warm weather? I have a three day weekend this weekend and would consider driving south for some warm weather. In CT now.

Literally everywhere else in the world except the east coast and midwest of the US. Fucking literally.

• Florida's still nice and warm. What's this "snow" I keep hearing about?
  • edited February 2015
    Ruffas said:

Seattle's still nice and warm. What's this "snow" I keep hearing about?

Post edited by theknoxinator on
  • I don't think there is anywhere in reasonable driving distance for a three day weekend :(
  • How about inside your house. Spend the money you would have spent on gasoline/hotel/whatever on turning the heat up for a few days! Problem solved.
  • I filled my oil tank two weeks ago. It is already under a quarter tank. I normally go six weeks between fills in the winter.

I compared notes with a coworker who uses a Nest controller. Normal winter his boiler runs three hours a day total. The last two weeks his has averaged 15 hours a day.
  • I think I've finally hit my permanent "fuck this" level with winter.

No more. I'm done.

Snow is fucking stupid. Frostbite-inducing temperatures are fucking stupid. Whipping out the ruler and measuring the cold-tolerance-dick is fucking stupid.

I will gladly live in a place that has pussy-ass winter.
  • Here in Boston we're rooting for six more inches so that we can break the record for snowiest winter in recorded Boston history. Because when you've been getting snow in feet for weeks, six inches doesn't feel like a hassle anymore.
  • High 50s, partly sunny/cloudy days here. Cherry blossoms are blooming. Ahhhhh.
  • same here