This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Connecticon 2010

2»

Comments

• All I need to say about Friday is that Uncle Yo knows how to run a funny goddamn pannel.
    That is indeed true. Both him and Patches.
  • Pete, I would have loved to chat with you and introduce myself after the Bang Your Head panel, but they kicked you out and I was really tired and needed to drive home. Great panel, much improved from last year! I was the guy wearing the ThinkGeek Heavy Metals shirt.
  • Pete, I would have loved to chat with you and introduce myself after the Bang Your Head panel, but they kicked you out and I was really tired and needed to drive home. Great panel, much improved from last year! I was the guy wearing the ThinkGeek Heavy Metals shirt.
    Awesome! Glad you enjoyed it. Next year, just push ahead and be like, "Hey, I'm blah from the forums." I'll pay attention to you.
  • That is indeed true. Both him and Patches.
    Thanks. It falls apart a bit if I try to be serious. :P
  • That is indeed true. Both him and Patches.
    Thanks. It falls apart a bit if I try to be serious. :P
    You were Abbott and Carl was Costello.
  • So I've realized that much like watching awesome anime with someone who hasn't seen it before enhances it for me, the same thing goes for people who have never attended a con before. Watching my friends reaction to all of the cosplayers and the sheer geekness that was around him was pretty funny to see, and his commentary made the con much more enjoyable.
    Also Pete, you are a pretty awesome dude and your panels were pretty sweet, especially the metal one. Plus the tag team of Carl and George usually adds up to unlimited entertainment and I will now go to any panel with both of your names on it. This was probably one of the best Connecticons that I have been to ever.
  • Aside from my panel Saturday, and Super Art Fight, I don't think I left the dealers room for the whole con. Was still a blast though, and seemed like everyone was having a good time.
  • Aside from my panel Saturday, and Super Art Fight, I don't think I left the dealers room for the whole con. Was still a blast though, and seemed like everyone was having a good time.
    You and Ananth gave a pretty good panel. Very interesting and very engaging.
    That's good to hear, I was a little worried about it since we didn't really plan it out too much, and I wasn't sure how well the camera was working. Next time I do it I think I'll make a rig for it.
    That's good to hear, I was a little worried about it since we didn't really plan it out too much, and I wasn't sure how well the camera was working. Next time I do it I think I'll make a rig for it.
    That was the only complaint I had, the camera was a tiny bit nauseating. A rig is definitely required next time.
  • One thing I will say is the Spooky Manor portion was unbearable. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the set up, but I swear to God that we had some of the absolute worst people playing it. It took us 20 freaking turns to go down some fucking stairs, very frustrating.
  • but I swear to God that we had some of the absolute worst people playing it. It took us 20 freaking turns to go down some fucking stairs, very frustrating.
    That's kinda the idea.
  • It took us 20 freaking turns to go down some fucking stairs, very frustrating.
    Every crowd is different. PAX people are more savvy when it comes to gaming, especially this style.
  • Also, Action Castle is really simple. Spooky Manor is very very hard, and it has multiple endings. The players were actually doing very well, miraculously curing the lycanthrope.
  • miraculously curing the lycanthrope.
    I love that they got that on the first try. That dude was on the ball.
  • I know my preferences vary from lots of other con-going types, but this con kicked Otakon's ass IMO. Especially the panels. Everybody's awesome.