This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

"Excel Saga Minus Excel" - A Project in Progress

edited July 2010 in Art!
After saying how much I liked the "Dragon Half" OAV, I was referred to "Excel Saga". I can't say I like it nearly as much as "Dragon Half". In fact, What I like most about "Excel Saga" is everything but Excel and A.C.R.O.S.S. .

On that note, I've started a project: "Excel Minus Excel", Wherein I edit "Excel Saga" to keep Excel/A.C.R.O.S.S.'s appearances to an absolute minimum, thereby making Pedro, Menchi, Nabeshin, and the three Caballeros the main characters.

Each character set (The three caballeros particularly) has enough material to make at least 7-8 10 minute long episodes, so I'm thinking I'll have their story lines as separate series' and merge them where appropriate. I'm Almost done with episode 1 of "Pedro Saga", and will be making the openers and closers tomorrow.

Expect something soon.

Comments

• So awesome.

The show you want to watch next is...

Elf Princess Rane
  • Two Episodes?
  • edited July 2010
    Two Episodes?
    I'm so cool, I'm so smart. I'm so cool, I'm so smart.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • edited July 2010
    Excel Saga Minus Excel: Pedro Saga

Episode 1:

We meet Pedro at the construction site, upset about his separation from his family. However, fate is a cruel mistress! Watch and see what happens in Pedro Saga, Episode 1!

Production Notes:

Episode 1! Woo! Honestly, this should have been done a while a go, but MAGIX was having an issue with the source material and not exporting it properly. I finally converted the episode into an MP4 and that auto-magically solved everything! So now the production times should be much shorter. There's also the issue with the opener song not matching the subtitles. I'm not sure how THAT happened, but it'll get fixed....

...Eventually.

Anyway, see you next week!
    -Victor
    Kaze Studios

The Excel Saga anime, the source material, is licensed by ADV. If you like Pedro Saga, Maybe you'll like the Full, Un-edited Excel Saga. Go buy a DVD or Netflix it and check it out!
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Two Episodes?
    I'm so cool, I'm so smart. I'm so cool, I'm so smart.
    This anime looks like someone peered into my mind and went, "Yeah, I can make the perfect show for this guy."
  • Pedro Saga
    Man, this is really cool. I'm pretty sure I'm the one who recommended Excel Saga to you, and I'm sorry you didn't like it. But the fact that you made this out of your dislike of a character is so awesome. I'm looking forward to Episode 2.
  • Pedro Saga
    Man, this is really cool. I'm pretty sure I'm the one who recommended Excel Saga to you, and I'm sorry you didn't like it. But the fact that you made this out of your dislike of a character is so awesome. I'm looking forward to Episode 2.
    You can also look forward to "Menchi's Tails", "Amējingu (Amazing) Nabeshin", and "Civil Servant Squad".
  • edited July 2010
    I was chatting with a friend who's a bit more familiar with Bleach about doing something similar to this but it turns out, not only would we need to cut it down, we'd also have to come up with some kind of conclusive ending and, possibly lop off a large chunk of the latter series as it descends into a duel of power levels.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • I was chatting with a friend who's a bit more familiar with Bleach about doing something similar to this but it turns out, not only would we need to cut it down, we'd also have to come up with some kind of conclusive ending, possibly lopping off a large chunk of the latter series as it descends into a duel of power levels.
    End it with footage of a nuke going off and Aizen smiling.
  • edited July 2010
    I just looked through the openings for Bleach out of curiosity. Just in terms of cast size, that thing is a mess. Even compressing it all down, there's no way you could synthesise a plot from it.

Maybe just chopping the first half away from the rest and wrapping it up at an endpoint would work. They bust what's here face outa prison and everyone goes home.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Bleach was cool for the first 13 episodes or so. Then at the beginning of the Soul Society Arc, they introduced too many characters. First they needed 13 captains, then they needed to give them 13 lieutenants, then they introduced more characters, then they started killing them off. ARRRRRGGGGG!!! Then, on top of that, it suffers from Dragonball Z syndrome.