This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

That's what she said

edited July 2010 in Everything Else
Me (eating pizza): I'm so full. I don't think I can stuff any more of this down my throat.
Paul: That's what she said.

Share yours.

Comments

• Me: *
    Pete: That's what she said.
    Or Scott (either one): Your Mom.
  • During a lull in conversation, where nothing is said for quite a while...

Me: that's what she said!
    That's what she said.
  • She is known to say such things.
  • My mom, waiting for our landlord to fix something: Man, I wish he would come and get it over with.
  • My mom, waiting for our landlord to fix something: Man, I wish he would come and get it over with.
    That's what she said?
    That's what she said?
    That is, indeed, what she said.
  • He: Oh, you came early....
    Me: Thats what your Mum said!
  • edited July 2010
    Today, when my co-worker was helping a kid pull one of the lines tighter on his boat.

Co-worker: It's a lot harder with your left hand.
    Me: That's what she said.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • edited July 2010
    Me: There doesn't seem to be anything interesting on the forums lately.

Johnny: That's what she said.

Me: I miss the Cold War. I wish there were some way of starting it back up again.

James: That's what she said.

Me: Last night when I was volunteering at the Shock Trauma OR at UMMC, a nineteen year old kid was brought in post GSW. He shot himself in the head. The surgeons tried to salvage the wreck of his head, but it just wasn't doable because it was a mess. His mother was an RN, and she insisted on being in the OR. She totally lost it, and was wailing and screaming until they actually asked me to help take her away. When I came back, the surgeons were harvesting his organs. He was a donor, and nineteen year old organs are nice and healthy. They harvested everything but his eyes, which were totally fucked like the rest of his head. Also last night, I watched as they tried to clean up a ragged amputation below the knee sustained in an auto accident.

I can't get these images out of my head.

Carole: That's what she said.
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • doable
    Hehehe. Doable. That's what she said.
  • Me: Last night when I was volunteering at the Shock Trauma OR at UMMC, a nineteen year old kid was brought in post GSW. He shot himself in the head. The surgeons tried to salvage the wreck of his head, but it just wasn't doable because it was a mess. His mother was an RN, and she insisted on being in the OR. She totally lost it, and was wailing and screaming until they actually asked me to help take her away. When I came back, the surgeons were harvesting his organs. He was a donor, and nineteen year old organs are nice and healthy. They harvested everything but his eyes, which were totally fucked like the rest of his head. Also last night, I watched as they tried to clean up a ragged amputation below the knee sustained in an auto accident.

Carole: That's what she said.
    Man you really killed the thread for me...
  • edited July 2010
    Last night when I was volunteering at the Shock Trauma OR at UMMC, a nineteen year old kid was brought in post GSW. He shot himself in the head. The surgeons tried to salvage the wreck of his head, but it just wasn't doable because it was a mess. His mother was an RN, and she insisted on being in the OR. She totally lost it, and was wailing and screaming until they actually asked me to help take her away. When I came back, the surgeons were harvesting his organs. He was a donor, and nineteen year old organs are nice and healthy. They harvested everything but his eyes, which were totally fucked like the rest of his head. Also last night, I watched as they tried to clean up a ragged amputation below the knee sustained in an auto accident.

Congratulations

You write like
    Chuck Palahniuk

You Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!

Post edited by GreyHuge on

I write like
    Dan Brown

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • *Pant, pant, pant*

I write like
    J. D. Salinger

Better.

I write like
    Arthur C. Clarke

From a DnD blog post, no less.

I write like
    George Orwell

From an angry letter I wrote the New York State Assembly, Senate, and the Governor.
    edited July 2010
    Me: Last night when I was volunteering at the Shock Trauma OR at UMMC, a nineteen year old kid was brought in post GSW. He shot himself in the head. The surgeons tried to salvage the wreck of his head, but it just wasn't doable because it was a mess. His mother was an RN, and she insisted on being in the OR. She totally lost it, and was wailing and screaming until they actually asked me to help take her away. When I came back, the surgeons were harvesting his organs. He was a donor, and nineteen year old organs are nice and healthy. They harvested everything but his eyes, which were totally fucked like the rest of his head. Also last night, I watched as they tried to clean up a ragged amputation below the knee sustained in an auto accident.

I feel like giving grandpa Joe a hug. :<

I write like
    William Gibson

Oh lord.
    Post edited by ... on
  • edited July 2010
    Eh...

I write like
    H. G. Wells

Post edited by La Petit Mort on
  • I was hoping clicking these names would tell me why the names were chosen, but it's just links to books on amazon.
  • edited July 2010
    So it’s nearly June, nearly the start of summer here in Southern California, but yet there is still that familiar nip in the evening air.

Winter giving it’s last bit of assertion of power, I suppose.

Still, if there’s one thing I’ve learned about SoCal, it’s that you can’t be too complacent about the weather. You just cant take the warm cloudless days for granted. Nor anything else, for that matter.

When every day feels like the last, when you've gotten used to a familiar routine, it’s easy to get jaded. Easy to get too familiar. Not that I’m ragging on familiarity, familiarity is nice, but it’s also a trap. And a dreadful one at that, too. Get too familiar, and you lose your flexibility. You get rigid.

When tough winds break mighty oak trees, there’s a reason the palms still stand. The oaks are rigid, while the palms bend.

So what’s the moral of my little bit of exposition? Be flexible. Bend. And don’t just wait to be bent; do some bending yourself. You don’t have to eat at the some place everyday for lunch. Go down the street and check out that Thai place you always see on the way to work. Be willing to explore the world around you with a new set of eyes. Bending isn’t just physical, its mental too. And it can help you become a newer person.
    I write like
    William Gibson

What I would like is to get a breakdown of why my writing is similar to the author.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Sooo....

Step 1. Go to Project Gutenberg. Lift a section from an author of your choice.
    Step 2. Paste said section into "I Write Like..."
    Step 3. Lol at the results.

Charles Dickens apparently writes like Stephen King. Wtf?
  • Charles Dickens apparently writes like Stephen King. Wtf?
    Sounds about right, actually. Equally trite literature.

Edith Wharton, however, does not write like Edgar Allen Poe, thank you very much Mr. Internet.

I have no idea who this guy is or if he's any good. Not sure if want.
  • edited July 2010
    I submitted all of my more recent blog posts in one go and, hey, guess what?

I write like
    Victor Khaze

Geek, Ladykiller, Man of Awesome.

Go figure, right?
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • I submitted all of my more recent blog posts in one go and, hey, guess what?

I write like
    Victor Khaze

Geek, Ladykiller, Man of Awesome.

I Write Likeby Mémoires,Mac journal software.Analyze your writing!

Go figure, right?
    Stephen king, aye?

I write like
    James Joyce

Hmm...

My High school Trig teacher: Oh, this is gonna be a handful.
    Me: Thats what she said.

Girl I was talking to on Facebook chat: Oh my god, you're amazing!
    Me: Thats what she said.

My Mom: Men are a pain in the ass.
    Me: Thats what he said.