This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What TV Shows Are You Watching?

Comments

• Community is awesome in the same way Arrested Development is awesome.
    Everyone is completely messed up in the head?
  • Community is awesome in the same way Arrested Development is awesome.
    Everyone is completely messed up in the head?
    nah, everyone has there own chicken dance.
  • To quote Scott Johnson, in reference to Rym's tendency to grossly exaggerate stories involving the FRC: "That's not how it happened, but I like your version more."
    I'm stealing this because Karl does the same thing.
  • Community is one of the few shows I watch on TV and I do love it. I also just realized in my previous post I had made a typo to say "Big Band Theory" instead of "Big Bang Theory". I'm more interested in the former.
  • I absolutely love Community and am constantly in fear that it will be canceled at any time.

I'm really looking forward to NBC's The Cape next month.
  • No new Castle till New Year. FFFFFUUUUUUUUU!
  • I absolutely love Community and am constantly in fear that it will be canceled at any time.
    You and me both my friend, you and me both :O
  • I love Community too, but I don't like how people snub it and it doesn't get as much ratings. Big Bang Theory and Glee get nominations and they are far more cliched and not as funny. I am curious though, does anyone else watch Modern Family? Because I'd say it's humor is on the level of Community, just more grounded. Great actors too.

Oh yeah, I'm starting to watch Mad Men too. Got 3 Seasons of it. Two episodes in, really like it.
  • I am curious though, does anyone else watch Modern Family? Because I'd say it's humor is on the level of Community, just more grounded. Great actors too.
    Yeah, Modern Family's great. I still prefer Community, but Modern Family has its place as well.
  • I've been watching Law and Order: SVU seasons 11 & 12. Good god, do they go through ADAs like people go through underwear. I did like Sharon Stone as an ADA; all the others can go DIAF.

I really enjoy the season 12 episode 3 with Jennifer Love-Hewitt. At the end I like, "Oh snap! You just got told/served son!"
  • Spartacus: Blood and Sand is better then expected. As an extra bonus, Lucy Lawless has a pretty good rack.
  • Spartacus: Blood and Sandis better then expected. As an extra bonus, Lucy Lawless has a pretty good rack.
    I couldn't get past the first, maybe second episode. The fight scenes were bad copies of Zack Snyder slow-mo. I was a bit interested in the politics of the characters, but it wasn't enough to keep me interested.
  • Discovered the A&E's Hoarders on Netflix Instant. It's like the ultimate guilty pleasure.
  • Top Gear, QI, and The Big Fat Quiz of the Year are the only shows that make me laugh out loud consistently.
  • Spartacus: Blood and Sandis better then expected. As an extra bonus, Lucy Lawless has a pretty good rack.
    I support these statements wholeheartedly.
  • I support these statements wholeheartedly.
    I'll lend my sword to this statement!
  • edited January 2011
    So, when does Doctor Who(the "new" series) stop being a show about farting aliens and become something actually worth watching? /oh snap
    Post edited by Sail on
  • So, when does Doctor Who(the "new" series) stop being a show about farting aliens and become something actually worth watching?/oh snap
    On episode #12 of the first series. But you can watch episode #9 and #10 and feel awesome :D
  • On episode #12 of the first series.
    Good to know.
  • So, when does Doctor Who(the "new" series) stop being a show about farting aliens and become something actually worth watching?
    Look for the episodes written by Moffet. Warning: "Empty Children" may cause you to lose sleep. You'll never look at gas masks the same way again.

Though, it stays campy and silly. Daleks will abound. They will continue to be villains through 1000 different contrived mechanisms. Learn to love it.
  • But you can also start by watching Series 5 since it is suppose to be a new beginning for the series. :O
  • Yeah, I encourage people to start with the 5th series. It's really some of their best stuff. You can come back to the beginning later, if you want.
  • Warning: "Empty Children" may cause you to lose sleep.
    That one and the ones with the Weeping Angels ("Blink", "The Time of Angels", and "Flesh and Stone") are massively creepy.
  • But you can also start by watching Series 5 since it is suppose to be a new beginning for the series. :O
    To quote my cousin, who is five years older than me and a big Who fan: "If you haven't seen the series ever, Series 1 is a good place to start. If you watched it as a kid, Series 5 is a good place to start."
  • Super enjoying this show now but Rose's mom is so fucking annoying omg.
  • Donna's granddad is my favorite companion relative (favorite side character I can think of off hand too).
  • Smallville. All day erry day.

It's so weird to hear Lex, because I can never think of anything else but this.
  • Watched The Cape. It's okay, but dumb. I'm really watching it though so I can watch Keith David be awesome. Way better than No Ordinary Family.

I may give Episodes and Shameless a watch though, since Showtime, HBO shows are always worth a watch.
  • Donna's granddad is my favorite companion relative (favorite side character I can think of off hand too).
    I like Amy Pond because, ... well she is pretty hot.
  • I like Amy Pond because, ... well she is pretty hot.
    She's a companion/main character, not what I said...but I agree for the above reason.