This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Mega Man Universe

edited July 2010 in Video Games
More proof that Capcom is the one game developer that really knows the score. They are gamers, and they know how to serve the gamer well.

But in an age when you make money with a Farmville, how long will Capcom survive? Mega Man Universe is probably going to be the greatest thing ever for us, but for who else?

Comments

• Turning into other characters seems more like Kirby Universe.
  • Turning into other characters seems more like Kirby Universe.
    Well, Mega Man did it first.
  • edited July 2010
    Simpsons did it first ;-p
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • Mega Man is older than The Simpsons.
  • Mega Man is older than The Simpsons.
    Ummm.. Yea, that's wasn't the point..
  • So, no-one knows anything about what this actually is yet?
    I'm looking forward to it all the same.
  • In simplest terms, if the trailer is at all an indication of gameplay, I want it.
  • More proof that Capcom is the one game developer that really knows the score. They are gamers, and they know how to serve the gamer well.

But in an age when you make money with a Farmville, how long will Capcom survive? Mega Man Universe is probably going to be the greatest thing ever for us, but for who else?
    How are you able to say all this when there is next to no info on what this game is actually going to be like?
  • How are you able to say all this when there is next to no info on what this game is actually going to be like?
    Because of his air he-eh, HOT airhead.
    Ghosts'n Goblins
    Bionic Commando
    Street Fighter
    Final Fight
    Strider
    Mercs
    Street Fighter II
    Mega Man

I think these are a few good reasons why it could be good. Don't you?
  • edited July 2010
    That tells me nothing about the actual gameplay. I watched the teaser and thought it was basically going to be Super Mario Crossover with Mega Man and Capcom characters and was all "Hey, cool." But then I read the article, which said it was going to be an MMO, and then I was like "wut." There is basically no solid information about this game.

At least wait until there are some details before we all start swooning over how awesome this game is going to be.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Yeah, it seems interesting from the teaser video. But I'll reserve any judgement until I see what it's actually like, because I honestly have no idea what this is going to be like.
  • I think the definition of MMO should mean a number of different things and not be exclusive to MMORPGs. Who knows, it could turn out to be an MMOFPS?
  • think the definition of MMO should mean a number of different things and not be exclusive to MMORPGs.
    That's what it means. What rock do you live under? MMORPG's are called MMORPG's because they're MMORPG's and not just MMO's. Which is just a minimally bit more specific than 'games'.
  • think the definition of MMO should mean a number of different things and not be exclusive to MMORPGs.
    That's what it means. What rock do you live under? MMORPG's are called MMORPG's because they're MMORPG's and not just MMO's. Which is just a minimally bit more specific than 'games'.
    It's a very common thing to refer to MMORPGs as simply MMOs, and I think that there was a bit of a lingual shift there.
  • edited July 2010
    But MMORPGs are MMOGs, and not many MMOGs are not MMORPGs.
    What's silly is that the "MMO" abbreviation is used on its own in the first place - Massively Multiplayer Online what?
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Yeah, I don't get why everyone used car to refer to motorcars only.
  • Yes, but "car" and "motorcar" are both nouns.

MMO is an adjective.
  • You guys are so skeptic. I'm skeptic about religion, not games nor words! lol
  • a lingual shift there.
    Akin to software being equated to hardware... and bragged to be superior. Fuck you Apple, Mac is just another OS that runs on a PC.
  • edited September 2010
    Finally, gameplay trailers that show off some of the playable characters.
    Post edited by Diddgery on
  • edited September 2010
    Inafune is so young. Megaman is over 20 years old, I thought he'd be older!

EDIT: Holy shit I am excited.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Holy shit I am excited.
    This. But wasn't this game supposed to be an MMO somehow? I am quite certain that Capcom still has many cards that they are holding.
  • Holy shit I am excited.
    This. But wasn't this game supposed to be an MMO somehow? I am quite certain that Capcom still has many cards that they are holding.
    Nah, Mega Man Online is a different thing entirely.
  • However, on March 31, 2011, Capcom announced the game had been canceled due to "various circumstances.
  • Otherwise known as "Keiji Inafune quit" and the company lost the ability to make Mega Man games. Hopefully Mega Man Legends 3 doesn't suffer from it.
  • I still want that 2.5D Mega Man...