This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

R.U.S.E. Free Multiplayer Weekend On Steam

edited July 2010 in Video Games
How are you guys Liking RUSE? I was a big fan of Company of Heroes and even though this isn't the same, I enjoy the pacing a lot more than SC2 (my APM isn't that high...).

I know Rym and Scott are not big RTS gamers, but I wonder how everybody else feels?

Comments

• Not to derail the conversation too quickly, but someone finally made one of those top down alien shooters with online co-op.
    And the someone in question is Valve.
    And it's free, starting Monday.

Alien Swarm.
  • Not to derail the conversation too quickly, but someone finally made one of those top down alien shooters with online co-op.
    And the someone in question is Valve.
    And it's free, starting Monday.

Alien Swarm.
    Holy shit. It's the game Alien Breed should have been. THE BUYING.
  • edited July 2010
    The best bit is, you don't have to. It's free.

I was wondering when Valve was going to try the play of having games that you get free as long as you install Steam.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • The best bit is, you don't have to. It's free.

I was wondering when Valve was going to try the play of having games that you get free as long as you install Steam.
    HO LEE SHEEEEET
  • Wow, that does look like fun. Will have to take my normal L4D2 group on a bug hunt next week instead :)
  • How did I not know about this :-p
  • Hey, I didn't know about the guild until it was on sale. Sometimes it happens.
  • So, Gauntlet with flamethrowers?

Fuck yes.
  • Just checked and it unlocks in six hours. Too bad it won't let me pre-load it, because for some reason I get the feeling that Steam's authentication servers are going to crap themselves in about six hours and ten minutes...
  • So... Did anyone play the RUSE beta? How was it?
  • Another free game coming soon (In 3 hours.), this time for shmup fans: Razor 2: Hidden Skies.
  • Another free game coming soon (In 3 hours.), this time for shmup fans:Razor 2: Hidden Skies.
    Ah snap. Looks like Raptor: Call of the Shadows, in space.
  • Another free game coming soon (In 3 hours.), this time for shmup fans:Razor 2: Hidden Skies.
    Why all the free games all of the sudden is this Steam saying "thanks for spending so much on our summer sales we are now all billionaires".
  • Naw, its them saying, invite all your friends to play these free multiplayer games with you so we can get all their money on the next sale.

And thus the cycle begins.
  • Naw, its them saying, invite all your friends to play these free multiplayer games with you so we can get all their money on the next sale.

And thus the cycle begins.
    Genius.
  • Raptor: Call of the Shadows
    Awwwwwwww yeeeeeeeeah.
    That game got me through music class. Somebody spread around the 3.5-inch floppy to all the Windows 3.1 computers so we had something to do other than listen to the teacher. Surprisingly, either the pounding of arrow keys never reached her radar, or she simply didn't care. I remember Hexen and TIE Fighter also made the rounds in that class.
  • Fuckin stoked to play this shit today.
  • Fuckin stoked to play this shit today.
    As was I, until the Steam Store shat itself and the purchase/install buttons on the web page for both games are nowhere to be found. So much for getting the pre-load for either of these set up to run while I was on my lunch break. Guess it's time to enact that "patience is a virtue" thing.
  • edited July 2010
    Aww feck. Just refreshed and it went from "Unlocks in aprox. 1 hour" to "Unlocks in aprox. 3 hours.". Looks like I'll be playing this tommorow.

Not to sound like a whinging fanboy but extending it by two hours in the last 20 mins is pretty pants, I would have been better if they'd just have it come out tommorow and tell us a while ago.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • edited July 2010
    ...extending it by two hours in the last 20 mins is pretty pants...
    This is Valve we're talking about here - I'd expect that "approximately three hours" to turn into eight to ten. Valve never seems to get their shit straight when it comes to being able to manage the launch of a freebie. I'm sure there will be some excuse about "unanticipated demand" or some other similar bullshit. And for that matter, Razor 2 is still apparently missing its purchase button as well. Let's hear it for a hosed-up roll-out, eh?
    Post edited by Techparadox on
  • Want a burger with those cries?
    At least try to be funny.
  • Somebody call the whaaaamulance?
    No, but I would like some cheese to go with the whine. A nice gruyere or havarti, if you please, and some water crackers if you have any.
    Better, but repetition isn't the source of comedy.
    That's what she said.
  • That's what she said.
  • Alien Swarm is unlocked, but the servers are busy and stuff.
  • edited July 2010
    I can't stop thinking of this game. I played it co-op with a friend, and also in the arcade.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Looks like the shmup is actually £8. Odd that they didn't put the price on it before-hand.