This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Forum Guild

edited July 2010 in Video Games
From what I have gathered, some of you guys play and/or played Guild Wars at one point in time and some of you would be interested in playing again if it was with cool people. So, I made a Guild called Geeknights Forumites [FRCF] and we are now looking for members. We plan on drawing our members from this forum exclusively, so you know everyone in the guild is going to be awesome. My current character is Riven Moonshine, so if you are interested send me a PM in game and if I'm online I'll add you. Right now it's very small but we're looking to get more people, let us know what you think and what you want to focus on and we can get this thing off the ground.

Comments

• If I wasn't playing like a million games right now, I'd think about playing Guild wars 2 just because of the interesting changes they are doing to traditional MMO system (such as everyone being a healer and death not taking you out of the game). But alas I will have far to many games at that point ;-p
  • As a previous GW player I have several alts in various stages of disarray hanging out there in cyberspace. Most of them I have no attachment to, so I'd be willing to trash one and create a new toon. Any specific classes you're looking for? Which campaign are you playing through?
  • As a previous GW player I have several alts in various stages of disarray hanging out there in cyberspace. Most of them I have no attachment to, so I'd be willing to trash one and create a new toon. Any specific classes you're looking for? Which campaign are you playing through?
    I had to get a new account because my brother lost the email, password, and registry number to our old account. Right now I'm going through Prophecies with my main for the nostalgia factor. Right now we need some of everything so, as long as your character is competent you can bring in anything.
  • I might install it again just for this. It's not a good game, but maybe socializing with decent people would make it fun.
  • I might install it again just for this. It's not agoodgame, but maybe socializing with decent people would make it fun.
    That's the theory.
  • I haven't played any GW since the launch, but I'll probably check out GW2 when it comes out. So far every new thing they release about it interests me more.
  • edited July 2010
    Do you have a teamspeak or vent server set up for use or are you considering one? Back when I used to roll with the 2Old2Play guild we had one set up and it made playing so much easier.
    Post edited by Techparadox on
  • I am in the process of bringing up a teamspeak 3 server.
  • I might join, I might not. Depends if I can get a connection that doesn't absolutely eat shit.
  • Nuked one of my old low-lvl toons tonight and started up a new Necro. It blew me away how much I had totally forgotten about this game. Maybe I'll take a step back and try a Monk instead.
  • Nuked one of my old low-lvl toons tonight and started up a new Necro. It blew me away how much I had totally forgotten about this game. Maybe I'll take a step back and try a Monk instead.
    Yeah it can be a little overwhelming coming back after so long. If you are still online, drop me a whisper and I'll add you to the guild.
  • Reinstalled GW last night. I'm pretty burned out on playing the prophecy and faction campaign. I don't mind playing Nightfall or the Eyes of the North. I like to do Alliance battles. I can do GvG but I'm totally ignorant of the builds and styles of play for GvG. But I don't mind playing PvP if that becomes what the guild would like to do. I have one warrior that has done the Prophecy campaign and some of the Faction one. I just started a Ranger in the Nightfall campaign. And I have everything unlocked for any PvP stuff. Send me an invite to Loki Kazen or Josh Bytes.
  • @ Techparadox, Jason, Churba: If any of you intend to join the guild, I will need your character names.

@JoshBytes: You sound like a cool dude that kills Titans and doesn't afraid of nothing. Welcome to the guild.
  • @ Techparadox, Jason, Churba: If any of you intend to join the guild, I will need your character names.
    I'm Churba, everywhere I go on the net - I'm also oddly unique in this, since the few other people using churba are generally using it as their real name, such as Trosman Churba, the fashion designer.
  • Baran The Fair - my old warrior main
    Daren Ashenfate - newbie Prophecies Necro
    Ravenna Quickstrike - Prophecies Ranger alt

I'm totally spacing on the names of the other alts, but those are the main three that I'd be playing
  • Baran The Fair - my old warrior main
    Daren Ashenfate - newbie Prophecies Necro
    Ravenna Quickstrike - Prophecies Ranger alt

I'm totally spacing on the names of the other alts, but those are the main three that I'd be playing
    Guild Wars will not allow you to be in multiple Guilds, so it's time to make a choice.
  • With so much other gaming going on, I'm probably going to pass on this. My apologies.
  • With so much other gaming going on, I'm probably going to pass on this. My apologies.
    It's cool.
  • edited July 2010
    Shoot - am I still registered to the old guild? I'll fix that tonight

EDIT: Fixed, done and done. I totally spaced on the fact that every toon on your account is locked into the same guild.
    Post edited by Techparadox on