This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

The Book Club problem.

2»

Comments

• I live in New Zealand and have never been to a big convention, and probably never will. I LOVE hearing about them.
    You should go to one at least once if you can, they are a lot of fun.
  • Just wanted to say that I, for one, really appreciate and enjoy the book club episodes. I listen to them in their entirety whether I have read the book or not, but I am one of those strange people who isn't bothered by spoilers. They are also helpful for me professionally, since (I know this is going to shock everyone) librarians don't actually have time to read every book on the shelves. *GASP* Because of your reviews I feel confident including these books in my reader services recommendations despite not having read all of them. So, kudos guys, I may not agree with you on everything but I enjoy the heck out of these episodes.

And if you are looking for a book recommendation, I have bought more copies of Barry Hughart's Bridge of Birds for people than anything else. Though the story isn't overly complex, Hughart is an engaging, smart and funny storyteller whose talent for the written word excels most contemporary authors. Also, Master Li? Right up your ally.
  • I live in New Zealand and have never been to a big convention, and probably never will. I LOVE hearing about them.
    Aw no Bro! I suppose you could come over for Supernova or Gen-Con, but that's really the biggest we have around here, to the best of my knowlege.