This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Tattoos

2»

Comments

• The thing is, even if you don't do the actual drawing, designing is also art. Having a lack of art skills, I would come up with a much shittier design than a quality artist.

If I were to get a tattoo, I would probably go find a great comic artist at a con, get them to draw it on me, then have a tattoo artist do it for reals.
  • The thing is, even if you don't do the actual drawing, designing is also art. Having a lack of art skills, I would come up with a much shittier design than a quality artist.

If I were to get a tattoo, I would probably go find a great comic artist at a con, get them to draw it on me, then have a tattoo artist do it for reals.
    Fuck your Pirate book, just get each artist to design a new pirate tattoo for you to tattoo on your body.

Tattoo artists have skills on how to make a drawing look good when it's done on a person. Taking in consideration skin pigmentation for colors, placing on the body for best shape and other things related to that. A comic book artist would be no good at it. That's why you take the drawing on a peace of paper to the tattoo artist, and he makes the necessary changes to that drawing so it looks good when it's placed on somebody's body.
  • edited July 2010
    Tattoo artists have skills on how to make a drawing look good when it's done on a person. Taking in consideration skin pigmentation for colors, placing on the body for best shape and other things related to that. A comic book artist would be no good at it. That's why you take the drawing on a peace of paper to the tattoo artist, and he makes the necessary changes to that drawing so it looks good when it's placed on somebody's body.
    Interesting.

Now I'm thinking about doing a Crying Freeman cosplay. I can get the baddass full-back crazy Yakuza tattoo I always wanted, but temporarily.

Sadly, I can't do this as waxing of much hair will be a requirement. Crying Freeman only has hair on his head.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Tattoo artists have skills on how to make a drawing look good when it's done on a person. Taking in consideration skin pigmentation for colors, placing on the body for best shape and other things related to that. A comic book artist would be no good at it. That's why you take the drawing on a peace of paper to the tattoo artist, and he makes the necessary changes to that drawing so it looks good when it's placed on somebody's body.
    Interesting.

Now I'm thinking about doing a Crying Freeman cosplay. I can get the baddass full-back crazy Yakuza tattoo I always wanted, but temporarily.

Sadly, I can't do this as waxing of much hair will be a requirement. Crying Freeman only has hair on his head.
    Solution, shave thy hair. Take some steroids.
  • What about Nair? Doesn't that stuff work?
    Yes, but it also smells terrible and may give you chemical burns. I'd avoid it.
  • Yes, but it also smells terrible and may give you chemical burns. I'd avoid it.
    Protip - Don't use it on your face, it is easier than shaving, but really, really, really not worth it.

Superprotip - Or your genitals.
  • edited July 2010
    Well, get waxed and not only get the Crying Freeman hairless body, but also the crying part. You can probably get that as well with the cream on the genitals Churba advised against.
    Post edited by MrRoboto on
    Yes, but it also smells terrible and may give you chemical burns. I'd avoid it.
    They actually make Nair-type stuff for guys that doesn't smell super-chemical. If you've got a pelt on your chest and back I'd advise taking a hair trimmer to it first before hitting it with the hair remover. Yes, I know this from experience. No, it was just a one-time thing. No, I'm not going to go into it here.
  • edited July 2010
    Well, get waxed and not only get the Crying Freeman hairless body, but also the crying part. You can probably get that as well with the cream on the genitals Churba advised against.
    If by advised against, you mean "If you think about it, Churba will leap out of your shower and beat you to death with an axe handle leading your last through to be what is churba doing in my shower with an axe handle the answer to which you don't want to know."

Also, Waxing - Not that bad, in my opinion, I'd do it again, and the back, also not so bad. The chest isn't too terrible. But god help me, come anywhere near me with the words "Back sack and crack wax" while holding a tub of hair-removal wax, and I'll open you up with my straight razor like sweeny fucking todd. Jesus christ.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • If by advised against, you mean "If you think about it, Churba will leap out of your shower and beat you to death with an axe handle leading your last through to be what is churba doing in my shower with an axe handle the answer to which you don't want to know."
    It's obvious, REAL men use axe handles, not lufas.
  • Real men burn their chest hair off working blast furnaces.
  • I would likely never get a tattoo because the places I would consider getting them would be highly visible and encumber some work possibilities. Also, Adam isn't into tattoos on ladies and my Mom says, "I worked so hard to make that skin and keep it as unmarred as is possible," so I would feel a bit of guilt marking it up.
  • edited July 2010
    If I ever got a tattoo it would have to be the classic tattoo of a butt on my butt and the tattoo itself has a tattoo of a butt on it's butt.
    Post edited by Josh Bytes on
  • encumber some work possibilities.
    See, I like the fact that as a doctor, I will not run into this problem.
  • If I ever got a tattoo it would have to be the classic tattoo of a butt on my butt and the tattoo itself has a tattoo of a butt on it's butt.
    How very Beavis and Butt-head.
  • If I ever got a tattoo it would have to be the classic tattoo of a butt on my butt and the tattoo itself has a tattoo of a butt on it's butt.
    I have a tattoo of a butt on my butt, but it's 1:1 so you can't tell.
  • edited July 2010
    Post edited by La Petit Mort on
  • So, since I decided to become a research scientist, I realized no one important will ever give a fuck what I look like because only my brain matters.

After The Hobbit's midnight release, I'm going to get the Ring Verse tattooed around my wrist in an area that I can hide with a watchband.
  • There was a guy at AX this year with full-body FMA transmutation circle tattoos. I forget which character it is that has them.
  • Wikipedia:

"From a fan, Tolkien received a goblet with the Ring inscription on it in Black Speech. Because the Black Speech in general is an accursed language, and the Ring inscription in particular is a vile spell, Tolkien never drank out of it, and used it only as an ashtray."

Considering whether or not this makes a Ring Verse tattoo any less cool.
    There was a guy at AX this year with full-body FMA transmutation circle tattoos. I forget which character it is that has them.
    It's Scar. That's actually pretty awesome. Did you take a picture? Were they actual tattoos?
  • I want the words "Nullius in Verba" inked somewhere on my body.
  • I want the words "Nullius in Verba" inked somewhere on my body.
    I think it'd be cool to have "Nullius in Verba" and "Natura non facit saltus" as intertwined parts of a double-helix somewhere on my person.
  • Actually I just looked at my pictures and it's just the full arm. Is that still Scar? I'll post it later.
  • That's really cool and all, but I don't think FMA will mean that much to anyone in two decades. Kinda silly in the long-run. Is he going to make his kids watch FMA in a few decades so they understand his tattoo?
  • If you get a tattoo with the convenience and understanding other people in mind, you're doing it wrong.
  • edited September 2012
    Everyone I've ever met with multiple tattoos will tell you that the point isn't that you never grow out of it, because it's really hard to choose something that will relevant to you forever. The point is that it represents a specific point in your life where that particular thing was important to you and all the memories that come with it. To you it may seem silly but, given all the planning that goes into a tattoo that large, it is obvious that FMA represents something bigger for him.

And yeah, like Walker said, tattoos are a personal thing. It should be self-satisfying.
    Post edited by Sail on