This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Apple Magic Trackpad

edited July 2010 in Technology
I have a Macbook at work, which I hate, but the trackpad is the only part of it that I really like. Still, $70 is a lot of money for this. If it worked on PC, with the multi-touch gestures, I would buy it.

Comments

• You mean to say you started a thread to say that you're kinda indifferent to buying something? There's the Wacom Pen and Touch which I've been eying but can't really justify as my Bamboo is still plenty.
  • Looking at Wacom they have a touch pad that's $20 cheaper, has multi-touch, works on PC and Mac, and has some programmable buttons. Seems like it would be the better option.
  • According to this article on cnet:
    Update, 9:08 a.m. PDT: We asked Apple whether the Magic Trackpad works with a PC. Without getting into specifics, Apple says there's limited support for running the new peripheral under Boot Camp, and compared it to the Magic Mouse. Guess that means it has basic functionality.
    My guess is that it means there's are drivers for it (perhaps released separate later on?), and probably will have more support later on. But the gestures is something apple will keep for themselves.
  • My guess is that it means there's are drivers for it (perhaps released separate later on?), and probably will have more support later on. But the gestures is something apple will keep for themselves.
    I'll wait for a more definitive word before shelling out $70. For that money, I can almost buy the mouse Rym has. Maybe I will.
  • Looking at Wacom they have a touch pad that's $20 cheaper, has multi-touch, works on PC and Mac, and has some programmable buttons. Seems like it would be the better option.
    What he said. The $70 pad doesn't seem to stack up to Wacom products.