This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Geek Nights Project Wonderful ads

1235»

Comments

• Ikatono said:

people disable their adblock

Not a charity. If Rym and Scott want to put mega ads on the forum, that's fine. If they want to come up with some novel way to fund the forum, that's fine. But you can pry my adblock from my cold, dead, advertisement-free hands.
  • Meh, I disable it on all the pages that provide content I regularly consume.
  • Starfox said:

Ikatono said:

people disable their adblock

Not a charity. If Rym and Scott want to put mega ads on the forum, that's fine. If they want to come up with some novel way to fund the forum, that's fine. But you can pry my adblock from my cold, dead, advertisement-free hands.
    Your disabling adblock doesn't directly affect their profits. You would increase page views and potentially click throughs (doubtful) which could make people value it higher, but given that the only paid ad is currently at $.03/day, I don't think that would matter. My point is that the ad spot is another spot on the forum where people can put cool things, and I think it would be cool if people put cool things there.
  • If most regular members use adblock who are the people clicking on the ads?
  • HMTKSteve said:

If most regular members use adblock who are the people clicking on the ads?

Vince McMann.
  • I was just looking at the traffic information for the PW ads and well... Does adblock block the page view counts of an ad or does it count as a viewing even though the person using adblock never sees it?

I ask because I find it hard to believe that this forum has less than 1,000 page views a day.
  • HMTKSteve said:

I was just looking at the traffic information for the PW ads and well... Does adblock block the page view counts of an ad or does it count as a viewing even though the person using adblock never sees it?

I ask because I find it hard to believe that this forum has less than 1,000 page views a day.

AdBlock doesn't even load the ad. There used to be shitty adblockers that would load ads, but prevent them from displaying. I don't think crappy ones like that still exist.
  • lol what

• I think it's a subtle attempt at humbling people by stating that you are truly insignificant in the eyes of the universe.
  • Astrology is banned.
  • The US Project Wonderful ad will be kitties for the foreseeable future.