This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

MAGFEST IX 2011

Comments

• Philly counts too. There's a whole city over there.
    Of poop.
    Philthadelphia for a reason
  • RymRym
    edited August 2010
    The Northeast Megalopolis says that there are more nerds within easy travel of New York than anywhere else we could possibly have the convention.
    As of 2000, the region supported 49.6 million people, about 17% of the U.S. population on less than 2% of the nation’s land area, with a population density of 931.3 people per square mile (359.6 people/km2)... America 2050 projections expect the area to grow to 58.1 million people by 2025.
    Seattle has a population of 617,334. The entire state of California had a 2000 population of around 34,000,000. The points of population density are far from one another on the west coast, and the density is much lower.

JFK also has extremely good direct access to every city on the coast, while also being at the center of the population center itself. From a perspective of most access to most people, East Coast is Best Coast.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • First of all, Baltimore sucks. Second of all, New York and Boston, that's pretty much the whole East coast right there. Everything else is actually the South, not the East.
    I didn't say I like Baltimore because it's a awesome place. Also here in the middle we call Maine to Florida is called the east.

Not saying my regional designations are correct. Making it clear what square states call places.
  • AHEM.
    You don't matter!

It makes sense to be in the NYC.
  • Yep, no geek cons in Vegas.
    I love Defcon so bad. First one after I hit the states, I'm right there - Vegas isn't that long of a drive from LA, after all, if Hunter can do it, so can I.
  • if Hunter can do it, so can I.
    I'm not sure if those are words to live by or words to die by.
  • I'm not sure if those are words to live by or words to die by.
    It's going to be a hell of a lot of fun either way.
  • It's going to be a hell of a lot of fun either way.
    Ain't that the truth. Many things can be said about HST's life. That it was boring is not one of those things.
  • MAGfest just had a musical guest update here. I am pumped to talk to Hiroki Kikuta but checking out the VGcats people would be awesome as well.
  • Since a few people asked me might as well give you guys the jump: several people from TGWTG will be attending MAGfest, the rough count right now is around 24 people. I don't have the final lists but both Spoony and Linkara have confirmed they were attending recently so if you want to meet them in person this could be your chance.
  • Since a few people asked me might as well give you guys the jump: several people fromTGWTGwill be attending MAGfest, the rough count right now is around 24 people. I don't have the final lists but both Spoony and Linkara have confirmed they were attending recently so if you want to meet them in person this could be your chance.
    Linkara alone would be real awesome. I'm going!
  • My friend suggested me to visit your thread. Very well explained. I would like to say that it is very interesting to read your thread.

Custom essay
  • It appears there are going to be 12+ bands performing at the event, announcement here.
  • Unofficial promo video go!

• My classes start on January 10th. Boooo. :(
  • I might be able to go. I would need to roomshare, though.
  • My classes start on January 10th. Boooo. :(
    :(

On the upside, that's one less pass to buy. But still, boooooooooo.
  • Booo as well. Nuri, don't miss new years.
  • Booo as well. Nuri, don't miss new years.
    We are doing City this year, right? Or something? I won't be in school, so Pete and I should be in attendance. :)
  • One month to go for this convention anyone else going? Should we plan a FRC meet up sometime?
  • I'm going for 2 out of the 4 days. Why? Fucking wedding!
  • Fucking wedding!
    Sounds like a wedding I'd want to go to.
  • One month to go for this convention anyone else going? Should we plan a FRC meet up sometime?
    We can plan a specific time and location once the con book is out BUT I'm pretty sure everyone in the FRC will enter the Magical Drop tournament!!! :D

Question: Is there non-hotel priced foodstuffs within walking distance of the hotel?
  • BUT I'm pretty sure everyone in the FRC will enter the Magical Drop tournament!!! :D
    But WHICH VERSION?
  • I'm pretty sure everyone in the FRC will enter the Magical Drop tournament!!! :D
    There is a Magical drop tournament?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? damn it I don't have the money to go to this...
  • Question: Is there non-hotel priced foodstuffs within walking distance of the hotel?
    Depends what you consider walking distance.
  • Is there also a Battle Balls tournament?
  • MAGFest Tournament list
    Meet me in the challenge booth.
  • No Forza or Gran Turismo? Laaaaaaame.