This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

WHO WOULD WIN: BENE GESSERIT OR DUYANI?

edited August 2010 in Everything Else
Kwisatz Haderach sees back into history and hereditary, matching the Dunyain, then also sees all possible futures and directs is-EPIC WIN
The Dunyain came before and declared victory.

GO!

I've been cheated by an Admin^^^. Also this has spoilers, if you really care.

Comments

• Dunyain. They came before.
  • Dunyain. They came before.
    However the Bene Gesserit would have picked the Dunyain to win on the second turn and would have won instead... OWNED.
  • Bene Gesserit, motherfucker. The end result of their work is a genetically engineered WORM GOD who can move unspeakably fast, has a hydraulic empire and an army of female assasins, and controls the entirety of creation with a product only he produces. Also, he can move superfast, control people with his voice, and see the fucking future.
  • However the Bene Gesserit would have picked the Dunyain to win on the second turn and would have won instead... OWNED.
    Dunyain came before, thus causing the Bene Gesserit to choose Dunyain in round two, delaying their own victory until round three.
  • However the Bene Gesserit would have picked the Dunyain to win on the second turn and would have won instead... OWNED.
    Dunyain came before, thus causing the Bene Gesserit to choose Dunyain in round two, delaying their own victory until round three.
    Worm God.
  • Bene Gesserit, motherfucker. The end result of their work is a genetically engineered WORM GOD who can move unspeakably fast, has a hydraulic empire and an army of female assasins, and controls the entirety of creation with a product only he produces. Also, he can move superfast, control people with his voice, andsee the fucking future.
    Dunyain came before, and caused all of that to come to pass as the shortest path to their own victory.
  • But the Bene Gesserit study the result. Sure the Dunyani may know the cause, but the sisters know the effect.

By extension we could put the Kwisatz Haderach vs Anasurimbor Kelhus (two mouthfuls of names) versus each other as well. Might be a bit lopsided though, because Kelhus has magic
    Worm God.
    IS ASSASSINATED. NOT SO GREAT NOW, HUH?
  • Bene Gesserit, motherfucker. The end result of their work is a genetically engineered WORM GOD who can move unspeakably fast, has a hydraulic empire and an army of female assasins, and controls the entirety of creation with a product only he produces. Also, he can move superfast, control people with his voice, andsee the fucking future.
    Dunyain came before, and caused all of that to come to pass as the shortest path to their own victory.
    The God Emperor triggered the Scattering to free Humanity from the shackles of both organizations, and in doing so assured Bene Gesserit victory.

/thread.
  • Whoever has the most spice.
  • Whoever has the most spice.
    Worm God.

Also, Worm God halts spice shipments to Ix. Ixians develop reality-warping technology that trump all Dunyain abilities. They can do it, they built the No Ships.
  • Holy shit, you guys are fucking nerds.

Also, worm god.
  • edited August 2010
    Hey, They Whale Shack, this is my name because its my best idea EVER.

Also the Anasurimbor's magic can't overpower the Worm-Emperor?
    Post edited by Magnum_Opus on
  • because Kelhus has magic
    Hm. Kelhus did learn how to teleport. That could give him an edge.

Oh, minor spoiler. Kelhus learns how to teleport. He remains an asshole.
  • edited August 2010
    And a douche-bag. Achamian is the only awesome one.

Bullshit on the Dunyani coming before. They study the cause but they are not the cause.
  • And a douche-bag. Achamian is the only awesome one.
    SPOILERS. I don't think Kelhus means harm to the world. He clearly repudiated his father's dark desires.
  • The real question is whether Paul or Kelhus would win or both just bow to the awesome that is Duncan Idaho.
  • edited August 2010
    It's clearly awesome that the Prince of Sakarpus calls him a Ciphrang and hates him. And that Zeum tries to resist. And that Achamian is still damned, like the Anasurimbor.

Duncan is clearly the best swordsman of the 3.
  • They study the cause but they are not the cause.
    Yeah, but the ultimate extent of their training is to become the cause.
  • FUCK I REFRESHED AND GOT SPOILED.

Anyway, Bene Gesserit breeding program, Spice usage, and Ixian devices, all in an effort to defeat the Dunyain, create a transtemporal spacetime nexus, through which the Navigators cannot see or travel. This Nexus imbues the Dunyain with magic (actually Spice-induced abilities altered by Ix tech, which follow Clarke's third law).

Turns out the Dunyain actually are Bene Gesserit, but the two groups have used various abilities and prescience to change reality so much that neither would ever know.

Except for the Worm God, who planned it.
  • edited August 2010
    Impossible--re: the whale shacks comments, but almost works for yours, Wind-up, were it not for the Fremen being just that.
  • Impossible
    When Brian Herbert and Kevin J Anderson are turning out their shit piles, NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE.
  • I heard House Atreides (the book) was good.
  • I heard House Atreides (the book) was good.
    The Houses were okay. The Prequels sucked ass, and the sequels were a huge cop-out.
  • I thought the sequels were not bad considering HOW terrible Frank Herberts last book was. It sorta made up for that crap.
  • Duncan is clearly the best swordsman of the 3.
    Swazond standard.
  • edited August 2010
    Could those medieval sword techniques defeat 19 Saradakuar and warrant multitudes of Gholas in honor of your badassity?

I got confused, I thought Swazond was from Earwa, School of Ginaz is still DA BEST, just like metaknight.
  • Could those medieval sword techniques defeat 19 Saradakuar and warrant multitudes of Gholas in honor of your badassity?
    Prana Bindu weirding + Crysknives. Can't lose.
    SPOILERS. I don't think Kelhus means harm to the world. He clearly repudiated his father's dark desires.
    But there's a question you've got to ask yourself: Is it acceptable to manufacture and profess lies even if it will better society?
    But there's a question you've got to ask yourself: Is it acceptable to manufacture and profess lies even if it will better society?
    That seriously depends. I mean, this malevolent fucker probably thought his lies were going to make a better society.