This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Video Game Offers

1142143144145146148»

Comments

• I loved hockey. It's even better once they refined it. You are cray cray.
  • Yeah I thought hockey was pretty interesting.
  • Banner Saga 2 is out and on Steam at a 10% discount.
  • Gonna finally try RocketCarSoccer while it's free. Might buy it if it's good.
  • "Might buy it if it's good" he says.
  • Steam Sale time. Fallout 4, not sale enough yet.
  • It's interesting how Steam sales have evened out so much. A lot of the games that I have on my wishlist don't go down in price that much anymore. And a lot of the sales are the same ones that they periodically bring the game down to throughout the year. It's not really the tentpole event that it used to be.
  • Though looks like Darkest Dungeon is on sale, I really REALLY enjoyed that game, it's worth 15 bucks.
  • Two AAA games I was waiting to get cheap are on sale on Steam. Fallout 4 and Doom are both $30 right now. That might be cheap enough to get me to play doom, but Fallout 4 needs to be cheaper and get some more DLC in a GotY edition.
  • Apreche said:

Two AAA games I was waiting to get cheap are on sale on Steam. Fallout 4 and Doom are both $30 right now. That might be cheap enough to get me to play doom, but Fallout 4 needs to be cheaper and get some more DLC in a GotY edition.

Doom is worth, but agreed on FO4, wait for the GOTY.
  • How many games do you think had a GOTY Edition that were never Game of the Year?
  • Churba said:

Apreche said:

Two AAA games I was waiting to get cheap are on sale on Steam. Fallout 4 and Doom are both $30 right now. That might be cheap enough to get me to play doom, but Fallout 4 needs to be cheaper and get some more DLC in a GotY edition.

Doom is worth, but agreed on FO4, wait for the GOTY.
    The thing about those Bethesda games for me is that the GOTY All DLC package is just way too much game. By the 80 hour mark in the base game I start to lose steam on playing more. Putting even more game past that means I'll just never play it most likely.
  • edited October 2016

How many games do you think had a GOTY Edition that were never Game of the Year?

First game that fits my definition of video game 1958's Tennis for Two

# of games since 1958 w/ GOTY Edition - Years since 1958 (58) = The answer to your question, roughly.
    Post edited by Naoza on
  • edited October 2016
    Is Doom actually worth getting?
    I've had mixed reports with most people not having bought it.
    Post edited by sK0pe on
  • I've heard almost unanimous praise for it. So we must be going to different internets.
  • I played the multiplayer during alpha/beta, and it was meh. Heard good things about single player. Will stream tomorrow.
  • sK0pe said:

Is Doom actually worth getting?
    I've had mixed reports with most people not having bought it.

Singleplayer and snapmaps stuff has been getting mad praise, but the multiplayer is reportedly pretty blah.
  • I actually forgot it had multiplayer
  • You do not play new Doom for multiplayer, just consider it a single player game and ignore all notions of multiplayer.
  • MATATAT said:

I actually forgot it had multiplayer

Having only played the beta, which was multiplayer only, I didn't realize it had single player for quite awhile.
  • Not exactly an "offer" per se, but Overwatch is currently doing a free weekend so you can try before you buy if you had reservations or were unsure whether the game would run on your computer. I also heard that several american retailers have marked down the price for it recently.
  • edited November 2016
    Humble has another staff picks bundle, and this one is pretty good.

$1 or more:

Volume is an interesting little top-down stealth game from the creator of Thomas Was Alone, and featuring Andy Serkis of Gollum fame.

TS-100 is that programming puzzle game everyone was raving about.

Legend of Grimrock 2 is basically Legend of Grimrock 1, but with extra polish. It's a pretty interesting concept, first person turn-based rougelike, but I tired of the first one quickly.

BTA:

Infinifactory - Basically what happens when you get Spacechem and smoosh it together with infiniminer, in 3d. Good puzzle game!

Dungeon 3 - I don't know anything about this.

The Secret World - Holy fuck, is this game good. Basically - you're a magic agent of one of three secret organization - The corporate conspiracy Illuminati, the holy warrior Templars, or the chaos-worshiping Dragons - in an ongoing clandestine war both against the supernatural, each other, a handful of other factions(the council of venice, the phonecians, cultists), and the mysterious "Filth", a supernatural infestation that is attacking the World Tree in the Agartha. Basically, everything urban legend you ever heard is true, and you can punch it in the face. Traditional MMO mechanics in some regards, but it spends a lot of time flipping it on it's head. No levels, only gear, and all abilities are open to everyone. Buy once, play forever, but there's a bunch of expansions that are regularly on sale, and tend to be wicked good value. If you like storytelling and/or game design, you owe it to yourself to play this game, and at (right now) three bucks and change, you'd have to be nuts not to take that deal.

$14:

Grim Dawn: No idea about this one either, but it looks a cross between Baldur's gate and Diablo.

Seriously, this bundle is a steal even at the top tier, even just for Secret World alone. DO IT.
    Post edited by Churba on