This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Video Game Offers

Comments

• Yeah, there definitely needs to be a building time during which you can't capture. My thought was that after that time runs out, you can no longer remove or place any blocks. Now, to prevent simply blocking off the flag, you make that the spawn point for each team. If your flag is blocked off, you can't capture the enemy flag either, since you'll be stuck in your spawn.
    I think a better idea is to create a big cube around the flag where blocks can not be placed. Then create a path from one flag to the other where no blocks can be placed.
  • Probably some rule against encasing the flag in obsidian would be needed but, all in all, I don't think just sticking the standard CTF rules into Minecraft is really doing it justice.

Having it revolve around scarcity of resources would fit better, if they fit in some kind of energy you get when you eat but loose as you dig to make raiding other people's fortresses a better idea than making your own.
  • With regards to resources, I think you would just start with none at all, and have to gather the necessary resources as quickly as possible.
    I think a better idea is to create a big cube around the flag where blocks can not be placed. Then create a path from one flag to the other where no blocks can be placed.
    Why build anything at all if there's a path where no blocks can be placed?
  • Screw flags, it should go for straight up dungeon heart.
  • I finally got around to buying Bioshock. I figured $4.99 was the right price.
  • It just occured to me that once games get onto Steam, they're probably never going to be de-listed and their prices will probably keep going down untill there are vast sections of old $1 games that are still worth playing. This train only goes one way..
  • Okay, I've been playing WORMS for the past couple of days... Still Awesome! It's just like worms Armageddon, except online play works! Everyone should buy a copy and we can all play together!
  • Okay, I've been playing WORMS for the past couple of days... Still Awesome! It's just like worms Armageddon, except online play works! Everyone should buy a copy and we can all play together!
    I have been thinking to get that one because I have couple of friends at university who play that. I just would have to get over the fact that it can and will never replace Worms 2 in my heart.
  • Grand Theft Auto 1, 2, 3, Vice City, and San Andreas are on sale for $7.50 (total).
  • Anyone got any predictions for the Christmas sale? It's usually big titles from the past year (I remember getting Bioshock and Mirror's Edge.).

I'm thinking Bioshock 2, Borderlands GOTY..
  • Anyone got any predictions for the Christmas sale?
    Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY was on sale a few weeks ago for $10 (regularly $40). It's the most fun I've had with a single player game in a very long time. You can probably expect it to go on sale again after Christmas.
  • I can't think of any games that I really need that I don't already have, although I'm sure Steam will find some :P
  • Grand Theft Auto 1, 2, 3, Vice City, and San Andreas are on sale for $7.50 (total).
    I want to see this again.
  • Oddly, you cannot buy GTA 1 and 2 seperately.
  • Oddly, you cannot buy GTA 1 and 2 seperately.
    They're legally free available from Rockstar.
  • edited November 2010
    Anyone got any predictions for the Christmas sale? It's usually big titles from the past year (I remember getting Bioshock and Mirror's Edge.).
    I'd expect Civ V to get a cut. Probably the GTA IV pack, which I might buy. They'll likely slash almost, if not every, indie game, which I always love. The Activision titles definitely won't get a cut.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Anyone got any predictions for the Christmas sale? It's usually big titles from the past year (I remember getting Bioshock and Mirror's Edge.).

I'm thinking Bioshock 2, Borderlands GOTY..
    I'm hoping Fallout: New Vegas gets a discount. That's the game I really want.
  • I'm just waiting for Black Friday to hit. I'm expecting that things will go bat-shit insane pricing-wise and my wallet will weep openly.
  • I'm hoping Fallout: New Vegas gets a discount. That's the game I really want.
    It won't be more than $10 off, not for a game that just came out a few weeks ago.
  • It won't be more than $10 off, not for a game that just came out a few weeks ago.
    I am also waiting for the game of the year edition for that game or whatever.. because I'm tired of having half the game released in DLC that I don't get and have to pay more because I bought it day one, when if I weight a year to a half a year I would get it cheaper and with all the add ons.
  • It won't be more than $10 off, not for a game that just came out a few weeks ago.
    I am also waiting for the game of the year edition for that game or whatever.. because I'm tired of having half the game released in DLC that I don't get and have to pay more because I bought it day one, when if I weight a year to a half a year I would get it cheaper and with all the add ons.
    I should probably do this, even though I want New Vegas soooooooooo badly.

I should probably just make Civ V my large game purchase of this season, wait on the NV GOTY, and skip Black Ops. Then, I can use the money saved to take advantage of the sales.
  • edited November 2010
    I'd like Alpha Protocol to go on sale. Idle Thumbs and Zero Punctuation made it sound really interesting.
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • edited November 2010
    I'm hoping Fallout: New Vegas gets a discount. That's the game I really want.
    It won't be more than $10 off, not for a game that just came out a few weeks ago.
    That's fine for me. Actually either this or the DLC for Fallout 3 since I don't have the game of the year edition.
    Post edited by Robyn Chaos on
  • I tried enjoying Bioshock after picking it up for almost nothing last week. Other than the opening cinematic, I just can't give a shit about dark, twisted corridors that all look alike. Once in a while there's a neat underwater-y view, but two hours in I am ready to scrap it.
  • Borderlands would be a good thing to have discounted. Same with Just Cause 2.
  • edited November 2010
    Not sure if there is a thread for non-Steam offers & deals, but it's worth mentioning that this is the last week to buy Super Meat Boy at $10 before it goes up to $15. I'm behind on my podcasts but heard Scrym mention the game on a past episode I listened to this morning. I grabbed it at launch and it's still not boring, so definitely consider giving it a shot if you haven't. There are also Wii and PC versions coming out but I don't know when they plan on releasing those.

Edit: In a Q&A on their website, the dev team says they hope to launch Super Meat Boy on Steam by the end of November. This was posted on the 10th.

Also, an iPhone app got released today that is a Tiger handheld themed version of Meat Boy. No real desire to play one of those types of games but it's 99 cents and probably worth it for a quick laugh.
    Post edited by Matt on
  • edited November 2010
    Not sure if there is a thread for non-Steam offers & deals, but it's worth mentioning that this is the last week to buy Super Meat Boy at $10 before it goes up to $15. I'm behind on my podcasts but heard Scrym mention the game on a past episode I listened to this morning. I grabbed it at launch and it's still not boring, so definitely consider giving it a shot if you haven't. There are also Wii and PC versions coming out but I don't know when they plan on releasing those.

Also, an iPhone app got released today that is a Tiger handheld themed version of Meat Boy. No real desire to play one of those types of games but it's 99 cents and probably worth it for a quick laugh.
    The PC version is coming out at the end of this month. The Wii version is delayed until further notice. The additional characters that are being added to the PC version has me really pumped for it.

Josef
    Captain Viridian
    Mr. Minecraft
    Post edited by Robyn Chaos on
  • Another post from the Super Meat Boy team. Steam pre-orders will be at the sale price of $10, and they announced that one of the PC unlockable characters will be the Half Life head crab, lol.
  • edited November 2010
    I'd like to see them drop the prices on Ass Creed 1 and 2 which are both still £20, as is Modern Warfare 1.
    I like MW1 and 2 but just the single player.
    Post edited by Omnutia on