This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Video Game Offers

Comments

• edited November 2010
    is it to late get into CS: source or should i just pre order SMB?
    Good luck trying to find servers where you stay alive long enough to actually learn to play the game. Otherwise good game and good deal.
    Edit: (Talking about CS:S)
    Post edited by Apsup on
  • Alright I didn't quite like Borderlands for the PS3, but if some of you guys are still playing it for the PC, I'll get it for 10 dollars so I can try to play with some of you cool people. So, anyone?
  • Whether or not you can actually play CS at any reasonable level is the real question. I've been playing UT2004 for a good 4-5 years, doing pretty well online. I am NOT good at CS. Those people are nutter.
    You probably want to get to it via NS and T2. I've got Tribes filling that slot for me at the moment.
  • Guys, CS isn't actually that hard, and there are plenty of newb-friendly servers on which to play. Besides, if you think CS is difficult, high-level NS play will destroy you. (Hint: a good NS marine is NEVER killed by a single skulk in an open area. Ever.) One decent fade can destroy entire squads of newbie marines without even taking much damage.

Since CS is the first server I'm working toward hosting on my FIOS, you can all start there. CS is MUCH easier to teach than NS.
  • edited November 2010
    I once knifed a fade, and I had pride.

I'll get CS if it's what all the cool kids are playing these days. I can handle NS (Depending on the team.).
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Whether or not you can actually play CS at any reasonable level is the real question. I've been playing UT2004 for a good 4-5 years, doing pretty well online. I am NOT good at CS. Those people are nutter.
    Play like a paranoid crack addict. Look everywhere and be ready to twitch the mouse to everyone's heads.
  • Agreed, NS is insane.

Back in the day I was decent at CS, but that was 1.6. Source is a whole different bandwagon, although Valve did well at preserving the original feel.
    I still dominate most of my friends at LANs though.
  • Picked up Borderlands. Ain't playing it until I finish Half-Life.
  • Picked up Borderlands. Ain't playing it until I finish Half-Life.
    Sometimes you have to let go of the single player to start playing a multi-player because it's so fucking hard to get people to collaborate, so you should take the opportunity of playing a multi-player over a single, if people are available. At least that's what I do.
  • Sometimes you have to let go of the single player to start playing a multi-player because it's so fucking hard to get people to collaborate, so you should take the opportunity of playing a multi-player over a single, if people are available. At least that's what I do.
    I'm always looking for an excuse to play this game.
  • The Indie pack and Alpha Protocol look interesting.
  • The Indie pack and Alpha Protocol look interesting.
    Somebody buy them so I don't have to. I've already bought enough crappy cheap games.
  • Sometimes you have to let go of the single player to start playing a multi-player because it's so fucking hard to get people to collaborate, so you should take the opportunity of playing a multi-player over a single, if people are available. At least that's what I do.
    I'm always looking for an excuse to play this game.
    I'll gladly play Borderlands multiplayer. But usually, trying to find forumites to form a party is a real bitch.
  • The Indie Pack looks lame.
  • The Indie Pack looks lame.
    I am a sucker for multiplayer space games.
  • Somebody buy them so I don't have to. I've already bought enough crappy cheap games.
    I'll buy Alpha Protocol.
  • edited November 2010
    Somebody buy them so I don't have to. I've already bought enough crappy cheap games.
    I'll buy Alpha Protocol.
    Well fuck me, again foiled by damned regional blocks, how much is alpha protocol going for?
    EDIT: Meh, forget it...
    Post edited by MrRoboto on
  • Has anybody tried Shank? It looks interesting, but it's only 5 bucks off so if it's not great I'd rather wait.
  • Apparently every day 30 people get the top 5 items in their wish list for free. Pick 5 expensive ones!
  • Apparently every day 30 people get the top 5 items in their wish list for free. Pick 5 expensive ones!
    Unfortunately they don't let you add the crazy "complete packs" where you get 30 games for $99. :P
  • Unfortunately they don't let you add the crazy "complete packs" where you get 30 games for $99. :P
    Great minds think a like I was disappointed by that as well ^_^
    Gotta have at least ten games in your wishlist for it to count though.
  • edited November 2010
    Apparently every day 30 people get the top 5 items in their wish list for free. Pick 5 expensive ones!
    Where did you see this?
    Edit: Never mind, it's in the fine print at the bottom of the page.
    Post edited by trogdor9 on
    Oh shit, I better fix that.
  • Gotta have at least ten games in your wishlist for it to count though.
    Thanks for the heads-up.
  • It's kinda funny that this promotion basically breaks the idea of wish lists. You are supposed to list games you really want, but don't have yet. The problem is, at least for me, there are no games I want because I bought them all. So because of this promotion, the wish list becomes the games I will never buy, but will gladly take for free list.
  • edited November 2010
    It's kinda funny that this promotion basically breaks the idea of wish lists. You are supposed to list games you really want, but don't have yet. The problem is, at least for me, there are no games I want because I bought them all. So because of this promotion, the wish list becomes the games I will never buy, but will gladly take for free list.
    You can add preordable games to the list. Like portal 2.

Dat proof~
    Post edited by Nine Boomer on
  • I sorta want to buy Shank. Fast Karate had some good things to say about it.
    You can download the demo. I didn't like it, but don't take my opinion try it out.
  • edited November 2010
    Today's Indie Story Pack looks worth it just for Recettear. 92% savings.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Today's Indie Story Pack looks worth it just for Recettear. 92% savings.
    Done.