This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Desktop Screenshots

edited August 2010 in Everything Else
That is Mr. T towing a bus on an epic bridge.

Comments

• Everything minimized:
    Browser + Media player:
  • edited August 2010
    I really fucking like Machinarium.
    Post edited by Admiral Hotcakes on
    I actually have a slideshow desktop, but I really like this picture.
    edited August 2010
    Helvetica-Arial wallpaper.
    Post edited by ... on
  • Helvetica Condensed Black FTW.
    edited August 2010
    Actually, I don't think that's either condensed or black, just ~200 pts large.
    Post edited by ... on
  • Actually, I don't think that's either condensed or black, just ~200 pts large.
    The wallpaper has neither. I was voicing my opinion on what font is best. I use Helvetica Condensed Black for headlines on a regular basis. The Helvetica family is robust and can pull its weight on a lot of projects. Impact also works well as long as you stick to caps and make sure it's leaded properly.
  • Ah, yes. That makes sense too. Excuse me for thinking you were commenting just on the wallpaper. Helvetica looks great and is indeed stupidly universally useful. Unlike Comic Sans which you almost see just as much.

lol impact
  • edited August 2010
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • edited August 2010
    Windows programs do not like your taskbar being at the top.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Windows programs do not like your taskbar being at the top.
    Windows 7 was specifically designed to work seamlessly with left- or right-side taskbars. Why doesn't the taskbar work on top?
  • Windows programs do not like your taskbar being at the top.
    Windows 7 was specifically designed to work seamlessly with left- or right-side taskbars. Why doesn't the taskbar work on top?
    Why change it? You like to be different for no reason? Just leave it on the bottom. It's a lot less hassle. It's easier to change your own preferences than it is to try to change all the programs in the world.

Key to never having computer trouble: Leave almost everything at default settings and get used to it.
  • edited August 2010
    Key to never having computer trouble: Leave almost everything at default settings and get used to it.
    Corollary: Unless it's a video game, in which case all settings must be customizable otherwise it immediately ranks as FAIL - right? :D
    Post edited by Techparadox on
  • Corollary: Unless it's a video game, in which case all settings must be customizable otherwise it immediately ranks as FAIL - right? :D
    I never said the options shouldn't be there. They absolutely should, and must, be. I'm saying that unless you have a really good reason for changing an option, you're better off learning the default than causing trouble.
  • I don't think I could live without the left-side taskbar. I've been extremely pleased with how Windows 7 works, with applications permanently pinned to the bar and open windows stacked behind them. I've been using a left-side taskbar w/ a 3-icon-wide row of quicklaunch icons since XP came out and the transition was very easy.
  • I don't think I could live without the left-side taskbar. I've been extremely pleased with how Windows 7 works, with applications permanently pinned to the bar and open windows stacked behind them. I've been using a left-side taskbar w/ a 3-icon-wide row of quicklaunch icons since XP came out and the transition was very easy.
    Throw out your mouse. I basically never click the taskbar.
  • It saves screen space if you have a widescreen laptop, and I can't stand autohide.
  • It saves screen space if you have a widescreen laptop, and I can't stand autohide.
    Really? You need that tiny amount of screen space? Oh, it's the end of the world, I lost a centimeter.
  • Why doesn't the taskbar work on top?
    Some programs will overlap with the top taskbar and some will render with their menus slightly off the top. Pressing Alt+F to open the file menu then using the arrow keys until you get to the move option and moving it back onto screen with the arrow keys fixes this.
  • That reminds me so much of gurren lagaan.
  • That reminds me so much of gurren lagaan.
    It should. The guy who did that also makes an alternate-universe Gurren Lagaan comic in his spare time. Captain Osaka
  • Captain Osaka