This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Minecraft - First Person Dwarf Fortress.... Kinda

Comments

• Epiphany: If we are able to spawn any block. Why have I not built a house out of TNT?
  • GAAAAAAARGH, death by lag. The carts are really fucking it up. I think you have to restart the map now entirely. (one with lotsa water, boats are fun)
  • Oh, it's a creative server? Fuck, just spawn TNT and keep it in a chest.

Furnaces can be substituted: Put your kindling down and the thing to be smelted on top of it, and then light the kindling on fire.
  • Alrighty, new world generated! Let's see what happens.
  • edited September 2010
    I'm planning on running our new server on this: MCzall.

Feel free to comment on the decision, or on features you like or don't like. If you're interested in being an admin, whisper me and we'll work things out. Hopefully stuff will be set by next week, but I can't be sure. In addition, I'll probably grab a dedicated box from my house to run the server at all times, which means there might be some short-term downtime.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • I'm planning on running our new server on this:MCzall.

Feel free to comment on the decision, or on features you like or don't like. If you're interested in being an admin, whisper me and we'll work things out. Hopefully stuff will be set by next week, but I can't be sure. In addition, I'll probably grab a dedicated box from my house to run the server at all times, which means there might be some short-term downtime.
    Saturday July 31st update: Zallist is no longer coding MCZall due to some issues. For server hosts who have the software, update to 34.3 then disable the update component. Lawlcat will be releasing updated versions of the software, and the main server for the software remains the same.

So are we just not going to update our minecraft? Will it still connect to the new clients?
  • edited September 2010
    So are we just not going to update our minecraft? Will it still connect to the new clients?
    Fuck. Alright, D3 is now the weapon of choice. Suggestions? Admin Requests? Comments? Epic-level Trolling?
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • edited September 2010
    Useful for pissing around:
    276 - D Sword
    277 - D Spade
    278 - D Pickaxe
    279 - D Axe
    261 - Bow
    262 - Arrow

7 - Coal

1 - Stone
    5 - Wood
    17 - Log
    46 - TNT
    50 - Torch
    55 - RS Wire
    58 - Workbench
    61 - Furnace
    65 - Ladder
    66 - MC Tracks
    67 - Stone Stairs
    85 - Fence
    I just keep these in a notepad file down the side.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Hmm. I like Notch's server too, now that I've seen that, except he doesn't have fly and noclip. I guess I'll dick around with it before launching the server.
  • We must build this somehow. Go to around 1:51 for the good stuff.

Also, I def want admin/mod/whatever when you decide on the server.
    I just keep these in a notepad file down the side.
    How about this?
  • How about this?
    Not so great for keeping open at the side of the game window.
  • Oh my God. I've found my cocaine for the next week. It'll likely get forgotten after but until then? *SNORT*
  • It'll likely get forgotten after but until then? *SNORT*
    You think that now. Just wait until you start an arcology.
  • So, at the new Casa de Vhdblood, I've started a castle.

Groundwork:

Bigger area and a bit of wall:

Progress!
    Hosted by imgur.com

Tunnel:
    Hosted by imgur.com

That's what I've got done so far. Any ideas for it? Underground/water rooms are a definite must, plus I think I'm going to make the turret style corners.
  • edited September 2010
    Wow. I should go to bed....

Hosted by imgur.com
    Hosted by imgur.com
    Hosted by imgur.com
    Hosted by imgur.com
    Post edited by Vhdblood on
  • Secret passages inside the walls!
  • edited September 2010
    Secret passages inside the walls!
    Eventually they will be, but I dont know how redstone works in multiplayer yet, so for now they are hallways.

So, now I'm going to bed, but I have the whole ceiling done, windows in all the hallways and in the one tower, and all the hallways done too.
  • Eventually they will be, but I dont know how redstone works in multiplayer yet, so for now they are hallways.
    Most likely, not. Like doors. Minecarts. Furnaces...
  • Relevantnews.
    Another reason ecommerce is delayed. Just about every easy to use ecommerce package out there is PayPal only. PayPal works mostly fine (nowadays) for spending money. It just has major problems accepting money. I would very much like to use the much more trustworthy Amazon, but no package I know of easily supports it properly, yet.
  • Side note: I've been using redstone wires to set off TNT but I don't know if all it's interactions have been implemented.
  • God fucking dammit, Paypal, you never learn.
  • Here's the part I don't understand. 600000 Euros? How many people are making Minecraft? Is it just one guy?

If I had that moneys, I would pick up all my shit and travel the world for a year or ten. See ya.
  • edited September 2010
    It just has major problems accepting money.
    I have had it compared to taking a chainsaw to your behind, mailing it to PayPal and throwing in a 20 lb. tub of lube.
    Post edited by Dr. Timo on
  • edited September 2010
    Woot!
    http://notch.tumblr.com/post/1098183801/seecret-friday-9-oooooooooo-and-minecraft-alpha

Furnaces! Signs! Monsters Kinda! Inventory! Chests!

I just rolled over to the new version, so no server mods for now. I can still OP you and you can spawn things.
  • $(_*#(#_)*$%_*)$!!!!!! I just lost about 2 hours of crafting to a crash! FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF! There goes my solarium.
  • edited September 2010
    Huge stone tube is no way to enter a castle. I've started work on a boathouse/hobocave and peer.
    Tube < Boat < Underground/Underwater Minecart < Underground/Underwater Rollercoaster < Cannon < Flying whale

I'm thinking that the simple big block castle could be turned into a big courtyard in the middle with rooms all around. Maybe a Shadow of the Collosus vibe.

Artists impression:
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • a big courtyard in the middle with rooms all around.
    The rooms, they do nothing!
  • What was I thinking, we fuse all the outside rooms together into one big train set/rollercoaster.
    Also, can we add back in the mod you were using?
  • At a lan, playing minecraft. Update is appreciated!