This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Minecraft - First Person Dwarf Fortress.... Kinda

Comments

• into one big train set/rollercoaster
    No. That'll kill the server. Minecarts do not work.
  • WTB Gold or Diamond blocks, prease.
  • Grey doesn't seem to be able to handle the responsibilities of an admin. Requesting removal on grounds of kicking players for no serious reason.
  • I ran into this weird hellgate that kept spawning zombies. It was really annoying since it was RIGHT below my camp and the fuckers wouldn't shut up. I didn't see any mention of that thing on the Wiki. Maybe it's new to this update?
  • I ran into this weird hellgate that kept spawning zombies. It was really annoying since it was RIGHT below my camp and the fuckers wouldn't shut up. I didn't see any mention of that thing on the Wiki. Maybe it's new to this update?
    Screencap?
    Screencap?
    It's a dungeon. You're quite lucky to have found one so easily.
  • That's a monster spawner, I've run into a few of them. They are hidden underground all over the place, and summon tons of one type of monster. If you can get enough light in the room it'll stop, and you can destroy it. Also they room they are in usually has 2 boxes in them which have some items in them. I managed to find two vinyl records from the ones I've encountered. They are also the only place you can find the moss covered rock blocks.

In other news... I had the silly idea to try and make an underwater city/base a la Bioshock's Rapture. It took a long time to wall off a section of ocean, and then remove all the water, but I think the underwater minecart entrance is going to make up for how much of a pain it was.
  • I ran into one of those monster spawners for the first time today, too. It was surprisingly creepy. I'm also playing with building an underwater forest with a glass roof. I stand by my earlier statement that Minecraft isn't a good game due to lack of goals, but it certainly can be a relaxing creative vent, like LEGOs. I've been using it too keep occupied while catching up on some podcasts.
  • I'm noticing on the logs the server keeps having some disagreements with a few users. I'm getting an error that time is not synchronized, which means that the server will lag or kick you instead of behaving normally.

If you're getting these issues, make sure your computer syncs with time.windows.com and not time.nist.gov or something else. It's not a thing on my end, the server automatically does it.
  • It's a dungeon. You're quite lucky to have found one so easily.
    O rly? =D

@Kiey - I want to do the underwater thing as well. It's not AS rewarding without anything to look at. The fact that sea monsters may be added might not make this the best idea in the world. haha
  • Start at 1:00 for the awesome.
  • The 3D feature is a novel addition!
    edited September 2010
    The 3D feature is a novel addition!
    Minecraft has had that 3D anaglyph option for ages. Few people use it, but that mask if probably the greatest way to use it.
    Post edited by ... on
  • Few people use it, but that mask is probably the greatest way to use it.
    Indeed. I had a set of "clip-on" anaglyph glasses lying around and was stoked to find a practical application for them again! The anaglyph option makes for a unique way to get those not usually interested in games on board. The novelty of the experience, albeit as a peripheral function seems a draw card.
  • Everybody see Penny Arcade today?
  • I have now. I like the use of actual in-game screenshots, though they should've drawn Gabe all cubist as well.
  • My underwater fortress now has a tiny cobblestone bunker entry and a wooden pier for boats. The "lobby" is finished, too, with glass walls and ceilings. The moon filtering through deep water looks AWESOME.
  • edited September 2010
    I keep getting a connection error. Can someone just check that I'm not banned. That wolf guy might have found the stash of TNT I put above his home. Which was in return for him placing one next to my garden.

I did defuse his, (Dig a hole under it so it drops down a few floors.) but it's the intention that counts.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • You mean VHD's server? It's been down for several days from what I gather.
  • Ah, what server's the underwarter palace at?
  • Ah, what server's the underwarter palace at?
    I think that's Windup's Single Player game.
    You mean VHD's server? It's been down for several days from what I gather.
    I had to take it down. My connection was suffering, and I've been having internet issues anyway, so it would have been laggy. Right now the hop from my modem to the local Comcast hub varies from 100ms to 1000ms!!!!
  • That's quite a fickle hop.
  • GeoGeo
    edited September 2010
    I've found my drug for a while now. Unfortunately...I was cursed with a Winter World!! The snowflakes makes exploring insufferable, but on other hand I can just walk anywhere in my world due to the fact the ocean is frozen. That in and of itself is awesome.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • So, are we going to have a server then?
  • Boats are faster though. Fuck walking on ice, if a creeper explodes on top of it there's a fucking hole in the ocean. FOREVER.
  • I bought the full version, finally. I've been playing single player while watching Netflix TV. I went all the way through Better Off Ted in the last couple of days.
  • Saturday update for Minecraft is fail, don't let it update if you can. the servers are overloaded and if you start to update and it dies half way through there is no playing offline /tear
  • edited September 2010
    I beat the game of minecraft. I found a hole in the bottom of the world.
    Post edited by Dromaro on