This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

This Shit Just Got Real (juggling world records)

Comments

• I've always look at a koala's day thusly: 18 hours sleeping, 3 hours eating, and 3 hours committing murder. Those last 6 hours slide either way.
  • Thunderdome:
    Goose versus Koala, who wins?
  • Goose versus Koala, who wins?
    The Koala, if it's awake. They're vicious, fast, and have long, super-sharp claws.
  • One on one? The koala. Geese tend to travel in packs though and would win through weight of numbers. A koala could take on a few easy, but dozens? I don't think so.
  • Guinness book
    The Guinness Book of World Records doesn't track juggling records in a meaningful way. The only authority at the moment which does a good job is the Wikipedia page which I set up and is now maintained by a group of interested editors.
  • Hey Luke: Do you know a juggler named Matt Jergens? I just talked to him a few hours ago. He was doing a show 'round these here parts. I told him that I had pretty high standards for juggling entertainment since I know you, and he said he'd talked with you to some extent.
  • Maybe. I've been involved in the juggling scene for 13 years now. I've talked to a lot of people!

I just googled his name. His website looks exactly like every other American comedy juggler's website I've ever seen, with the exact same publicity photos and description of his act. If I have spoken to him, he is indistinguishable from others. His show is probably pretty entertaining as long as you aren't an old jaded juggler like me.
  • Yeah, I saw that today. It's just bonkers!
  • 13 ball world record finally captured on camera. Earlier this year my name was removed from the wikipedia page of juggling world records, I think for good, but as long as others continue to push things like this, I'm happy!

• Holy crap. I'm i so much awe of that feat right now.
  • I know what you mean by the title, but the image of someone juggling Guinness Books of World records struck me as funny.

• A nicer video of the same feat

• twelve balls, sixteen catches.
  • edited December 2011
    He is also an outspoken member of the LGBTQQIA community being born female himself.
    That's messed up.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • edited December 2011
    He is also an outspoken member of the LGBTQQIA community being born female himself.
    That's messed up.
    Did not see that. Not cool.

Post edited by Sail on
  • I only saw the nude juggling and murder part.
  • At last another advocate of nude juggling!
  • I've reverted the changes (It's Wikipedia, guys), but the revision in question can be found here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Luke_Burrage&oldid=468691504
  • Did you hear he's also a professional Bush Waxer?
  • Huge congrats to Luke on making the top 40 jugglers of 2011
    http://juggling.tv/11487
    :( about Michael Karas not making the list.

• Yeah, well done me for making it into the chart that I myself have compiled for the last 9 years...
  • NU Circus Skills just sent out a call for photographers for their first show of the New Year. I haven't been involved with them thus far, but I do want to start building a photo portfolio and eventually learn to juggle, so it might be a good opportunity.

I don't have a tripod or any flashes to accompany my camera, though, nor do I have any decent reference shots. I'll have to see what they're looking for, I guess; they are just a student society, so it could be that they just want some decent snaps for a newsletter or Facebook gallery. That much I can definitely do.
  • Alex Barron rocks my world again!

Also back in 2002 me and a guy called Ben passed 18 balls for the first time, getting 18 catches, which was a world record at the time. These guys are kind of making us look bad:

• The talk page is kinda funny but I was expecting something more crazy.

• It keeps going. The young jugglers are breaking so many records now I can't even keep up.
  • Ravi solves three cubes while juggling them: