This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Episode 43 - Partners in Time and Ultima

edited January 2006 in Video Games
We're looking for people who played and enjoyed Ultima games or have skills in Silver Surfing for the NES. Speak up if you fit the bill.

Comments

• I liked Ultima: Exodus for the Nintendo... Don't ask me if I understood what I was doing.. There is some really awesome things in it that i enjoyed but the game is impossible.....
  • To add to the comment about the point of no return in games...

Final Fantasy III has a particularly frustrating point of no return. The last area of the game is a crystal tower under which resides the Forbidden Land Eureka. When you enter the first floor of the tower, you can either go up the tower or explore Eureka.

The tower contains the last boss, and Eureka contains the last two jobs in the game, as well as the magic and weapons and what have you.

The crap part is that you can choose to go up the tower before Eureka, and if you get to the room with the last boss, YOU CAN'T LEAVE. At all. And if you haven't been to Eureka, you can't actually beat the boss, because he's too powerful.
  • I can't believe I missed this topic! I've played every single Ulima game (not counting the Ultima Underworld games), as well as Akalabeth. I actually have the Origin bio book laying around somewhere.

Somewhere I stil have my Ultima Collection disc, with all the games up through Ultima 8. IX was crap, although there was a fan-created patch that made it suck not so much.