This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

NaNoWriMo 2010

Comments

• edited October 2010
    I have now been roped into doing this for sure by my friend. Doing a stereotypical sci-fi plot about a psychic kid.
    Edit: Never mind, came up with something less lame. At least, I think it's less lame.
    Post edited by Axel on
  • edited November 2010
    BEGIN! (If you're on CST!)
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • edited November 2010
    If anyone is going to buy the comic, make sure you buy the compendium version, which is by far the least expensive option.

The Walking Dead: Compendium One

This book comes out in four formats. Individual comic issues every month, trade paperbacks every few months, hardcovers which contain two volumes of material, and the compendiums which contain four volumes of material. I made the mistake of getting the hardcovers before the compendium existed. It also may be available digitally legally, I'm just not sure about the details of that. It's also obviously available digitally illegally.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • It begins! I'm going to go with Minding Tomorrow Part 3, after writing the previous two novels as NaNoWriMo challenges. Might as well!
  • Well, my first day's quota is complete. I will probably continue writing tonight anyways, get through my basic premise, so I can take some time out tomorrow and plan a bit more. I know where I'm going in general, but I want to nail out the specifics of each step so I don't get suck just sitting there with a blank page.
  • 600 words for today, and a bunch of notes hanging out on my desk. I think I might be able to handle it this year. :)
  • This is probably bad, but I'm just starting. I have a very basic premise, and I think I could do a lot with it, but we'll see.
  • The first chapter has a shotgun fight vs. a shoggoth in a crowded orphanage.

I am very pleased with this storyline development.
  • Bam, 2948 words down.
  • 1516 words. A bit short of my goal, but I finished two short chapters. I'll make sure my next two chapters are a bit longer.
  • No time to write today! Hopefully insomnia will happen.
  • 917 words yesterday, but man that intro took a lot out of me. It's looking a little shaky right now, but I'll remain optimistic...
  • Wow, I'm powering through. 3837. Probably done for the day, unless I get tremendously bored later.
  • Nothing yesterday, due to lack of sleep. Will buckle down on it today.
  • Nothing yesterday, due to lack of sleep. Will buckle down on it today.
    Same here. Long weekend with lots of driving and unhealthy food was still hitting me hard last night. Should be able to start writing today.
  • So my friend and I were commenting on how passive aggressive the website is. Even though I'm ahead of the word quota, because my total written TODAY isn't 1667, it's still telling me I have an unsuccessful day, because I didn't properly do the Nano mindset of writing a lot each day. We just laughed at how mean it is to inspire us to work.
  • 3112 word count so far. I'm feeling pretty good, even if I'm a bit behind the recommended quota for the first two days.
  • 6124 words. I am powering through this way easier than I thought I would. I'm starting to really like my idea. This is good.
  • Spent an evening writing. I've mostly caught up, and am just 92 words behind the day three target. I'll try to get ahead tomorrow, because I'm at a juggling convention with my girlfriend over the weekend, so probably won't be writing much.
  • I'm getting behind because of schoolwork. I'll have to spend some time catching up tomorrow or Saturday.
  • I'm doing relatively bad, with only 1500 words right now. But for me, it's been getting over the main hump of getting started and getting the introduction out of the way compared to how the rest of the story is. And after that, I really rise.
  • Still on top of things, at the 9500 or so word mark. Gonna keep up with it each day, liking my pace, liking my story, I've got a lot of ground to cover, but a lot of time to do it in.
  • I'm falling so behind. I have ideas, tons of them, but spitting them out is very hard for me. I've got loads of time over the weekend, though, so maybe I can pull through and get caught up.
  • Yeah, girlfriend and juggling convention got in the way yesterday, and probably will today and tomorrow too. Good job I'm on a cruise next week, going to places I don't nee to visit, so I'll have plenty of time to catch up.
  • Some of you might be interested in @FakeNNWMTips.
  • I wrote a short chapter on the plane to Athens. Now I'm only 5223 words behind, after taking the weekend off.
  • I gave up on this as soon as Ithought about how much 50,000 words is. UGH.
  • I gave up on this as soon as Ithought about how much 50,000 words is. UGH.
    Loser!

Today I managed 3458 words, and am only 4256 behind today's goal.

I have discovered the Inception sound track is awesome writing music.
  • I am doing quite swell, I believe 17000+ words so far? Haven't missed a day's quota, I think...Doing great, and loving it.
  • I'm doing bad still, at only 5,000 words this far. But I feel kind of accomplished today, considering I wrote 800 words within 40 minutes. :D