This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

XBox Live Price Hike

2»

Comments

• Maybe you should have said "media release" in your summary, rather than "something."
    That's what you get for TL;DR instead of reading the whole thing.

TL;DR: Rym is stupid.
  • That's what you get for TL;DR instead of reading the whole thing.
    The onus on the summarizer is to present the facts succinctly. Your TL;DR failed to do so, and was patently incorrect.

TL;DR: Scott failed.
  • The onus on the summarizer is to present the facts succinctly. Your TL;DR failed to do so, and was patently incorrect.

TL;DR: Scott failed.
    If you are going to reply to something, and you are too lazy to read the whole thing, you should keep your mouth shut. TL;DR is for lurkers.
  • If you are going to reply to something, and you are too lazy to read the whole thing, you should keep your mouth shut. TL;DR is for lurkers.
    My quote from you and my rebuttal stand alone in proving you wrong. ^_~
  • edited August 2010
    So apparently you can get an Xbox Gold subscription through Microsoft for $40 right now http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/pricelock/default.htm Which is nice, but also rubs me the wrong way.

Edit: Just discovered the con here. "One year subscription at $39.99 for the first year with auto-renewal at the then current annual price following year one." Sounds to me like you get it for $40 now, but then in a year you automatically get another year at $60. So basically they get you for 2 years at the current price.
    Post edited by Kiey on
  • So apparently you can get an Xbox Gold subscription through Microsoft for $40 right nowhttp://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/pricelock/default.htmWhich is nice, but also rubs me the wrong way.
    Yeah I saw that, but I'm still getting an error code everytime I try to get in on that deal. I probably have to call customer service to figure out what's going on. I'm not looking forward to that whatsoever.
  • So I get two at the current price, but will that begin when my current one runs out? Or will they trick me and I'll end up paying double for some months?
  • but will that begin when my current one runs out?
    Yes. That's what it says when you sign up for it.
  • I can't say this really bothers me much. It just raises the price from "Not worth it" to "Ten dollars less worth it."
  • I'm good for another year before this affects me. I got signed up on of XBLA summer deals. I don't think I will be re-upping when it expires next year though. I don't do much XBLA online gaming. The netflix streaming is nice to have though.
  • I'm good for another year before this affects me. I got signed up on of XBLA summer deals. I don't think I will be re-upping when it expires next year though. I don't do much XBLA online gaming. The netflix streaming is nice to have though.
    I just renewed my subscription a month ago, so I'm fine also. But about all I use the live for is Netflix, I may just by a Roku, I see that they have dropped the price on it to $60.
  • If my account does not expire till springtime will the year I purchase or multiple years be added to the end of when my account ends? (awkward phrasing)
  • If my account does not expire till springtime will the year I purchase or multiple years be added to the end of when my account ends? (awkward phrasing)
    Yeah, I just bought a year for $40, and it gets added to the end of my existing subscription.
  • Can you buy more then one?
  • Yeah, I just bought a year for $40, and it gets added to the end of my existing subscription.
    It's still not working for me. I tried to upgrade on the 360 and online. I kept getting error messages.

I called customer service and the wait was about 3 minutes, to my surprise. The customer service guy told me it's a common issue among many other users and the dev department is working on it. I should continue to try renewing my account everyday. If the promotion no long exists, I can call back with the reference number he gave me to get the deal.