This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

New study finds nondrinkers live the shortest lives.

1235»

Comments

• That's awesome of you, and if you feel like doing so, go for it. However, I should warn you: because I'm pre-med and in such an intense field, my range of programs is most likely limited to what the university says I can take on. Since QUT isn't on the list, I dunno if it would work. You're welcome to do the homework if you wish, I'm just trying to save you from a (potential) fool's errand.
    My mistake - There are two - QUT, and UQ. I manage to mix them up on a regular basis, considering they are within a rifle shot of each other. Having Satellite campuses doesn't help - For example, UQ has a satellite campus on one side of the river, QUT on the other, and a bridge between the two. I know people who go to both(Both in the one-or-the-other sense, and concurrently), so it doesn't change much.
  • Alright, I'll give you the heads up as the day grows nearer.
  • Stories:

Bought a bottle of Chilean Merlot (apparently an award winner) to share with friends. My friends were very unfashionably late, at which point, I decided to sample the wine which turned out to be super super yummy. Sampling subsequently became Completing said bottle, at which point my friends show up with a bottle of decent Scotch. Being 1 bottle in, I rinse my glass, and pour in the scotch like it's wine. oops. Thankfully I stopped before getting sick (never gotten sick), and enjoyed sitting on the curb until the world stopped dancing, as well as next day feelings of regret.

And anyone who thinks white grape juice is unyummy obviously hasn't had muscat juice.
    But cheap white wine generally tastes cheap. unless it's vinho verde.

One day when I was stupidly browsing the liquor store while broke, I spotted the DFH120, which was gone by the time I had monies.

A while ago, some guy trying to make an impression on me bought me a bottle of "The Knot". I turned to him and said, "You DO know I drink REAL whiskey, right?" He mumbled something about girls liking it. However, mixed with Goldschlager it was tasty and extremely intoxicating.

The other day I shared some of my precious Bushmills Black with a friend, who promptly denounced it as less smooth than regular Jameson. I promptly corked up the bottle and took away her whiskey drinking license.
  • I have options at University of Queensland. I'll have to talk to my adviser once I declare.

EDIT: Don't care how small she is. We can study sexual selection together anytime.
    I'm currently still studying at the University of Queensland.
  • I'm currently still studying at the University of Queensland.
    BLAM. There you go. LOC and I can get you the lowdown on whatever you want to know, and possibly a few things you don't.
  • I'm currently still studying at the University of Queensland.
    BLAM. There you go. LOC and I can get you the lowdown on whatever you want to know, and possibly a few things you don't.
    Any news on the social scene and the quality of their molecular bio program would be pretty awesome. I'm going to start planning with advisors next week so that I have some idea as to when I'll be there.
  • I don't know about the molecular bio since I'm an engineering/maths guy. The social scene is pretty rocking, though; it's a nice large campus with plenty of spots to hang out, and of course it's full of students.
  • I don't know about the molecular bio since I'm an engineering/maths guy. The social scene is pretty rocking, though; it's a nice large campus with plenty of spots to hang out, and of course it's full of students.
    How much longer are you there for?
  • Another year and a half or so.
  • Awesome, if things work out. I might see you.

On a note more pertinent to the thread, do want:

• Me and the Kraken have had words, we get along now. This stuff is the business though:
  • Gonna throw this in here since some of you may find it amusing. My friends does this blog and it's an entertaining read, even for someone who doesn't drink.