This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Lady GaGa

edited September 2010 in Everything Else
So what do you think?

I prefer Radio over Lady...

Just sayin.

Comments

• Eh...Her songs aren't terrible. Some of them are catchy to dance to. I don't care about anything else involving her, the controversy is just extremely annoying to me.
  • At first I didn't like her too much. Then, I saw her at Lolla. Pay heed, friends: Gaga is fucking metal.

• I'm pretty sure she is the biggest and most successful troll ever to have walked the earth. In a few years time, she will uncover all of this as a big joke.
  • I just do not fucking understand her, but I don't think I'm supposed to. Her shtick just seems really fake, and I don't get the appeal. She seems to be going after the gay community with her whole "we're the cool kids now, nobody accepted us before" angle, so I guess I'm just not the target audience.
  • If you listen to the stuff that's not the dumb fucking shit that the radio and popular media gloms onto, it's actually really goddamn good. She's classically trained, and some of her stuff really shows it. And when it's just her at a piano singing, you can tell she's got some fucking set of pipes.

She's good, you just have to force yourself to realize that there is more to her career that "Poker Face" and "Alejandro." It's a problem that's only recently spawned because of the death of AOR radio stations.
  • It sucks because there will be times when I am at work and I will have the opening of Bad Romance stuck in my head for hours at a time. I want to put my face on one of the deli slicers.
  • edited September 2010
    I hate Lady Gaga for the same reason I hate the majority of popular musicians, repetitive beats and vocals that are auto-tuned to hell. Also, her singing in some of the songs that I have heard has been pretty freaking terrible. In one of them (I think it's Bad Romance), it sounds like she's having a stroke.

Also, her music videos are just weird for the sake of being weird. I am very unamused.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • Her work is just overproduced MTV schlock aimed at capturing the 12-18 audience. Radio is dead; that's a natural side-effect of the corporate music movement dying. Good riddance. Radio has been a stagnant cesspool since the start of the new millennium. I've given up listening to it entirely.
  • I Heard the Glee Soundtrack version of Bad Romance the other day, and I like it. The original is a rather pants though.
  • Glee is teh wins!
  • Glee is teh wins!
    The show I have less than zero interest in, but there are a few good songs that they've put out as independent recordings.
  • She IS actually good, before she became Gaga. Lady Gaga is more of a comprised characters fashioned by trends in MTV culture with a blend of less mainstream likes to make her "edgy." She is an auto tuned product and I think she knows this.
  • I don't hate. It's just fun, silly pop music. Actively disliking it is a bit ridiculous, I'm not sure why this stuff bothers people so much.
  • I don't hate. It's just fun, silly pop music. Actively disliking it is a bit ridiculous, I'm not sure why this stuff bothers people so much.
    Ditto that. I mean, I like her - I read her interviews, and especially like the ones where she seems mostly sane, because she's intelligent, self-aware, and knows what she's on about. I respect her as an artist, because she's a brilliant singer, and an amazing pianist. I just don't really like her music, but hey, whatever, that's just me.
    Because Lady Gaga music blaring annoyingly is the only thing I can think of that can ruin the sight of my wife dancing naked in the shower.
  • edited September 2010
    She gets major points for having a freaking dune reference and a Command & Conquer reference in the same scene...
    Post edited by Cremlian on
    Sail's got it all figured out way ahead of schedule.
    Yep.
  • She gets major points for having a freaking dune reference and a Command & Conquer reference in the same scene...
    Another reason why I like her - she seems to be quite a geek, aside from all the usual pop nonsense image stuff.
  • I've been hearing so much Lady Gaga talk recently. What is going on? Did she do something of note?
  • I've been hearing so much Lady Gaga talk recently. What is going on? Did she do something of note?
    Something about a meat dress, that's the last I've heard.

On the subject of her music, I don't hear it enough to really be against it, but compared to a lot of other stuff I hear, her music is pretty catchy. I don't get the obsession, but that's been going on for one singer/group or another for decades. I also stay away from celebrity bullshit as a general rule, so... meh.
    I'm not sure I know what that means.
  • I've been hearing so much Beatles talk recently. What is going on? Did They do something of note?

• Almost two minutes in he points something out that I had never noticed, and that's including all the times I've heard the Glee version in my wife's car.
  • I will not lie, I like Gaga. She is weird, her high fashion shtick is so over the top, and she obviously has talent and a sense of humor about herself.
    I also find her music super catchy.
  • I'm the same, to be honest. I really appreciate someone who is will to go that extra distance at every moment to be an over the top artist. Wearing a meat dress is awesome. I mean, really, where are all the rock stars these days? What are they doing that is new and interesting a rebellious?
  • I'm not a fan of her music, but I do think that her costumes and theatrics are interesting. Live performance is certainly part spectacle, and she's got the spectacle part nailed.
  • I don't have a problem with Lady Gaga. I don't care for her music but I'm not saying she isn't talented though either. Her videos are interesting and besides the world needs it's freaks. And I don't mean that in a mean way either.