This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

AMD Phenom x6 1050T overclock with a Corsair H50.

edited September 2010 in Everything Else
Since I don't do Friday Night Party Line anymore, one of my creative outlets has become doing computer project videos on YouTube. I'm not sure how this has come to be, but it seems to satisfy the urge (whatever it is). Anyway, my latest piece is about another part of computing hobbyist endeavors that Scott hates: overclocking. In this case, though, I suspect he would approve because I'm essentially solving two problems. First, the machine was loud and this gee-whiz high end self contained water cooler is whisper quiet. Second, the processor was choking and the modest overclock (2.8 to 3.4 GHz) gives it just enough more oomph to get the job done.

si_-3wYgPLs

Comments

• Thaed, get yourself a bottle of spray on isopropanol. It cleans thermal grease off a charm.
    Also, a fine microfiber cloth.

Other than that, nice.
  • edited September 2010
    No more Friday Night Party Line? I mean, I know it's been a while, but I really liked it and I was hoping you just hadn't gotten to it. Aww.....
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Thaed is a lawyer and has a family, his free time is a premium premium.
  • I weep for Friday Night Party line... Couldn't it be Tuesday night party line or something ;-p
  • edited September 2010
    I've just been stress testing my CPU and have discovered that my CPU fan doesn't change speed even with the increase in heat.

After some research: Fan runs at a constant 1300RPM when it could run from 900 - 2500RPM.

Further research: Motherboard needs that fourth pin to do internal speed control.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • I weep for Friday Night Party line... Couldn't it be Tuesday night party line or something ;-p
    If Thaed gives the go ahead, I'd be happy to do the recordings and post if people want to do the show.
    If Thaed gives the go ahead, I'd be happy to do the recordings and post if people want to do the show.
    Hmmm, if all I have to do is show up and pay for hosting, that might work, my friend. Sonic the Producer!