This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Comments

Comments

• edited November 2010
    I... I just read (a significant portion) of Guts by Chuck Palniuk. Do not repeat my mistake....
    If I like Palniuk's other books likePygmy, is it okay for me?
    It's just... Uhhhhhggghh. Look it up at your own peril.
    It's not... Bad, or anything. It's just... Once I figured out the part, I almost threw up. I'm not very good with that kinda thing, though.
    It's not the grossest story inHaunted.

It's also based on a true story.
    That doesn't make it any better. :/
    Post edited by Neito on
  • edited November 2010
    I just totally geeked out over all the cool shit Doxycycline does. Biology is totally fucking awesome!
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Which is better, FF7 or FF4:
    A) "FF4."
    B) "FF4?"
  • Which is better, FF7 or FF4:
    A) "FF4."
    B) "FF4?"
    FF6
  • You get the jist of the joke. They're both pretty bad by game standards.
  • Now I kind of want to look it up
    I highly encourage it.
    My morbid curiosity is telling me to get it.
  • You get the jist of the joke. They're both pretty bad by game standards.
    What is the best in storytelling standards?
  • edited November 2010
    You get the jist of the joke. They're both pretty bad by game standards.
    What is the best in storytelling standards?
    Game is more than story. Game stories are also pretty poor across the board.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • edited November 2010
    Now I kind of want to look it up
    I highly encourage it.
    I glossed over the plot summary. When I saw words relating to masturbation, carrots, and gnawing through one's own prolapsed intestines I was done (white-texted because it's super gross).
    Post edited by Walker on
  • I... I just read (a significant portion) of Guts by Chuck Palniuk. Do not repeat my mistake....
    Why do I not listen to advice...
  • Now I kind of want to look it up
    I highly encourage it.
    I glossed over the plot summary. When I saw the words relating to [redacted :3]I was done (white-texted because it's super gross).
    Oh this story. I read it when I was probably 13. It's why I still have a fear of those drain pipes in pools.
  • Oh this story. I read it when I was probably 13. It's why I still have a fear of those drain pipes in pools.
    That's quite a broad generalization you're making there. I would like to hear a rationale that supports it.
  • Oh this story. I read it when I was probably 13. It's why I still have a fear of those drain pipes in pools.
    That's quite a broad generalization you're making there. I would like to hear a rationale that supports it.
    That fucking story.
    That fucking story.
    He meant to quote Omnutia's text instead...I think.
    That fucking story.
    He meant to quote Omnutia's text instead...I think.
    Oh. Duh.
    Look at any AAA title from the past decade, and odds are that it'll have a shitty story. Even games with comparably good stories have pretty bad, cliche stories by the standards of every other media. Even the Half Life games boil down to a pretty generic Sci-Fi romp.
  • edited November 2010
    Look at any AAA title from the past decade, and odds are that it'll have a shitty story. Even games with comparably good stories have pretty bad, cliche stories by the standards of every other media. Even the Half Life games boil down to a pretty generic Sci-Fi romp.
    There's very little you can do. You have to structure your story in a way that fits the gameplay, which is almost always you vs them. How many times can you rehash the story of a single man taking on an army? It's rare when you get something special, something that tries to do better.
    Post edited by Nine Boomer on
  • You get them occasionally, and then they don't sell.

Milk, anyone?
  • edited November 2010
    One of my duties at the newspaper is to write a caption for a weekly "time capsule" photo from the area's historical society archives as a human interest eye-catcher. I was supposed to caption one today about the Knights of the Macabee Band from ca. 1900, but the editor just asked me what this "Knights of the Old Republic" is that I wrote about. Whoops. Attention slipped.
    Post edited by Jason on
  • edited November 2010
    <miska> does anyone know how to change sex in WoW?
    <SaxxonPike> When you play WoW, sex won't ever change
    http://qdb.us/129207
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • My wife just called me "Retardo Montelban."
    I called Adam that a while ago. That is very, very strange.
    Commander Shephard has made all Reaper bases belong to us.
  • edited November 2010
    I also like ham. As proof, I present the fact that I had a ham and bacon omlet for breakfast with onions and olives.
    Post edited by progSHELL on
  • Hey, I'm not the one who married a communist.
  • edited November 2010
    Commander Shephard has made all Reaper bases belong to us.
    Somebody Set Up Us The Bomb
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • Uuuuugh. Do you have any fucking idea how many times I killed the fucking Harbinger? Fucking bug-man son of a syphilitic Bangkok whore and a cockroach flyin' around in a giant space-turd shootin' my Normandy with a piss-beam motherfucker. You're goddamn right I set him up the bomb. Shootin' him in the head with a Widow just wasn't getting the job done.
  • I like art. I like donuts!
  • It's like my Russian grandmother used to say: If the leek soup tastes funny, the children are working the mines.
  • If it wasn't for my horse I wouldn't have spent that year in college.
  • edited November 2010
    If it wasn't for my horse I wouldn't have spent that year in college.
    You were broke at the time huh?

Have you even the faintest idea of how much damage a marshmallow the size of the moon could cause?!
    Post edited by Omnutia on