This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Comments

Comments

• Wow. Alright then.
  • Alaric728 said:

sK0pe said:

EDIT: woops

What a dingleberry.
    Honestly have not heard that one before.
    Not really something you want to hear
    My dad used to have an old joke dictionary with stuff like that in it. With hindsight it was obviously the basis for things like that but its how I learnt what a "Wimbledon" is. Its the pee that not matter how much you shake, wiggle and tug still drips out onto your pants.
  • Press up on your taint and stroke the underside of your penis to milk that urine out.
  • Banta said:

Press up on your taint and stroke the underside of your penis to milk that urine out.

Perfectly acceptable urinal behavior.
  • Use a stall.
  • SWATrous said:

Banta said:

Press up on your taint and stroke the underside of your penis to milk that urine out.

As long as you don't turn to your neighbor with a creepy smile.
  • SWATrous said:

Banta said:

Just a quick wink. A wank wink.
  • SWATrous said:

Banta said:

Just a quick wink. A wank wink.
    You mean something like this?
  • I needed some random placeholder names for an example in Patrol, and the rest kind of just wrote itself.

• Trump vs Kanye.
  • Why Kanye gotta wait until 2020? Sanders/West 2016!
  • edited August 2015
    He might have trouble drawing in some of the wealthier supporters though...

Fuck you and your Hampton house/I fucked your Hampton spouse/Came on her Hampton house/And in her Hampton mouth

Post edited by Ikatono on
  • Yeah I like how Kanye has a song about hating rich people.
  • And it came out like two years ago.
  • The telecommunication industry ironically has terrible communication and requires playing many games of telephone.
  • The amount of time courses have reviewed binary in my CS degree is too damn high.
  • Pegu said:

The amount of time courses have reviewed binary in my CS degree is too damn high.

Freshman year IT classes at RIT involved all of:

1. How to make a static web page in a text editor
    2. How to use Linux
    3. What a hard drive is
    4. How to make a single fucking function in Visual Basic. Seriously, just one, and you get 100% on the midterm. Fail to make ONE FUCKING FUNCTION and you fail the class. Someone in the room started crying during it. YOU HAD AN HOUR. AN HOUR TO MAKE A FUNCTION. At least 5 people failed the class at that point.
  • Wow, my CS classes were a lot more complicated than that. Don't get me wrong I'm sure you'd still find them trivial but really ONE function. Our exams were like write a java application that does this, on paper.
  • Wow, my CS classes were a lot more complicated than that. Don't get me wrong I'm sure you'd still find them trivial but really ONE function. Our exams were like write a java application that does this, on paper.

Yeah that's what mine are like.
  • Fun fact: the Bible only outlaws male homosexuality. Most people consider the use of the word "man" in Leviticus 20:13 to be gender neutral, but the original Aramaic it is specifically male, and for a reason. Yaweh's condemnation on non-procreative sex is based in his rules against wasting sperm. Any use of semen that doesn't have the chance of impregnation is damned by the Lord. In this manner, the modern campaign against birth control that cites Old Testament morality is very hypocritical, as they often advocate for more primitive forms of preventing sex to be procreative. Remember, Judah got smote for pulling out (Genesis 38). At any rate, through this logic we can conclude that lesbian sex is not a sin, as it does not involve any semen, and nowhere is there a gender neutral ban on homosexuality. Of course, there are ways out of this dictated by Christ in the New Testament, as he advocated for contradiction of the really stupid parts of the Old Testament -- my favorite being when Jesus doesn't wash his hands properly before eating meat, and the old Jews declare him a hypocrite for it, to which Jesus responds "You have a fine way of setting aside the commands of God in order to observe your own traditions! For Moses said, ‘Honor your father and mother,’ and, ‘Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death.’" (Mark 7) (as an aside, I hate how many people interpret this passage to be him agreeing with Moses. Not only is it clearly mocking them if you read the context, but if Jesus actually believed it, he wouldn't have said -- as anyone who heard Fear and Loathing in Judea: A Savage Pilgrimage to the Heart of the Semitic Dream knows -- “Now the brother shall betray the brother to death, and the father the son; and children shall rise up against their parents, and shall cause them to be put to death.” (Mark 13)).

TL;DR Kim Davis is a hypocrite, no better than the Pharisees that Christ himself condemned.
  • I just realized I am only about twice as old as GeekNights and Fast Karate for The Gentlemen

Yeah that's what mine are like.
    Same except last exam was to make your program run within a specific complexity and you had to write out any data structures you needed.

Doing C has made me realise how much easier C++ and other higher level languages are to use and the flexibility provided.
  • I still prefer C over C++. C++ a bit long in the tooth as far as them adding shit to it. Boost makes things a bit easier but still a lot of languages have fixed the issues C++ has, although I guess you don't have quite as much control over your program.
  • C++ would be fine if it weren't for the fact that it is second only to Perl in its use of crazy characters.

Shit like this is why I can't deal with it.

vector<string>::const_iterator iterator;
  • edited September 2015
    Apreche said:

C++ would be fine if it weren't for the fact that it is second only to Perl in its use of crazy characters.

Shit like this is why I can't deal with it.

vector<string>::const_iterator iterator;

That's why they added things like this:
    auto iterator = coolVector.begin();

That being said, I don't disagree. Even with all the tools out there, tracking down how something in C++ works can be really difficult, especially when metaprogramming gets involved. But I'm finding that I like it more and more as I've had to start using it again. The differences between when I first learned it in college and now with C++11/14 make it almost like a completely new language.
    Post edited by theknoxinator on
  • You want a statically typed language, so you use C++, and then you realize static typing sucks, so you use auto to get dynamic typing. Just use a dynamically typed language in the first place.
  • Type safety is pretty cool.