This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Non-Shit-Talk of Your Day

Comments

• I enjoy it so far. Making sense out of nonsense.
  • I just finished it! It's not perfect, but it's as much work as I'm going to do on it. From here on would be the fiddling with details until they are exactly right, but I just don't care enough to spend another 10 hours on every little bit. It took approximately 80 hours work in total.

Now I've got to work out a way to distribute it. I'm thinking bittorrent, though I must admit I've never created a torrent before, and I'd have to learn how to do so.
  • It's easy. If you open up your client, one of the drop-down menu options will be something like "Create New Torrent." You click that, tell it what file or folder you want to distribute, then it makes the .torrent file for you to send to people or upload to a tracker.
  • If you create a torrent, I'll seed it continuously here in the US over FIOS for a month or so.
  • edited June 2012
    I think you just need to create an account on TPB to create the necessary magnet link, and then just seed, seed, seed.

EDIT: Sail's already on that. My line is around 1MB:1MB dl:ul, and I'll seed to at least 50 if you create a torrent. I have some filmmaker friends in my comedy crew who'd love to see this.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • I introduced my RPG system (The Hard Six System) to the gang last night. It turns the player vs. GM metagame into an actual gameplay element, and uses 2d6 rolls for all resolution. My friends seemed to really like it, so I'm proud.

Today's To-Do List includes building a Playset for Fiasco (Blaxsploitation: Chicago 1973) and working on the core rules for Brickfleet: Encounters.
  • It took 8 days of wrangling Final Cut to export a 2 hour project without throwing up the same vague error, but I finally have a low quality version of The Silent Menace uploading now.

This isn't the final release, just a full preview to get feedback and catch spelling errors in the titles (also if there is too much text to read in the time it is up on screen). If you want to see the movie, email me luke@juggler.net and I'll give you a link. This link isn't for sharing though, and I'll be making a torrent for wider distribution in a week or so once I have a final edit and higher quality movie outputted.
  • Changed my oil.
  • edited July 2012
    So I've been meaning to create a blog for a while to get in the habit of writing more. I used to write a lot before college and now that I have a lot of free time I want to start doing it again. I was gonna make my own website then said fuck it and have just been making alterations to the php for a wordpress template that struck my fancy and I've already got a couple posts up. I'm going to try and make sure I update it somewhat regularly (at least compared to my previous blog attempt).

I think the issue before was that I was treating it like a catch all "look at this shit" which wasn't really focused enough. Now I've got it focused on games and hopefully it will work out better. Not much of a Non-Shit-Talk BUT IT'S ALL I GOTS.

You can find it here: New Game++
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • I wrote the rough draft of a hobo comic, started drawing another one, and finished writing a song.
    Ahaha, I was talking shit.

For real, though; I'm going to have actual conversations in the comments section of Facebook on a regular basis.
  • I -didn't- get sentenced to death in this trial in our DND campaign.
  • Yesterday I started doing an audiobook recording of one of my novellas. Narrating is really hard!
  • In an effort to turn shit talk into non shit talk I made a tumblr about my board game. Its multiplayer Harvest Moon, what could go wrong?
  • Updated my skill queue on Eve.
  • Yesterday I started doing an audiobook recording of one of my novellas. Narrating is really hard!
    Which one?

• Get That Rat Off My Face!
  • Get That Rat Off My Face!
    Only after you tell us which Novella you're making an audio book of, Winston.

• Just submitted my Paranoia game for the upcoming NerdNYC Recess. Hopefully I'll be able to write a good one-off based on the idea spawned in the Random Comments thread:

A new secret society is rising in Alpha Complex. Can a crack team of troubleshooters a menace that lives among them, or will all denizens soon be donning vintage jumpsuits and eating organic food-cubes? Find out by playing Paranoia: Hipsters Among Us
  • Bought Adobe InDesign to start work on the layout of Hardboiled.
  • edited August 2012
    I should submit a game for Recess. Oh wait, I meant I need to make a game for Burning Con.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • I should submit a game for Recess. Oh wait, I meant I need to make a game for Burning Con.
    Does this mean you're not planning on going to Recess based on the butt hurtery happening over the 18+ decision?
  • I should submit a game for Recess. Oh wait, I meant I need to make a game for Burning Con.
    Does this mean you're not planning on going to Recess based on the butt hurtery happening over the 18+ decision?
    I haven't been at the past few Recesses even without the butthurt. I might actually go to the next one though. I won't run an RPG there, though, because it has not been a good experience in the past.
  • What butt hurtery?
  • What butt hurtery?
    They had to make the meetup 18+ because of insurance reasons and other relatively reasonable factors. It's getting pretty touchy since there were some youngins involved in the community. Some people are pulling solutions out of their asses (durrr... what if we make the tickets another $10? Wouldn't that be enough?), other people are indignant over the lack of transparency between the people who actually run the damn thing and the hoi polloi, some are running around screaming that the sky is falling... but the people who frequent the forums are probably 5% of the actual community, so none of it really matters.
  • edited August 2012
    I should submit a game for Recess. Oh wait, I meant I need to make a game for Burning Con.
    Once I can confirm whether I'm free that day or not, I plan on submitting some Recess games, particularly Village, which was this year's Kennerspiel des Jahres winner.

Post edited by Matt on
  • What butt hurtery?
    They had to make the meetup 18+ because of insurance reasons and other relatively reasonable factors. It's getting pretty touchy since there were some youngins involved in the community. Some people are pulling solutions out of their asses (durrr... what if we make the tickets another $10? Wouldn't that be enough?), other people are indignant over the lack of transparency between the people who actually run the damn thing and the hoi polloi, some are running around screaming that the sky is falling... but the people who frequent the forums are probably 5% of the actual community, so none of it really matters.
    Yeah, Rym went in there and was like, "here's the reality bitches. Running events is full of craziness!" I went in there and was like "It's just a day of gaming. Why are you creating so much drama over a game day? Chill out." Of course, drama continued, so no drama policy effects.
  • I want to yell and scream about how all the laws that make this policy reasonable are bullshit (if I break my arm because of my own dumbassery, I or my parent/guardian should be liable, not wherever I happened to be at the time) and complain about the American War on Children, but I don't actually know anything so I'm staying quiet.
  • The GIMP's UI is probably its weakest feature.
    I'd heard work was being done to improve the UI. I just checked the site, and it's still shit.

Non-shit-talk: Started a huge painting, made an HTML5 Canvas implementation of Conway's Game of Life.
  • edited August 2012
    What butt hurtery?
    Yeah, Rym went in there and was like, "here's the reality bitches. Running events is full of craziness!" I went in there and was like "It's just a day of gaming. Why are you creating so much drama over a game day? Chill out." Of course, drama continued, so no drama policy effects.
    Just did a quick catch-up on all of those threads. NerdNYC is blocked at work so I only read their forums about once a week. Holy crap that was a lot of whining.

2/3 of the way through the original thread everything should have been settled, but oh boy did it continue. It's very obvious that the NerdNYC board worked very hard and in good faith to set fair new guidelines, and did a crap job of communicating them in the original message, but it was because they are already in some sort of legal hot water that they are not allowed to discuss. Yet somehow, several people have stated exactly what I just said in the NerdNYC threads, but other posters will come along and add comments while still not being able to grasp that situation (welcome to the internet I guess).

Also, Scott, I would have bet money you were going to get a page of drama. Having read those forums on-and-off for 2 1/2 years now, I don't have the highest opinion of many of their active posters. The whining did not surprise me.

Post edited by Matt on

I finished my movie edit! I'm looking for someone to test the movie, and once I know it plays fine on other random systems I'll start seeding the torrent.