This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Non-Shit-Talk of Your Day

Comments

• HMTKSteve said:

What is your level?

Book book book book.
  • Modified Zentradi battlepod and a Destroid?
  • Looks more like a MechWarrior Strider and Thor to me.
  • Could be you are younger than I and have a different first mecha experience.
  • edited January 2015
    They are mostly based on BTech stuff, yeah. The scout mech is a mashup of bits from stuff like the Locus and Flea, and the Medium has got a bit of the Uzeal and, yeah, the Thor.

There's also some more animoo stuff in there with the radiator fins/spikes.
    Post edited by open_sketchbook on
  • edited January 2015
    HMTKSteve said:

Could be you are younger than I and have a different first mecha experience.

I'm 25, so, yeah, possibly. My first Mech Experience was MechWarrior 2 for PC.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • My first Mech Experience was MechWarrior 2 for PC.

So you mean Summoner?
  • Here's my non-shit-talk of my day.

image image

Started writing this game after work on Thursday. Tested it repeatedly since. Released it just now.

10 pages long. Cooperative roleplaying game about being in a tank, with the commander a fairly limited Game Master and a ton of player input on game progress. 15 pages of random generator tables for if you can't be assed to use your imagination. Art sourced from army technical manuals.

It's time for me to pass the fuck out now.
  • Starfox said:

My first Mech Experience was MechWarrior 2 for PC.

So you mean Summoner?
    No, I mean MechWarrior 2.

• I meant

Thor Summoner

I always customized the shit out of the stock mechs. Looking back, I don't know if they were actually more effective, but it sure was fun putting as many ER PPCs as possible on a chassis.
  • I am actually starting a podcast, for real this time.
  • Oh yeah, what about?
  • Oh yeah, what about?

Just random stuff. Whatever we feel like.
  • Do you have a first episode recorded edited and posted? Cause otherwise its not non-shit talk yet.
  • Greg said:

Do you have a first episode recorded edited and posted? Cause otherwise its not non-shit talk yet.

Fair enough
    We have not yet. The website is up, and we have the "docket" for the first episode, it's just a matter of actually doing it.
  • You don't actually have a podcast until you've recorded and released at least four or five episodes. Until then you have a few audio files. Your first half dozen are like a TV pilot. You have something, and it could be good, but it's not really serial audio entertainment.
  • First episode is up. Audio is rough (recorded via webcam mic), didn't want to drop any money in until I knew it was actually going to happen.
  • edited March 2015
    Technically, you didn't actually start in media res because you defined the start of the episode. Also, Garageband can absolutely do wav.
    Edit: Not the worst first episode I've ever heard, but not the best. Keep at it and you'll get better.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Technically, you didn't actually start in media res because you defined the start of the episode. Also, Garageband can absolutely do wav.
    Edit: Not the worst first episode I've ever heard, but not the best. Keep at it and you'll get better.

Thanks. We definitely will. Any suggestions in terms of format or other random comments?
  • Well, your show, by the title alone, admits to being a "two guys talking" kind of show. To make that workable and not just a rambling mess, you may need to get really down and dirty with your editing and definitely bump up the quality sound-wise. I mean, I would never be able to tolerate "Hello Internet" were it not for the fact that they sound amazing.
  • Well, your show, by the title alone, admits to being a "two guys talking" kind of show. To make that workable and not just a rambling mess, you may need to get really down and dirty with your editing and definitely bump up the quality sound-wise. I mean, I would never be able to tolerate "Hello Internet" were it not for the fact that they sound amazing.

Fair enough. We will keep that in mind. Audio quality is definitely getting bumped in the coming weeks. I should actually be able to edit well this week due to fixing Rezound and not having to use Audacity. Thanks for the feedback.
  • My new Podcast, Junkman Radio, is up. I feel comfortable posting it in this thread, because I've already written ten more episodes, and recorded eight of them -- with plans for an interview for the show later this month.
  • Is that a podcast or a music collection?
  • It's a music collection where I give introductions to each song, and some weeks will have interviews with artists I like/feature. Should I be calling it something else?
  • I guess it is both? I think podcast is just a generic name for the delivery method.

I scanned through the file looking for words and all I found was music so I assumed it was just a collection of music strung together.
  • Greg said:

My new Podcast, Junkman Radio, is up. I feel comfortable posting it in this thread, because I've already written ten more episodes, and recorded eight of them -- with plans for an interview for the show later this month.

Why no RSS feed?
  • Sounds good to me. Definitely need a better mic at some point of course.
  • Coldguy said:

Greg said:

My new Podcast, Junkman Radio, is up. I feel comfortable posting it in this thread, because I've already written ten more episodes, and recorded eight of them -- with plans for an interview for the show later this month.

Why no RSS feed?
    Because I'm still working on the blog. Here's the Libsyn page. It has the RSS.