This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Microphones

edited September 2010 in Everything Else
So, what kind of microphone do you have? What do you use it for? Show me yours and Ill show you mine.

I have a wired Turtle Beach X 11 EARFORCE. It's name sounds like a crazy Japanese ear rape.
Photobucket
I use my mic to play videjah ghames. I also use it to record the occasional bump for some pod casts I listen to. I really like this mic. At first I was unwilling to pay so much for a headset. But then I was all like, "Fuck it, you deserve it. You are handsome and by golly people like you." The sound quality is great. It also blocks out ambient noise very well. It also records very well. I really can say enough good things for it. Basically this headset microphone is like a blow job for your ears.

Comments

• Glad you asked :D I picked up this guy the other day:

And my main mic is a classic:

• Dude... You just turned me on... I mean I likes the ladies, but damn. Damn. That is a sweet sweet mic. How man clams did it set you back? And gimmie some desails. I mean details
  • ...I just lost my last microphone. ;____;
  • edited September 2010
    And my main mic is a classic:
    And my main mic is it's sister:
    Post edited by Walker on
  • Dude... You just turned me on... I mean I likes the ladies, but damn. Damn. That is a sweet sweet mic. How man clams did it set you back? And gimmie some desails. I mean details
    Ha, it's actually pretty low-end as far as condenser mics go, but I've been contemplating getting it for a long time. It was about 60 bucks and it's a decent-sounding vocal mic. I haven't gotten the chance to try it with acoustic guitar yet because I broke some strings the other day and haven't had a chance to pick up some new ones. But I'm sure I'll be satisfied with how it sounds.
    ...I just lost my last microphone. ;____;
    This is no good :(
  • Senior Sail. I like it for it's design. I really like when mics have that "cage" thing around them.
  • For all my Geekchatting needs.
  • For all my Geekchatting needs.
    Ditto that, for the moment.
    I use a Blue Snowflake, though I plan on getting an sm-57 sometime soon.
  • edited September 2010
    I'm seriously thinking about getting that shock-mounted V63M to record the geekery podcast I've been shittalking about forever. The audiophile in me has a massive hard-on for shock-mounted gear; it looks so retrosexy.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Can you post a link or pic? I do not have a reference to what you are talking about.
  • Sail's studio mic, above:

• Whenever I podcast on the Mac:
    When I use the laptop:
  • Whenever I podcast on the Mac:
    This is the only microphone I have right now too. Not a big deal since I don't use it for anything.
  • I'm seriously thinking about getting that shock-mounted V63M to record the geekery podcast I've been shittalking about forever. The audiophile in me has a massive hard-on for shock-mounted gear; it looks so retrosexy.
    Ditto that, and for recording more for my demo reel - I just haven't been shit-talking here. It's either that, or a Shure 55SH II, for that old school style.
  • edited September 2010
    To clarify, I'm no longer shit-talking; it's just a matter of getting money for a soundcard, mixer, and mic. Or I could be a huge douche to my listeners speakers for a while and record straight-up with my laptop mic.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on

I don't do a lot of recording at home, or PC gaming, so I just use my internal laptop mic for a Skype call every now and then. I use this Sony condenser mic w/ the Kodak Zi8 pocket video camera so I can get decent audio at events.
  • I have this thing for my desktop gaming headset. So good for the price.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826263010
  • BTW, has anyone seen this: http://www.bluemic.com/mikey/ ?

I am no expert on mics but the guys who podcast on my site bought the Blue Snowball and I was really impressed at the bump in quality they got from using shitty mics to the Blue ones. Looks like Blue is putting out a nice microphone attachement for the iPhone. With the great video that the iPhone 4 takes, there's pretty much no reason to own a flip, and this just makes it better.