This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

PAX East 2011

edited September 2010 in Conventions
Registration is up for those who are going.

No hotel information yet. Pre-reg ASAP or be one of those people.

I will be Enforcing again. Jeremy may or may not go depending upon his class schedule.

Even though it will be at a new location, I intend to find the nearest Trader Joe's and bring the delicious Crispy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies.

Comments

• nearest Trader Joe's
    Pretty sure that's the on across the street from the Hynes, previous location of PAX East.
  • Once the hotels are sorted out would anyone be interested in sharing a room? The friend I stayed with for 2010 has moved to a new apartment meaning I have no more free lodging.
  • I'd go, but it's smack in the middle of the next semester.
  • Oh, is this the thread for Bitch PAX?
  • edited September 2010
    Pretty sure that's the on across the street from the Hynes, previous location of PAX East.
    Only a few minutes away.

Oh, I humbly DEMAND that Viga go. Who needs Anime Boston? ^____~
    Oh, is this the thread for Bitch PAX?
    Yes. Yes, it is.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • edited September 2010
    ...it's smack in the middle of the next semester.
    I'm in the same situation, but in light of last year, I feel that it's worth the absence. I'm only going to be missing Friday and Monday classes (no class Thursday) and since it's so far in advance, I'm pretty certain I can work something out with my professors. If I can get an early enough Monday flight back, I won't even miss most of my classes (saw a 7:00am flight that would get in at 10ish which would be excellent.
    Post edited by Ruffas on
  • ...it's smack in the middle of the next semester.
    I'm in the same situation, but in light of last year, I feel that it's worth the absence. I'm only going to be missing Friday and Monday classes (no class Thursday) and since it's so far in advance, I'm pretty certain I can work something out with my professors. If I can get an early enough Monday flight back, I won't even miss most of my classes (saw a 7:00am flight that would get in at 10ish which would be excellent.
    Well, the main reason I'm worried is because we have three "midterms"per class per semester. Since I don't know my schedule, I cant estimate when its going to be.
  • Three midterms PER class? Ewwwww
  • Even though it will be at a new location, I intend to find the nearest Trader Joe's and bring the delicious Crispy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies.
    YUSSS! You've got me addicted to those... and the chocolate cat cookies >_>
  • FYI, hotel reservations went up yesterday. I already saw a tweet that they are filling up fast. You better reserve your rooms NOW.
  • FYI, hotel reservations went up yesterday. I already saw a tweet that they are filling up fast. You better reserve your rooms NOW.
    Yeap. We got ours before the site link went up.
  • FYI, the Westin is now sold out of quad rooms for the duration of PAX East. They only have rooms with one double bed or one single bed. If you're willing to cram people in there and break hotel rules, you can try for more. Otherwise, you'll have to reserve multiple rooms.
  • I'll be there, but at the Renaissance. The appeal of being attached to the convention center is very high, but Renaissance is just across the street, and I'm a Marriott man. I travel 25-30 nights per year for work, and brand loyalty pays big dividends in the form of reduced rates, upgrades, and free nights promotions.
  • I have decided. I'll have to wait until January when my tuition disbursement comes in, but I will make every effort to attend.
  • Two things:
    Thing the first: The Extreme Beer Festival will be taking place the same weekend at the Cyclorama (~2 miles from the BCEC).
    Thing the second: Anybody gonna have some floor space available? I can't afford to pay $100+ a night by myself.
  • I need to get on this. Last year I took trains into and out of the area, and that severely limited my options to the point that I missed some stuff I would've liked to see.
  • edited October 2010
    Wait. This PAX-E is in the same place, right? And next year's is in the new place?

Also, Dimitri and I stayed at Hotel 140 last year, and it was alright.
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • edited October 2010
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Oh noes! What's a relatively cheap hotel nearby?
  • Just use hotels.com or the like.
  • Oh noes! What's a relatively cheap hotel nearby?
    No idea. Here is the link for the PAX discounted hotels: http://ow.ly/2TJzX. If worst comes to worst, there are always plenty of people looking for other people to share a room.
  • TheExtreme Beer Festivalwill be taking place the same weekend at the Cyclorama (~2 miles from the BCEC)
    I will be at this. All the time.
  • TheExtreme Beer Festivalwill be taking place the same weekend at the Cyclorama (~2 miles from the BCEC)
    WOOOOOT!!!
  • As far as I can tell tickets run $55 for Friday night and $45 for the Saturday sessions (unless prices change from last year). That gets you 3.5 hours of unlimited drinking from a 2oz cup (unless you get rowdy) and food on Friday. I think this would be money much better spent than at the Pokecrawl.
  • I think this would be money much better spent than at the Pokecrawl.
    I have to agree with this wholeheartedly. I am all about geek community events, but dressing up in a pokemon costume (not my style) and going to bars (never understood why people go to them in the first place) is just not my scene. Different strokes for different folks I suppose
    WOOOOOT!!!
    FUCK YES!!!

The Harpoon Brewery is under a mile from the con. I liked their tour more then Sam Adams. More beer. Lots and lots of beer. I suggest we make reservations for the tour though.
    WOOOOOT!!!
    FUCK YES!!!

The Harpoon Brewery is under a mile from the con.I liked their tour more then Sam Adams. More beer. Lots and lots of beer. I suggest we make reservations for the tour though.
    YEEEAAAAHHHHH!!!

What else can make that weekend even more awesome?
  • ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...
  • I just got confirmation. I WILL be going to PAX East 2011. See you buggers there!
  • edited October 2010
    Hotel has been reserved, unfortunately it wasn't the one attached to the con, but even though the Renaissance is more expensive, I'm in a party of six, so the cost shouldn't be to high. Time to not worry about logistics until March
    Post edited by Jordan O. on