This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

PAX East 2011

Comments

• I was just informed that I would not have to rent a hotel, as, since my grandma is staying out here, I could use her old apartment and take the T to PAX.
  • So glad I live in Boston. Are they trying to push beyond the "60k" attendance from last year with this new space?
  • Got my work schedual, so now I know I'll be able to make it.
  • Panel submissions and BYOC registration are both open, btw
  • When people pre-reg'd, did anyone sign up to be considered for an Omeganaut?
    Sure did, might as well have a go at it.
    Of course! I'd rather get embarrassed and have had a chance at some killer prize than have never had the chance at all.

On another note, anyone considering submitting a panel? (asides from Rym/Scott) I have a decent idea for a panel discussion, but I don't want to gab about it until I've figured out if I'm doing it or not, and if so, submit it (not for secrecy reasons, b/c if someone took my idea and did it better I'd aplaud them, but for the fact that I definitely fall victim to shit-talk if I openly discuss an idea, the opposite of what you'd expect). I start my new side-gig at MTV on Monday, so maybe I can use connections there to recruit panelists, or at least have them sponsor the panel in name to give it an air of legitimacy.
    I got to do this last year at east, it was fun, but I suck terribly at mario cart /sadpanda.

You get a lot of other perks as an omeganaut like line jumping. You honestly get to know what it's like to be a rockstar for a weekend. I was terribly embarrassed asking some of the enforcers for stuff but when I got there Saturday and wanted to watch the second round and asked an enforcer about it. Man, getting pushed through and having people shout "Omeganaut coming through!" and getting this line of folks waving you through.

It made an amazing experience at PAX even more so. I honestly didn't think that was possible really.
  • 100 days until PAX East.
  • edited December 2010
    mmmmmmm salivating.

edit: Also, I have the best wife in the world, who is totally cool with me going back to East this year even though she'll be 20 weeks pregnant. I won't be going back to Prime anytime soon (if ever again) but I'm infinitely appreciative that she understands geekery is a part of who I am, and that taking it all away is just a recipe for a mid-life crisis. My future schedule is just NYCC, PAX East, and NerdNYC events, and that is fine with me.
    Post edited by Matt on
  • Extreme Beer Fest tickets go on sale at noon today.
  • Extreme Beer Festtickets go on sale at noon today.
    I'm thinking the evening session would be best, but if more people want the afternoon I can manage. Whatever we do, we need to pick here so we can all attend the same partay.
  • I was thinking the Friday night session would be nice since they'd have food (even if there are fewer beers) and it's only $10 more. I'm a sucker for tasty snacks. But like Andrew said, coordination.
  • I will follow whatever the group decides, I have no preference.
  • I'm leaning towards the barrel night, because it includes food and because barrel-aged beer is fucking amazing.
  • Hurry up and make a preference so I can figure out what time block to request for Enforcer duties. Part of me wants to not be an Enforcer so I can have more time to hang out and get schnockered.
  • edited December 2010
    EDITS:
    Barrel Night - III
    Saturday Afternoon -
    Saturday Evening -
    No Preference - II
    Post edited by Ruffas on
  • I'd much rather attend the Barrel night, but didn't vote for it as I thought everyone was set on the Extreme Beer session.
  • I can't seem to find a link to any site to purchase tickets/number to call. Is there any information on this currently, or will they post it at noon?
  • Barrel night is the most extreme. It also seems to be the general consensus.
  • Tickets are up! We are going to the Night of Barrels. Must be 21+ (derp derp).
  • Ticket Get!
  • Ticket Get!
  • Just appeared on BoingBoing http://www.roboexotica.org/ A convention of alcohol and robots at the same time.
  • Just appeared on BoingBoinghttp://www.roboexotica.org/A convention of alcohol and robots at the same time.
    GOD DAMN IT! WHY MUST YOU TEMPT ME SO?!
  • edited December 2010
    BUY NOW, IT WILL SELLOUT IN MINUTES. BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • How much are they? It's blocked here.
  • How much are they? It's blocked here.
    60 wingwangs.
  • edited December 2010
    Err, nevermind the Barrel Night + Forum has been sold out, but not the regular ticket. Might not be as rushed as previously stated, but don't wait until the last minute either. Pete, I still got your ticket.
    Post edited by Andrew on