This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

New Muse Games

edited September 2010 in Video Games
Hey Forum!

We just released a new game over at Muse! I wasn't on the dev team of this one (I'm on Awesome Secret Project A), but try it out! It is pretty fun!

Bob Came in Pieces

Comments

• The ship-building mechanic is very awesome.
  • I got that as part of some Steam bundle, but I only played it for like 10 minutes. I wish I had more time for games. :( I didn't even realize that it was a muse game.
  • edited November 2010
    Robots with beards.

You really need to turn down the typewriter sound effect.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Bob Came in Pieces
    This game's on sale for $2.50 on Steam right now as part of the treasure hunt.
  • System Protocol One is also out on steam. We did their Steam Integration!
  • But guns of Icarus is the only one that shows up under the name "Muse games"
  • edited December 2010
    Yeah, but if you see the credits of some of the other indie games, we did not do their art, but we did some of their code.

We just distribute them. If you do to Muse Games, you can see some of these other games.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • edited December 2010
    GoI MMO? You guys can bang that out this week, right?
    Post edited by GreatTeacherMacRoss on
  • I didn't even know about that. Huh.
    In other news, I got to give a Maya lecture today, with some of my teammates. It was fun!
  • From Conrad's Twitter:

So uh, whenever someone asks for a photo of you, don't assume that it won't end up on a major Taiwanese publication.

I giggled so much. Also yay for seeing him, Emi, and I'm pretty sure that's Kiey on the page!
  • Conrad's going to become a meme if he keeps this up.
  • edited July 2011
    I'm the best. The best at space.

Additionally I have started to refer to Conrad as Lady Coco, the Lady Gaga of videogame development.
    Post edited by Kiey on
  • edited July 2011
    Oh, I didn't know Creavures was translated.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • edited July 2011
    Yes, that's what I have been working on. Also: Taiwanese web design? Very funny.

Also: Guns of Icarus, when the Chinese title is run through Google Translate, is Carlo's Guns.

Another ArticleMy favorite part is the ad on the side with the Tiger Stampede and the Red Face. LOL.
  • Hey guys.
    In addition to the big game Guns of Icarus Online, we are currently working on a smaller mobile game, for that I need your help, FRCF! I need references and information about Amsterdam. This game is cute, with a European vibe (old buildings, canals), but it also has fighting in it. We settled on Amsterdam early on and it has shaped a lot of the conceptual visual design.
    We can get a fair amount of reference through google, but if anyone lives in the Netherlands, we may have a bunch of weirdly specific questions for you about the area.
    For starters: Any names, in Dutch, which have both a nature theme and would be appropriate for a male protagonist?
    Dutch last names that relate to flowers?
    I know that there is not a lot of crime in Amsterdam, but the crime that there is, who runs it? Where does your mafia come from? (Like, New York is very well known for the Italian Casa Nostra, etc.)

Where's Nine?
  • A really good friend of mine currently lives in the Netherlands, and pretty close to Amsterdam too. Once I get out of my lab later today, I'll see if I can get him on a skype call to try and answer a few of those questions for you.
  • edited February 2012
    I don't have a decent microphone on this workstation, but I could talk when I get home, or set something up in the conference room. I also need to ask the art director, designer, and lead programmer if they have questions to ask. I know everyone has a ton. Is your friend Dutch or an expat from somewhere else?
  • I don't have a decent microphone on this workstation, but I could talk when I get home, or set something up in the conference room. I also need to ask the art director, designer, and lead programmer if they have questions to ask. I know everyone has a ton. Is your friend Dutch or an expat from somewhere else?
    He's Dutch. He was born and raised in the Netherlands, then moved to the states for a couple of years, and then went back there recently.
  • Where's Nine?
    He was banned, remember? If you hit me up on skype, though, I'll send you his contact info.

• Again? I don't recall. The account with the backwards "Apreche" name?
  • edited February 2012
    I thought he was back, like, 2 seconds ago. He's been back on the boards since the "..." incidents. Yeah, he had the Scott picture.
  • Why does he keep getting banned? Is it some sort of super secret clandestine meeting?
  • Why does he keep getting banned? Is it some sort of super secret clandestine meeting?
    AFAIK, his last few haven't been banned, he's just gotten bored with that particular identity and switched it around.

• I thought he was back, like, 2 seconds ago. He's been back on the boards since the "..." incidents. Yeah, he had the Scott picture.
    I'll make sure to put you in contact with him the next time he's online, pursuant to him wanting to be in on this of course.
  • He was banned, remember?
    Since when has that ever been a problem? You're correct about the past tense there though.

As for Gomily's questions, I do not live anywhere near Amsterdam or the Randstad for that matter. So I know very little in regards to your questions. As for your question(s) regarding names, there's very few names like that. Mostly because there's no focus at all on naming people after plants or flowers. The only thing I can think up at the moment is the last name "van der Linde" (and variants) which is related to the tree genus. Linden/Basswood they're called in North America it seems.
  • edited February 2012
    Ah, it's hard to tell which cultures have a lot of nature-based names (both Finnish and Japanese, for example, have a bunch.) Would Van der Gerst or Van der Rogge be really weird as names? What would someone whose ancestors farmed grain be called?

Also, what is a good protagonist name for a boy? Bonus points is it is kind of cute and diminutive.
  • edited February 2012
    My mate Steph's husband is a Dutch Physicist who is LUDICROUSLY tall, and grew up near Amsterdam, I can give him a shout, if you'd like?

I'd give my uncle or the four dutch girls I know(Interestingly, two lots of two, but that aside), but they're all Frieslanders like Nine.
    Post edited by Churba on