This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

New Muse Games

2»

Comments

• Jewish people who picked or changed their family names to seem less Jewish, and avoid persecution, often picked names associated with gardens and fields. Most people wouldn't recognize this theme, but it was a way to keep some kind of Jewish identity, and other Jews could pick up on this.

Check out this list:
    http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Appendix:Jewish_surnames#Germanised_or_German_surnames_.28Ashkenazic.29_with_.22meaning.22_in_German

This is German, of course, but maybe you could get similar results in Dutch?
  • edited March 2012
    Ah, it's hard to tell which cultures have a lot of nature-based names (both Finnish and Japanese, for example, have a bunch.)
    Dutch has few. We have some, but those are girls names like Roos, Fleur, Margriet. But nothing really for a male.
    Would Van der Gerst or Van der Rogge be really weird as names? What would someone whose ancestors farmed grain be called?
    Actually those aren't that strange sounding, though "Gerst" or "Rogge" might be more likely I think. They're also very harsh sounding names (we actually pronounce 'r's in Dutch, and 'g's too). I don't know a lot of suitable names from the top of my head, lacking any etymologist traits or education.
    Also, what is a good protagonist name for a boy? Bonus points is it is kind of cute and diminutive.
    No clue. I suck at remembering names.
    Post edited by Not nine on
  • Hey, are you guys at Muse considering Air Buccaneers to be competition?

These dudes.

Personally, I'm not really interested in Air Buccaneers. It doesn't really look that interesting.
  • Looks rather similer.
  • Question - Does the kickstarter still work for getting in on GOI? If not, is there another way?
  • Nope! Kickstarter is done. You may have missed the Beta sign up, because we are pretty full up for the testing phase. We will have pre-orders up on the site pretty soon, though.
  • edited March 2012
    Hey, are you guys at Muse considering Air Buccaneers to be competition?

These dudes.

Personally, I'm not really interested in Air Buccaneers. It doesn't really look that interesting.
    Yes, we know about Air Buccaneers. No, we don't really think of them as direct competition, except that we both occupy the "airship game" market niche. Gameplay is pretty different, we are actually more trade/economy based in the single player, and the repair mechanics and gunning are actually totally different. I think they have boarding? I hope that people like both games.
    I did get a kick out of the "Song of Väinämöinen" thing in Air Buccaneers. Apparently the team is Finnish?
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • edited March 2012
    Nope! Kickstarter is done. You may have missed the Beta sign up, because we are pretty full up for the testing phase. We will have pre-orders up on the site pretty soon, though.
    That'd be cool. Any way that I can buy stuff from MUSE is alright by me. Much like the Germans, you always make good stuff.
    Post edited by Churba on