This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Conservative children versus liberal children

13»

Comments

• Just curious, but does that include the personal freedom to marry?
    Personal freedoms as long as the choices are in line with what they believe.

However, from knowing a few poorly-educated farmers, I wouldn't be surprised if they take a "live and let live" attitude towards even homosexuality or whatnot. They might not agree with it (in the sense that it makes them uncomfortable to think about it) but they won't act out to stop people from living their lives. The people I've known to be the angriest about abortion/gay marriage/whathaveyou have been middle class white people living in suburbia.
  • Here you go.
    One of my friends has a small child, who I have been trying to teach that a way to say he'd like some juice is that he wants to eliminate some juice.

BONUS - It's a Jewish household.
    Wouldn't you eliminate juice a few hours after you consume juice?
  • The people I've known to be the angriest about abortion/gay marriage/whathaveyou have been closeted self-loathing homosexuals.
  • The people I've known to be the angriest about abortion/gay marriage/whathaveyou have been closeted self-loathing homosexuals.
    YOU JUST WON THE INTERNET!
  • I just read that article linked to awhile back, Rolling Stone on the Tea Party, and it's really just seemed to dawn on me. The Tea Party movement and those around it are simply unable to cope with the modern world. They can't cope with having to deal with building regulations getting tighter or loans being harder to get, or gas becoming more expensive. So their reaction is to just hunker down and pretend that by wishing hard enough it can all go away. It just seems sad, to me. They're villainizing everyone who could help them understand the world and move forward, and engaging their children in the same.