This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

DotA 2

1141516171820»

Comments

• Watch me suck more during my stream brah
  • SHITTY DOTA STREAM TIME
  • I can accept that this laptop I'm on is too shitty to run dota, but that I can't even watch dota stream, is kinda sad.
    Well, you are probably doing fine. Don't feed and remember to click on things. Have fun and win.
  • I am playing my entire Steam library alphabetically. After a few months, I am now mid-way in to the letter "D." Played the first Dota 2 tutorial last night, then read much of this thread. Oh boy. What should be a good benchmark for "got the Dota 2 experience" so I can then move on to the next game? I don't intend to become a regular player, but am not opposed to putting 10-20 hours in.
  • I am playing my entire Steam library alphabetically. After a few months, I am now mid-way in to the letter "D." Played the first Dota 2 tutorial last night, then read much of this thread. Oh boy. What should be a good benchmark for "got the Dota 2 experience" so I can then move on to the next game? I don't intend to become a regular player, but am not opposed to putting 10-20 hours in.
    Get called a feeder fag, and you are done!

I say play 10 games of limited heroes vs real players Do this after playing some game with bots, but make sure you practice with a hero that is also available in limited hero mode. Limited heroes is where new players start, as there is only a small fraction of the simplest to play heroes to choose from. Playing 10 games unlocks an achievement that gets you a cool weapon as well. By then you would have an idea of the "Dota 2 experience" and know I you'll want to invest more time in it or not.

• By then you would have an idea of the "Dota 2 experience" and know I you'll want to invest more time in it or not.

Didn't really work out for me as I was called a "faggot noob" for choosing Sniper and going down the mid lane.

I think this community must be equivalent to the Halo community on Xbox.
  • You haven't even seen the bad MOBA communities.
  • You haven't even seen the bad MOBA communities.
    Well I guess the original Dota would have the crown and with the sequel people have to catch up.
  • Are you sure? HoN might have managed to be worse than the original.
  • HoN and LoL are famously awful.
  • Are you sure? HoN might have managed to be worse than the original.
    this is an announcer pack released by S2 on purpose. The first comment pretty much sums up the problems of hon.

I suggest, if you can, get a 5 man stack with your friends (especially good if you have a few who are decent at the game, and have Skype or some other voip system running while playing, in game voice chat is inadequate) and just play public match making. If you enjoy the experience then play more otherwise there is no point in getting involved in ~10-20 hour of Dota 2 solo in any of the currently available options.
    Drinking and Dota inbound!
    Watch live video from waterispoisonst on www.twitch.tv
    Would watch if you have other quality streams available, no bandwidth for your source stream.

• Would watch if you have other quality streams available, no bandwidth for your source stream.
    Well he's never going to get partnership if you don't spread the word so he gets reliable viewer counts! The power is in YOU.
  • Would watch if you have other quality streams available, no bandwidth for your source stream.
    Well he's never going to get partnership if you don't spread the word so he gets reliable viewer counts! The power is in YOU.
    He doesn't need a partnership to send a lower quality video to twitch (partnership is required to have Twitch trans-code on their end to have the multiple stream quality option). Assuming that he wants his stream to get as many people to watch as possible (as appose to just a video record, which all dota 2 replays are saved anyway), lowering the video quality allows this.

Also I can't recommend it if I can't even watch it.

• He doesn't need a partnership to send a lower quality video to twitch
    So you're advocating gimping fun for people who don't watch streams on toasters?!? You monstrous evildoer. My suggestion is perfectly suitable for all audiences! And you come forth with such a disgusting idea just to benefit you yourself with zero regard for others! As A Forum Asshole, I can tell you. You are a dick.
  • TI4!!!!!!
  • edited July 2014
    It shall be the greatest congregation of button pushers known to man.
    Post edited by ThatGent on