This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

The Rent is Too Damn High Party

2»

Comments

• Sort of like that e-commerce, eh?
    Store is up and working (not public), but I may not have the legal authority to sell to anyone in New York State. I'm working on correcting that, but it is difficult to get straight answers from the various departments with which I've been dealing.

There's also the matter that we only have two pieces of merch. A third and fourth are forthcoming, but design takes longer than production.
    Why don't you have the legal right to sell anything? Is it something to do with your job (whatever that may be), because I vaguely recall you saying that you are cannot hold stock or something like that? If it's too much trouble for you to run the store, why not hand it over to someone in the FRC?
  • Why don't you have the legal right to sell anything? Is it something to do with your job (whatever that may be), because I vaguely recall you saying that you are cannot hold stock or something like that? If it's too much trouble for you to run the store, why not hand it over to someone in the FRC?
    To sell to someone in New York State, you need a Certificate of Tax Authority to collect sales tax for each individual county to where you might ship something. This certificate costs money itself, per county, and must periodically be renewed.

99% of the blogs and podcasts and webcomics you see selling things are probably breaking the tax laws of their home states.
  • edited October 2010
    Why don't you have the legal right to sell anything? Is it something to do with your job (whatever that may be), because I vaguely recall you saying that you are cannot hold stock or something like that? If it's too much trouble for you to run the store, why not hand it over to someone in the FRC?
    Rym's an IT guy in the financial sector. You don't want any sort of financial fuckups on your part if you're even remotely involved with that shit.

Rym: Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • it's too much trouble for you to run the store, why not hand it over to someone in the FRC?
    They'd have to do all of this paperwork in my stead (and pay all of the fees). They'd also have to periodically file with the state, declare the income as their own, and other assorted BS.
  • Or just take the hit and do it through a third party like cafepress.
  • a picture of neito
    Nice to see that this has become a meme, but yeah, I don't really like the idea of my picture on things, for no reason other than I think putting photos on things looks kinda weird.
  • Alright. I just thought the picture on your profile suited it. I guess you're right though, maybe a picture of a person does not look so great on a t-shirt
  • Alright. I just thought the picture on your profile suited it. I guess you're right though, maybe a picture of a person does not look so great on a t-shirt
    Well, when you consider that it would most likely be silk-screened, it'd probably look a bit too Three Wolf Moon. I think just a Nintendo cart would looks best.
  • My problem with the Amae Wa Mo Shindeiru party is all the in-fighting

• edited October 2010
    Our candidate, the Century's End Governor, will not tolerate any wavering from the the party platform. If you aren't committed to a BETTER future through the killing arts, OMAE WA MO SHINDEIRU.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Three words.

President. Noah. Bright.
  • Three words.

President. Noah. Bright.
  • I think Noah Bright is a politician ahead of his time
  • Maybe you should finish forming the first political party you started before beginning on a new one ^_~
    Site's up, just not public.
    Sort of like that e-commerce, eh?
    Store is up and working (not public), but I may not have the legal authority to sell to anyone in New York State.
    That's what I'm going to start using as an excuse to get out of work.

Wife: Have you mowed the lawn yet?
    Me: Yes, it's just not public.
  • So, if this is the "Rent is too Damn High Party," are they fighting to raise the cost of rent?