This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Hobotopia

edited October 2010 in Everything Else
This is shameless self-promotion, but I think enough of you are excited about it that starting a thread isn't too spammy. Hobotopia has officially begun. I'm updating every Sunday, starting from the first page. I'll be re-drawing and touching up the earlier ones where necessary, as well as adding pages here and there. I hope you like it.

(The website is still a bit sketchy. That is also being improved upon.)

Comments

• So awesome.
  • So awesome.
    And added to the RSS. Pimped on Twitter and Facebook for ya.
  • I feel like even more of a shit-talker about my own webcomic project now.

However, this is absolutely the business.
  • Subscribed to that shit.
  • GREATEST!
  • Your RSS feed doesn't seem to give a title in my Google Reader, fyi. I named it myself, but I normally go with the default name.
  • I understand what it is like to have an inside joke go too far and wish you luck.
  • Your RSS feed doesn't seem to give a title in my Google Reader, fyi. I named it myself, but I normally go with the default name.
    Gotchya, for some reason I didn't even think to touch the RSS last night. Thanks for reminding me.
  • edited October 2010
    Woo, Gunter! This is awesome. I look forward to your updates! :)
    Post edited by Johannes Uglyfred II on
  • Oh lord. I remember that thread.
  • Oh lord. I remember that thread.
    We should bring it back sometime as it was a lot of fun.
  • Whoa, I didn't realize that thread was so long ago. It feels like something that happened this year! (Even though I didn't participate in it)

I'm glad that Hobotopia's finally a real comic, though. Totally going to spread the word once you get a few comics under your belt that I can show others.
  • Yeah, good. Once a week is too slow.
  • Yeah, good. Once a week is too slow.
    I agree. If you want to get the same improvement in skill over time you need at least three times a week, like Penny Arcade, and even that will take years.
  • GeoGeo
    edited October 2010
    Was the spelling error intentional or a mistake? I think you should make it a running gag to show the low class of King Hobo.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • What are you talking about? King Hobo is ALL class.
    Then the spelling error just adds to the class then.
    Where is the spelling error?
  • GeoGeo
    edited October 2010
    What are you talking about? King Hobo is ALL class.
    Where is the spelling error?
    Lieutenant. I'm not nitpicking or anything, it just made me laugh really hard because of the overall subject matter of the comic.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • GeoGeo
    edited October 2010
    Lieutenant.
    imageThat's how it's spelled.
    I know that is how it is spelled, I'm just posting the actual word because I thought you were going to look for the error itself in the comic.
    EDIT: Damn Scott beat me to it.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Lieutenant.
    That's how it's spelled.
    In your comic, it is spelled "lieutent"
  • edited October 2010
    I agree. If you want to get the same improvement in skill over time you need at least three times a week, like Penny Arcade, and even that will take years.
    I think twice a week is enough for now. Keep in mind that a page of Hobotopia is three times the size of a PA strip.
    Lieutenant.
    That's how it's spelled.
    In your comic, it is spelled "lieutent"
    Oh, right. Sorry. I just got out of bed, and I wrote the comic at 3 AM. This is what I get for working while super sleepy.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • edited October 2010
    You wrote "beaneath" and "lieutent".
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • You wrote "beaneath" and "lieutent".
    Fuck me. I am really, really bad at spotting typos for some reason. I think I'll leave lieutent, though, that is pretty hilarious.
  • Fuck me. I am really,reallybad at spotting typos for some reason. I think I'll leave lieutent, though, that is pretty hilarious.
    Think of it as too Hobo to afford the full title.
  • Fuck me. I am really,reallybad at spotting typos for some reason. I think I'll leave lieutent, though, that is pretty hilarious.
    Think of it as too Hobo to afford the full title.
    No, it's what he calls his tent. He has it in lieu of a house. Because he's a hobo.