This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Machine of Death

edited October 2010 in Everything Else
All your favorite webcomic writers have come together and created a real book, which just came out today. There is a big push to make it #1 on Amazon today. So buy it, today.

Machine of Death: A collection of stories about people who know how they will die

Comments

• Ryan North, Matthew Bennardo, and David Malki met on an internet forum about talking dinosaurs. This book is the direct result of that and a myriad other factors. They have come a long way.
  • Ryan North, Matthew Bennardo, and David Malki met on an internet forum about talking dinosaurs. This book is the direct result of that and a myriad other factors. They have come a long way.
    Scott's theory of winning the Internet ++.
  • $10 isn't bad for the price. Ordered.
  • It's number 1!
  • ...Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw...
  • edited October 2010
    I'm waiting for the Kindle version, which should come out soon-ish.
    Post edited by Jain7th on
  • OMG. Done deal!
  • Maybe we should write a GeekNights book and do the same thing... Will it work?
  • edited October 2010
    Maybe we should write a GeekNights book and do the same thing... Will it work?
    Can I sign on in advanced for the music for the audio book version?
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • This is should definitely become a regular thing, and not only for webcomic writers.
  • Apparently Glenn Beck was on the bitter bus that this book beat his crappy book and called it out on his show today, of course not knowing anything about the book. I don't have any footage but from a few tweets he said on his program the book is an example of our "culture of death".

Maybe I should buy this book for a friend so it can beat his book.
  • I am going to buy two copies just because it makes Glenn Beck butthurt.
  • My copy just showed up.
  • I missed my copy from UPS. Ugh. I didn't leave them a note. Ah well, I'll leave them a note tomorrow.
  • edited October 2010
    I got my copy today and read the first five stories. So far each one has either creeped me out, made me laugh out loud, or given me a warm and fuzzy feeling, and all of them have me contemplating mortality and causality in very interesting ways. The last word of ALMOND, in particular, blew my brain across the room and out the window. This is a good book.

(And, of course, it has me pondering what my own card might say. I'm thinking CHEESE.)
    Post edited by Walker on
  • Additional $9 shipping to Canada.. Doubling the price? :c
  • Additional $9 shipping to Canada.. Doubling the price? :c
    You're lucky they let you buy it at all with your fake moneys.
  • Got my book yesterday. I just glanced through the book. It would have been nice if they explained who the author and illustrator is. There are a lot of names of people that I don't recognize.
  • Got my book yesterday. I just glanced through the book. It would have been nice if they explained who the author and illustrator is. There are a lot of names of people that I don't recognize.
    There are short bios for all the authors and illustrators in the back.
    There are short bios for all the authors and illustrators in the back.
    OOOH. I did not see that. -__-
  • Just started reading this today as some "light" entertainment when I'm not in the mood for Prince of Nothing.

At least as far as I've gotten, I like it, but my review would have to be something like "Great concepts, decent executions". Granted, I'm only up to Suicide, so far, but a lot of them feel like "And then he went here and did this thing and blah".