This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Civ V Big Game - This Weekend?

2»

Comments

• This would happen in Civ IV and noone seemed to care but me.
    Because it didn't matter in Civ IV. I would have a giant fucking stack of cavalry, and the order it attacked didn't matter.

In CIV V, each individual unit's individual moves are greatly important. It was just noise in IV, but it's a game breaker in V.
  • edited November 2010
    Because it didn't matter in Civ IV. I would have a giant fucking stack of cavalry, and the order it attacked didn't matter.

In CIV V, each individual unit's individual moves are greatly important. It was just noise in IV, but it's a game breaker in V.
    Actually it would fuck up defense big time. Alex would get the jump on the attack and his cavalry would elimate my catapults before they got a chance to do a preemptive attack.

Well we can always play Civ IV then ;-p
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • Actually it would fuck up defense big time. Alex would get the jump on the attack and his cavalry would elimate my catapults before they got a chance to do a preemptive attack.
    True. But, in V, the problem is compounded immensely. It can win or lose the game, and matters at all levels.

I'm just waiting until they fix the game.
  • I'm just waiting until they fix the game.
    I wonder if they will fix THAT problem. I see some solutions that would help (like a designated combat portion of a turn that could choose initiative depending on terrain and fortification of unit.) but they never fixed the problem in CIv IV so I'm not sure they will fix it.
  • wonder if they will fix THAT problem. I see some solutions that would help (like a designated combat portion of a turn that could choose initiative depending on terrain and fortification of unit.) but they never fixed the problem in CIv IV so I'm not sure they will fix it.
    If they don't, then I'm done with multiplayer in CIV V.

I long ago lost any patience for flawed games.
  • I just started playing, but the problem is my work week begins on Sunday so I wouldn't be able to play with you guys and I really want to. Civ IV I know a lot more about but there's no HUD (anyone know how to fix that by the way?) so that's FUBAR too.
  • Hmm. I'm mostly done with university for the semester and I was intending to start learning Civ V. It sucks to hear multiplayer is broken; I was hoping to play with you guys, as there's not many games that you can reasonably play between Australia and the U.S.

Apart from Neptune's Pride, are there any other notable games that would work okay?
  • It is an American holiday this week, anyone down for a game?
  • We have determined that Civ V multiplayer is best handled by Giant Multiplayer Robot.