This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

USA Election Night 2010 Discussion

Comments

• We all wait with baited breath.
    Bated: To withhold or lessen the intensity.
  • edited November 2010
    We all wait with baited breath.
    Pedantic: Overly concerned with minute details or formalisms, esp. in teaching.

And if you're going to correct someone on spelling, just whisper it, we have rules to stop this kind of thing clogging up the forum.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • We all wait with baited breath.
    Pedantic: Overly concerned with minute details or formalisms, esp. in teaching.

And if you're going to correct someone on spelling, just whisper it, we have rules to stop this kind of thing clogging up the forum.
    WWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH.
  • edited November 2010
    Your chastising of me for mocking you for correcting me for correcting someone else just clogged up the forum's tubes.
    Post edited by Jason on
  • Your chastising of me for mocking you for correcting someone else just clogged up the forum's tubes.
    Which is while we have these rules.
    I'm interested to see how many times you continue to break the holy forum rules by correcting me for laughing at you for chastising me for mocking you for correcting me for correcting someone el... well, do you see what you... what you're doing there? I mean, it's funny because it's hypocritical.
  • Your chastising of me for mocking you for correcting someone else just clogged up the forum's tubes.
    I'm interested to see how many times you continue to break the holy forum rules by correcting me for laughing at you for chastising me for mocking you for correcting me for correcting someone el... well, do you see what you... what you're doing there? I mean, it's funny because it's hypocritical.
    Why is proving a point a hypocrytical thing to do?
    Because your precious rules -- who's being pedantic? -- say to leave the moderation to the moderators, one of which you are not. So you are breaking the rules to enforce the rules. Isn't that funny?
  • Now now, fellas. Kiss and make up. Seriously. Kiss. Now. Do it. :P

As for elections, it's still very close with Murray vs. Rossi. I found it amusing that a friend on FB made an offhand comment about if someone fails to keep their promises over the last 18 years, why should they still have a job? I'm 99% sure he was referring to Murray.

I kindly educated him a bit on that comment.

I see that Reid is winning vs. Angle in Nevada. Good to see one less Tea Party person winning.
  • edited November 2010
    Can someone hook me up with a feed of California? I want to see the cloud arise when the votes for Prop 19 come in.

Other than that, I'm torn between the feeling of "Well, let's see how you like it when you get what you ask for." and "It will be the poor that suffer for the follies of the rich.".
  • Can someone hook me up with a feed of California? I want to see the cloud arise when the votes for Prop 19 come in.
    This one is less crashy than the official government page. Scroll to the bottom.
    Because your precious rules -- who's being pedantic? -- say to leave the moderation to the moderators, one of which you are not. So you are breaking the rules to enforce the rules. Isn't that funny?
    How am I breaking rules? Just don't do it again and there's nothing to worry about.
    This is hilarious! You're perpetuating the chain by insisting (though you aren't a moderator) that I should stop pointing out the strangeness of your correcting me for laughing at you for chastising me for mocking you for correcting me for correcting someone else.
  • edited November 2010
    Can someone hook me up with a feed of California? I want to see the cloud arise when the votes for Prop 19 come in.
    Thisone is less crashy than the official government page. Scroll to the bottom.
    I thought it had failed but it's close and only 1/5 areas have voted. When's flashy info-graphics when you need them?
    How am I breaking rules? Just don't do it again and there's nothing to worry about.
    This is hilarious! You're perpetuating the chain by insisting (though you aren't a moderator) that I should stop pointing out the strangeness of your correcting me for laughing at you for chastising me for mocking you for correcting me for correcting someone else.
    Stop clogging the tubes. Walk away, stop correcting people for minor mistakes, and this goes away.
    You understand that you just clogged the tubes by telling me not to clog the tubes, thereby correcting me for pointing out the strangeness of your correcting me for laughing at you for chastising me for mocking you for correcting me for correcting someone else.
  • edited November 2010
    Thisone is less crashy than the official government page. Scroll to the bottom.
    I thought it had failed but it's close and only 1/5 areas have voted. When's flashy info-graphics when you need them?
    On the gov site there are interactive flash maps of the precincts, but I can hardly get them to load.

[Edit] AP has already declared Prop 19 toast. Jumping the gun a little?
    Post edited by Sail on
  • edited November 2010
    Have there been any propositions on gay marrage on this ballot in any states?

Did Harry Ried just say "I thank my 10 brothers and sisters."?
  • Have there been any propositions on gay marrage on this ballot in any states?
    Not California. But it's kinda a moot point here.
  • It's gone up to the federal level, hasn't it?
  • It's gone up to the federal level, hasn't it?
    I don't know about that, but the california supreme court overturned Prop 8, making Gay marriage legal.
  • How do people think this is going to effect the science in schools effort? I'm not too familliar with how the state representatives effect things within their state.
  • Prop 19 needs a million votes to close the gap. This is not looking so good.
    Have they counted the city of San Francisco yet?
    You lot better have Pot legalised by the time I get there, or I will be VERY CROSS WITH YOU.
  • Need more old conservatives to die first.
    You lot better have Pot legalised by the time I get there, or I will be VERY CROSS WITH YOU.
    What's the law like on that note in Australia?
  • edited November 2010
    What's the law like on that note in Australia?
    We have a Festival called Mardi-Grass in a town not south of here called Nimbin, and it's being discussed in the rest of the country as we speak - but really, it's not that serious or enforced, here. Well more than half the nation admit to using marijuana on multiple occasions.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Ah. Well. Gotta work on those study abroad forms.
  • edited November 2010
    We just passed the 40% reporting mark and no change. I'm giving up on Prop 19. Oh well, so much for progressivism. Time to go to bed.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Ah. Well. Gotta work on those study abroad forms.
    When you're down here, We can go check it out. At the very least, you can confuse the folks back home with pictures of a 20 foot long joint rolling down the road on a trailer, and pictures of random hippes.
  • If you were going to get rid of someone American people you should have got rid of Harry Reid and kept Russ Fiengold.. Seriously America I AM DISAPPOINT.
  • If you were going to get rid of someone American people you should have got rid of Harry Reid and kept Russ Fiengold.. Seriously America I AM DISAPPOINT.
    In a lot of ways, being an American is like being a Red Sox or Cubs fan. You have to learn to live with disappointment.