This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

New Thundercats

Comments

• edited March 2011
    Y'know, I have to agree; the new Lion-O does kind of look like a pussy (ha ha I'm so clever). At least Panthro looks rugged and manly. And Cheetara? I'd still hit it.

I'm pretty jazzed for this.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • As a lady, I approve of the new Lion-O.
  • I am not a fan of the new Cheetara design. The new Lion-O's hair is silly and his arms look inconsistent with such a young face.

Considering what when on in the first episode of the last series... I'll give the new show a chance.
  • Would you say Cheetara is part cougar? *rimshot*
    I'd tap that.
  • edited April 2011
    New trailer is online and, despite my enduring hatred for the redesign of Lion-O, this looks surprisingly good.

Apparently Panthro isn't shown because he doesn't come in until later.

Edited to add: From the Wondercon Panel, "It was also revealed that, while Lion-O has only been seen so far with his younger body, he will be aged at a specific point as the series moves on." That makes me SO happy to read that they still plan on aging Lion-O.
    Post edited by jabrams007 on
  • Mum-Ra! Fuck Yeah! (Seaking)

The one weird thing is that they are already on Third Earth. Aren't they supposed to start on Thundara and the travel to Third Earth? With this different story I wonder WTF is happening on Thundara.
    I'd tap that.
    Well, depending on how easy she is, you could say she's the thundercats' ho.
    *Sad trombone*

The one weird thing is that they are already on Third Earth. Aren't they supposed to start on Thundara and the travel to Third Earth? With this different story I wonder WTF is happening on Thundara.
    In my recollection, the ship they were traveling in ran out of fuel and they crash-landed on Third Earth. The only reason they stayed there was that they didn't have the fuel to leave. I am wondering if this new series will have a deeper plot premise and how much of the original story will be replaced.

According to the panel, the entire show takes place on Third Earth. Thundara is the city, instead of the planet in the new show, and it will still get destroyed, but instead of going to a new world, the Thundercats leave the destroyed city and travel into the unknown wastes.
  • According to the panel, the entire show takes place on Third Earth. Thundara is the city, instead of the planet in the new show, and it will still get destroyed, but instead of going to a new world, the Thundercats leave the destroyed city and travel into the unknown wastes.
    I bet I know what's out there in those unknown wastes!

What's wrong with his shoulders? It's like he has football pads under his skin
  • New trailer!

• edited May 2011
    I wonder if Panthro is still black and their maintenance man.
    Post edited by KapitänTim on
  • They don't really need a ship's mechanic if the premise isn't based on crashing a ship on a new planet. Maybe he will be the janitor instead.
  • Maybe he will be the janitor instead.
  • They don't really need a ship's mechanic if the premise isn't based on crashing a ship on a new planet. Maybe he will be the janitor instead.
    Panthro was also the pilot of all vehicles. I highly doubt they will remove all the vehicles.
  • But remember he had to use his weapon as tools....
  • But remember he had to use his weapon as tools....
    What kid wants to buy a toy wrench? You can't sell that. You gotta sell cat-chucks that are also wrenches.
  • Id buy a wrench if it came from Rapture.
  • July 29th. Hopefully Studio 4C won't let us down, and this will power us through the time until more ponies.
  • New Thundercats premiers tonight.

There's a new Thundercats cartoon. Funny. "Thundercat" was my nickname for Selina after she put on a few.
  • It was surprisingly not terrible and I actually enjoyed it even if I still don't like the redesign for Lion-0. I'll tune in for the next episode.
  • On an slightly related tangent, Youtube has no videos of Lion-O doing a face melter. This gross oversight should be rectified ASAP.
  • It was surprisingly not terrible and I actually enjoyed it even if I still don't like the redesign for Lion-0. I'll tune in for the next episode.
    Agreed, it was a pretty enjoyable first episode. I rather like Lion-O's look and all the character designs in general (omg the cute thief children) but that comes down to taste. I will also keep watching.
  • It was awesome, I like the new story. I also like that Lion-O wants to do what is right even though many people don accept his believes.
  • It was awesome, I like the new story. I also like that Lion-O wants to do what is right even though many people don accept his believes.
    He's basically a young nerd's hero. Brain over brawn? Looking to utilize technology and expand understanding of the world? Questioning mainstream societal viewpoints and examining alternatives instead? Fighting to come out from the shadow of his suave, manly, jock-like older brother? Ayurp. Not that I'm complaining. :) I'm glad he's not a jerky, egotistical hero.
  • I really liked it. My one request is to see some new character.