This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights 20101123 - Pacman

edited November 2010 in GeekNights

Tonight, aside from the historicity of Davy Crockett, we consider the humble Pacman in lights of the most recent (and excellent) Pac-Man Championship Edition DX. In the news, it's Child's Play season, Bananagrams is the hot thing to play, and Farmciv is not likely to be good.

Download MP3

Comments

• Oh, and the store is online.
  • Wasn't the next Tuesday show supposed to be something about the internet that Monday listeners would've cared about?
  • Who doesn't care about Pacman?
  • Wasn't the next Tuesday show supposed to be something about the internet that Monday listeners would've cared about?
    We pushed that back. Pacman is just too good.
  • Oh, and thestoreis online.
    Yay! Ordered. And your efforts to collect New York State tax were not in vain, as it's shipping to Rochester.
  • Yay! Ordered.
    I see. I'll ship it in the morning. ^_^

For reference (I still have to add the policies page), I won't charge anyone until things are actually physically shipped. ;^)
    your efforts to collect New York State tax were not in vain, as it's shipping to Rochester.
    RIT! I didn't consider the RIT factor...
  • Oh, and the store is online.
    And not shipping to Europe :(
  • edited November 2010
    Damn it! I want the shirt I need 2 XXs I will sulk in the corner now.

Oh! I almost forgot to mention the most unique Pac-Man game you never played Baby Pac-Man. It is part Pac-Man, part Pinball, all awesome.
    Post edited by Coldguy on
  • Damn it! I want the shirt I need 2 XXs I will sulk in the corner now.
    Well, Rym did say that they were getting rid of the back-stock of these first. I'm sure he took it into account during the original printing of these that "XL" basically equals "Gamer Small" and as such the larger sizes probably sold out first.

What I'd really like to see is that image as a print or a poster. :D
    We pushed that back. Pacman is just too good.
    Not complaining, just observing.
  • edited November 2010
    Did you know that the original name for Pac-man was Puck-man? Not because he looks like a puck, but because paku-paku means to flap one's mouth open and closed. They changed it because they were afraid of people changing the name, like scratching out the middle part of the P.

Also, Super Pac-Man was the best, because you could move walls.
    Post edited by Jason on
  • Did you know that the original name for Pac-man was Puck-man? Not because he looks like a puck, but because paku-paku means to flap one's mouth open and closed. They changed it because they were afraid of people changing the name, like scratching out the middle part of the P.
    We all saw Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, Jason. :P
  • Did you know that the original name for Pac-man was Puck-man? Not because he looks like a puck, but because paku-paku means to flap one's mouth open and closed. They changed it because they were afraid of people changing the name, like scratching out the middle part of the P.
    Did you watch two commentaries last night? I did. :D
    Did you watch two commentaries last night? I did. :D
    I don't even own it (yet).
    Actually, we never plan to have sizes larger than XL. They cost more, and have to be ordered separately. It's a giant pain.
    I'm sure he took it into account during the original printing of these that "XL" basically equals "Gamer Small" and as such the larger sizes probably sold out first.
    S and M were actually the most popular sizes, and sold way faster than the rest. Despite buying the least XLs, we have the most of those left. Our demographics don't fall along the "fat gamer" lines as much as you'd think, and we had more requests for babydoll than for XXL or larger.
    What I'd really like to see is that image as a print or a poster. :D
    We had them, but they're all gone. Scott doesn't think people would buy it, though I disagree. ;^)
  • We had them, but they're all gone. Scott doesn't think people would buy it, though I disagree. ;^)
    They were printed with the wrong colors, in a relatively small size, on not the greatest paper.
  • They were printed with the wrong colors,
    The colors were fine, and they sold rapidly at Otakon.
    in a relatively small size
    It was a good size for a little wall poster.
    Actually, we never plan to have sizes larger than XL. They cost more, and have to be ordered separately. It's a giant pain.
    Well, looks like I never have to worry about buying one then. D:
    Well, looks like I never have to worry about buying one then. D:
    Another factor is the art. The silkscreens are a set size. So, the print is the same size regardless of the Tshirt size.

To get very large shirts, we either have to pay extra for the material and use the same screens (resulting in an itty bitty image in the middle of a giant shirt), or pay for a second set of silkscreens and a separate print run. Most small operations do the former, though it usually makes for a crappy looking shirt.

If there were more demand, we would consider it, but we'd have to sell at least 40 or so of each larger size to make it worthwhile. More likely, we'll print smalls and babydolls instead for the new shirts.
  • Think of it as motivation to lose weight.

If your natural size is just > XL, like Shaquille O'Neal or something, then make your own shirt. We're all Creative Commons up in here. We would love to see what you come up with. For those outside the US looking for shipping, we personally have no problem shipping to you. We just have to somehow figure how that works with Google Checkout.
  • If your natural size is just > XL, like Shaquille O'Neal or something, then make your own shirt. We're all Creative Commons up in here.
    Once I finish making them, there will be a product page for each item available, including high quality images suitable for printing.
    For those outside the US looking for shipping, we personally have no problem shipping to you. We just have to somehow figure how that works with Google Checkout.
    I have to set up alternate means of shipping. This will come as I have time, though be aware that anything other than USPS will involve delays on my part, as I personally schlep these things to the post office next to my building. International shipping is much more a pain in the arse than dumping a pile of pre-labeled mailing bags into a bin.
  • For those outside the US looking for shipping, we personally have no problem shipping to you. We just have to somehow figure how that works with Google Checkout.
    I have to set up alternate means of shipping. This will come as I have time, though be aware that anything other than USPS will involve delays on my part, as I personally schlep these things to the post office next to my building. International shipping is much more a pain in the arse than dumping a pile of pre-labeled mailing bags into a bin.Yay, I'll finally be able get the shirt :)
  • Think of it as motivation to lose weight.
    The need for an XXL for me (Or larger, if the shirt sizes run on the small size) is more of a body size thing than a weight thing; I stand 6'4" and am barrel-chested. An XL looks like a baby-doll T on me and would tear out across the back if I so much as flexed my shoulders.
  • edited November 2010
    I wear an American M and a UK L (XL/L in Topman clothes, they make tiny clothes.), quite a difference huh? BTW Rym, get on that shit for the UK, you would at least get one sale.

Do you have Topman in the US?
    Post edited by ElJoe0 on
  • BTW Rym, get on that shit for the UK, you would at least get one sale.
    I will see. It appears to be a currency issue, not a shipping issue. I believe I can fix it.
  • Zynga is voraciously hoovering up artists out of art schools in the bay area (California) to create their terrible games. Someone should rescue them.
  • The good fifteen seconds of gum-smacking made me laugh so hard I thought that the people driving past me on the road I was walking on the pavement of thought I was either hurt bad or crazy...
  • What's the T-shirt manufacturer? Are the Hanes Beefy-T's or American Apparel or what? They're different sizes, and if you only go up to XL it makes a difference.

• Anvil pre-shrunk cotton T.

The next shirts will either be this or the Hanes Beefy T.
  • Anvil pre-shrunk cotton T.

The next shirts will either be this or the Hanes Beefy T.
    American Apparel is where it's at, or whatever Threadless is using. I find their t-shirts to be so comfortable and soft.

Hanes Beefy T is alright. A bit on the thicker side for my tastes.